Last post
Captain's Call
3W
Sorcery
Common
Put three 1/1 white soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield
C# 9/249

Edit: Adding the image

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Well that isn't very good at all!
This card should have existed for always.
Loving that art.

This card should have existed for always.

Better late than never.
seems alright.
Too expensive to see a deck I think.  But it should be nice for Limited!
A long time ago this would have been insane.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
The new titan effect, this time on token makers.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

It's a nice, simple effect and the cost seems about right. Not quite good enough to compete with all the other token makers we have in Standard right now, but in a vacuum the cost is right.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)
Pretty much par for a common. Attended Knight (common 2/2 first strike + 1/1 for 2W) is better value, but 4 mana is hardly prohibitive for 3 power and toughness in limited, conveniently spread across 3 bodies. Hill Giant is still playable after all.
The type of token is important though. This still might see use in decks where Soldier matters (decks using Captain Of The Watch)
The type of token is important though. This still might see use in decks where Soldier matters (decks using Captain Of The Watch)

Not to mention Odric, who likes having at least three out. It's a two-card combo with him. Nice.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
with this card now set it looks like Timely Reinforcements is out. I think Timely was better personally too.
Seems like a decent card for limited probably not constructed playable though.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Seems fine to me.  1 mana more then Thatcher Revolt to keep the tokens.
Yep...straight-up limited fodder.
Just goes to show how nuts Spectral Procession was.

"We wlll kill them all."

with this card now set it looks like Timely Reinforcements is out. I think Timely was better personally too.

I liked it too, but it's kinda a weird card.  I can understand why it only got printed once.
Seems fine to me.  1 mana more then Thatcher Revolt to keep the tokens.

But without haste.

Not to mention Odric, who likes having at least three out. It's a two-card combo with him. Nice.

Yeah, Odric is very probably why we get this instead of Raise the Alarm or something.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

I wish this was an instant. It definitely looks pretty bad when compared to Lingering Souls.
No Timely Reinforcements? Well I guess Lingering Souls is enough as an aggro killer....

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
No Timely Reinforcements? Well I guess Lingering Souls is enough as an aggro killer....

Huh? I was under the impression that Lingering Souls is the driving force behind token aggro.

That said, this is a very good card, but easy to overlook because of it's place on the curve. Infact, this creates a full scale of cards that split into 3/4 in :W: This can create an engine that defines many different forms of control or slow aggro decks.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
A long time ago this would have been insane.

How long are we talking here?

I mean, Patagia Viper was decent, but only really saw fringe play.  And it's better.  I didn't really watch formats pre Mirrodin/Kamigawa, though.  (Kamigawa did have Promise of Bunrei, of course, which is a lot better than this card).

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Getting out a bunch of tokens and pumping them all to massive sizes was always a fun casual strategy but there weren't usually enough cards in a single standard to support it. (Though killing people with eldrazi spawns and lavafume invoker was hilarious). Recently R&D decided to let standard players in on the fun and now they're making a decent common spell so limited players can get in on it too. I wonder if there's any chance of an uncommon Honor of the Pure to support this?
The important part here is the typing of the token obviously. I'm not to thrilled that "soldiers" cost so much. Eh but that is what happens when you have to have soldiers and not knights.
The important part here is the typing of the token obviously. I'm not to thrilled that "soldiers" cost so much. Eh but that is what happens when you have to have soldiers and not knights.

I think they're committed to making knights bigger than soldiers whenever possible.

I think they're committed to making knights bigger than soldiers whenever possible.

I was actually not talking mana cost. I was being snide that soldiers are for hire and knights are sworn to you by their honor(usually).

horrible wording on my part.
Ah.
Captain of the Watch

Captain's Call

Coincidence?

Hmmmmm....

I think we're on to something.

Better? Yes. But it blanks so many decks that it sucks having it in the environment. Remove it and aggro might stand a chance against Delver (and that's a "might").

Huh? I was under the impression that Lingering Souls is the driving force behind token aggro.

But it's also the universal speed bump for any deck using white and black, which is a lot of Esper control decks. That's a lot of chump blockers for a small investment.
I don't even play tokens and I know this thing is bad. 
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}