DDI Article Technical Issues

79 posts / 0 new
Last post
If you experience any problems with a Dragon, Dungeon, or other DDI article, such as download errors, bad links, etc, please post them here.

You can also contact Customer Service.  Either way, we will get the issue resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you. 

All around helpful simian

Dragon412 Eye on Dark Sun: The Ivory Dungeon as a bad URL link.

CustServ advised  Ticket [#120614-000033]

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

EDITED  URL Fixed

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

The Underdark and Shadowfell Map Archives are bad links as well.
Cannot access any articles from Dragon 411. Help!
Cannot access any articles from Dragon 411. Help!

Did you used the Issue Archive for Dragon 411 ? All the hyperlink are functional for me. Make sure you are logged when you try them. If it doesn't work, i suggest you contact Customer Service  and let them know.

[sblock]

Dragon Issue #411

Winning Races: Thri-Kreen 
By Chris Sims
They roam the desert wastelands of Athas, the wild savannas of Faerûn, and the boundless fringes
of many homespun campaign worlds, but don’t let their strange insectoid appearance fool you: thri
kreen are adventurers at heart.

Winning Races: Kenkus 
By David Adams
Birds of a feather flock together. To a kenku, this is no mere adage but a fact of life—particularly
when your life is steeped in theft, bribery, extortion, and murder.

Quests for Humanity 
By Jeff Tidball
The human empire of Nerath fell to ruin long ago, but soon it will be reborn. From its ashes arises
one hero destined for immortality. With each quest fulfilled, you come closer to attaining your
birthright: God-Emperor of Nerath.

D&D Alumni
By James Maliszewski
We take a brief tour through the development of the game—from OD&D to the AD&D’s core
rulebooks.

Confessions of a Full-Time Wizard
By Shelly Mazzanoble
R&D’s “Player-in-Chief” lets loose her inner geek.

Eye on the Realms: The Storm Bird 
By Ed Greenwood
Out of the howling, lashing rain it comes—a portent of doom in the form of a flying ship.

Eye on Dark Sun: The Tsochar 
By Rodney Thompson
A sinister race has invaded Athas. Meet the horrific tsochar, and see why they’ve taken a shine to
the devastated world.

Eye on Eberron: Eston 
By Keith Baker
Once the stronghold of House Cannith and a jewel in the crown of Cyre, the city of Eston holds
treasures and secrets that some believe are worth dying for.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

The recent Outsider article says it is Dragon 411 inside the article, despite everything else indicating it is from 412.

As noted here, can we get things like this corrected (as was said would happen)?

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

True.  D&D Outsider: More InHuman Resources should say June 2012 Dragon 412, and not May 2012 Dragon 411

CustServ advised  Ticket [#120704-000212]

Yan
Montréal, Canada

The month's Column November: In The Work is incorrectly titled and should say July: In The Work

CustServ advised  Ticket [#120705-001038] 

Yan
Montréal, Canada

The D&D Outsider: Drider on the Storm article is incorrectly labeled and dated (bottom right page) and should say July 2012 Dragon 413, and not May 2012 Dragon 411

CustServ advised  Ticket [#120718-000031]

Yan
Montréal, Canada

The Menzoberranzan Excerpts: The Way of Lolth has a link taking you to Chapter 1: Campaign of Intrigue, the previous Menzoberranzan Excerpts: Campaign of Intrigue,  thus deploying the wrong article.

CustServ advised  Ticket [#120719-000273]

Yan
Montréal, Canada

I haVe just leveled my human paladin up to level 3. The character builder is not giving me the option to add my level 3 encounter. Can anyone tell me why this may be happening?
I haVe just leveled my human paladin up to level 3. The character builder is not giving me the option to add my level 3 encounter. Can anyone tell me why this may be happening?

Is he a standard paladin, a cavalier, or a blackguard?  Only a standard paladin gets to choose an encounter power at level 3.  The other two sub-classes get a second use of the smite power that they got at level 1.

Not sure if this is where this belongs, but I was trying to go over a Bladesinger in the Character Builder and the Instinctive Attack Class Feature is not showing up.
2 Issues!

1)  The Character Builder won't let me equip a weapon in my off-hand with the Two-Weapon Defense.

2)  The Character Builder crashed and now it won't load most of the time.  When it does, none of the choices for race/class/everything else associated with the last character I worked on won't appear (For example, Half-Elf no longer appears in Race options for a new character). 
DDI > Marketplace > Magic Items > Rituals
Search for Creation
Clicking on Create Scarecrow Crashes DDI.

Using windows7 64 and Chrome browser. Silverlight Reinstalled within the last week.

Hope this helps.

-Cake
The Map: Dungeon 205 article has the images of the Art: Dungeon 205,  thus deploying the wrong content.

CustServ advised  Ticket [#120830-000209]

Yan
Montréal, Canada

I can't access several of the DDI articles in Dragon issue 415. Also, looking back through several issues, ther are articles (albeit sporadic) that i cant access directly from the issue 'summary page.' One funny thing, though; the DDI articles are accessible if a direct link exists. For example, if Plaguescarred adds a forum post with the article as a direct link, I can access...

help?
When I click through "recent issues" of Dungeon I can't click on a single link. They're all greyed out for me even though I'm logged in. What's going on?  
I cannot enter text into any of the input boxes in the character builder.  Ideas?
Dragon Issue 416's Table of Content have the link to Eye on Eberron: Rak Tulkhesh, the Rage of War and Eye on the Realms: The Awakener of Golems incorrectly deploying respective Eye of articles from Dragon 415.

A recent Dragon/Dungeon News announced that DDi is trying an experiment in October by releasing all of our subscription content in two collected issues, rather than posting individual articles throughout the month and so those links should be disabled to avoid further confusions.

CustServ advised  Ticket [#121006-000060] 

Yan
Montréal, Canada

same as this guy "As of this evening every time I try to load up the Character Builder and it gets to " www.wizards.com/dnd/launch.aspx?x=dnd/dn..." it sits there. It doesn't start the percentage timer at all. I can still access the compendium etc and was using the CB yesterday."

in this thread
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

I cannot enter text into any of the input boxes in the character builder.  Ideas?

I'm having the same issue with the Monster Builder.  Running Mac OS X 10.6.8.

EDIT: I had a reading comprehension fail and just now realized this is the wrong thread for this issue, as it's for DDI article issues.  Submitted a ticket instead.  Carry on, nothing to see here.
Dungeon Magazine 207 has a broken link.
www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/d...

The Dungeon Command article Joining The Party: Article Test Page is incorrectly titled ''Article Test Page''. 

CustServ advised  Ticket [#121111-000429]

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Dungeon magazine 208 has a broken link:
Dungeon magazine 208 has a broken link:

It also incorrectly show 207's  cover art.

Also Dungeon 207 and 208 are also incorrectly placed under the Category Domains of Dread.

CustServ advised  Ticket [#121127-000927] 

Yan
Montréal, Canada

I tried to send several article pitches to D&D Insider right before the deadline at 10:30 PM at November 30th, but I didn't get an autoreply, so I'm afraid it wasn't recieved. I asked customer service, and they told me to send the pitches to them and they'd send it to the staff, or to post them here.

But I'm still not sure they understood my problem and thought I was merely asking to send suggesstions to the mai nteam rather than pitches for my own articles, so I must ask (Particularly the mods working for WotC), is that the proper way to go? If not, how do I get this problem resolved? I'd hate to lose a chance of getting my D&D articles due to a technical mess-up.
I am new to Insider but cannot access most of the articles, no matter which way I try to access them. 

I cannot access any of the articles of Dungeon Issue 209, 206 and 203, and almost all the way back to 174 (that's as far as I have checked); there might be other unaccessible ones in previous issues. Also, some of the cover pictures in the article overview are missing. 

I can access issue 208. 207, 205 and 204 so apparently this is not a browser problem (I have btw tried with IE, Opera and Google Chrome). Issue 186 has download buttons, something the others don't have. 

I’d be happy to hear some suggestions on how I can read the issues. 

Try loging out and clear out your cookies and log back in and see if you can access it.

If that doesn't help, you may want to contact Customer Services 

Yan
Montréal, Canada

The link to launch the Inn Generator in today's article doesn't work.

CustServ advised  Ticket [#121223-000367] 

Yan
Montréal, Canada

False Damage for Kasuri-Gama in the character builder

Dragon Magazine has it at d8 but the character builder has it at d10. Small i know but seems like an easy fix also.

I simply customized mine to be d8 but a fix would be nice 
Kusari-gama deals 1d10. It received errata during a Rule Update in October 2011.

Kusari-gama: The primary end of this weapon now deals 1d10 damage, instead of 1d8.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

If you experience any problems with a Dragon, Dungeon, or other DDI article, such as download errors, bad links, etc, please post them here.

You can also contact Customer Service.  Either way, we will get the issue resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you. 

cant access DnD insider character generator for the last couple of days. keep getting blank screen with the silverlight log icon in upper right corner of screen. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the Silverlight but still get no character generator please help ?
Hi there

I cannot access D&D insider atm, it says its down for scedualed maintenance but as far as i can tell there wasn't due to be any going on today...
It was post poned from February 21st

Scheduled Maintenance on Thursday, Feb. 21st 7:00 PM- 8:00 PM
Our Customer Support site will have intermittent connectivity for a a scheduled maintenance. This will affect the ability to access the Ask a Question Page and the My Stuff pages.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

My attempts to download Insider articles are being rejected due to "not having proper entitlement." My Insider subscription is up to date.
^^ I'm having the same issue as Shawn_Kehoe.
^^ I'm having the same issue as Shawn_Kehoe.

Same here.
I also cannot access any of the articles, even though I have a working subscription.
Getting message Site is down for maintenance when trying to access any old articles.
Getting message Site is down for maintenance when trying to access any old articles.

Same here.  

I'm confused, on the verge of frustration.  How long has it been down?

/\ Art