[M13-ICD] Thragtusk

108 posts / 0 new
Last post

Thanks to Flop!

Thragtusk - 4g
Rar
creature - Beast
5/3
When ' ' enters the battlefield, gain 5 life.
When ' ' leaves the battlefield, get a 3/3 token.
"Always carry two spears."
- Mokgar, Kalonian hunter                           

Source: MTG-Salvation/Channel Fireball

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Ach, Hans run! It's the thragtusk!
I do not want to be sitting across from that when I'm playing an aggro deck (like I'd be playing an aggro deck.)
I do not want to be sitting across from that when I'm playing an aggro deck (like I'd be playing an aggro deck.)

And it even is a counter to Vapor Snag and Unsummon. Does the "leaves the game" clause works with exile too?

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

This is terrible.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

This is terrible.

no it's not, but your card evaluation skills may be
Does the "leaves the game" clause works with exile too?

yes
Please add text to opening post. Non-Wizards spoilers won't load for everyone at times.
This is extremely powerful and not in a subtle way either. It should be called Pelakka Tusk.

Best thing about it? The second ability says "leaves the battlefield", meaning the opponent can't get around it just by exiling it or bouncing it instead. In fact, you can take advantage of the ability by blinking it yourself.

I guess we have to start using Pacifism as removal. Otherwise you're going to need two Scorching Spears as the flavor text suggests.

metallix, it is

4g
creature
5/3
enters the battlefield, gain 5 life
leaves the battlefield, get a 3/3 token
I wish this cost one mana less. Even if it had to become like a 4/3 or a 4/2.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Definitely not terrible. Fills some of the roles of Wurmcoil Engine. I mean, it's nowhere near that good, not by any means. But still, it's a decent chunk of lifegain to set back aggro decks, and it'll survive Day of Judgment. I could see this possibly popping up in monogreen sideboards.

nah, it's better than the coil, because it costs 1 mana less, gains you 5 immediately, and passes the snag test with flying color
Green is getting a lot of fun toys to play with. Shame it's one of the colors I don't play.
Blink worthy and aggro stopper.

Yay!  No titans. 
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Flicker flicker flicker flicker!
Personally, I wanted an Obstinate Baloth reprint; but this guy is pretty neat. 
Ooohh, this is the kind of efficient giant I've been waiting for to cement green as being well represented in M13.
Ooohh, looks like the beasts Garruk summons are Thragtusks. And this is their leader
SO solid.
<3
Correct me if I'm wrong.
 Isn't this little dude giving a brutal advantage if I play a few turns later, a Worldfire?
I guess it's pretty insane in Pod decks maybe I overreacted.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Alex, if you cast a nine mana sorcery, you deserve to win.

Rorix, you shouldn't only evaluate the power level of new cards in existing decks especially when we haven't seen the whole set yet. There could be new deck archetypes once M13 is Standard. 
Alex, if you cast a nine mana sorcery, you deserve to win.

Pondering EDH moves. I have to get sure if it was legal :P
I want to play this pretty badly, flickering this will be fun, crazy life gain and beasts everywhere.  I really like it. 
Conjurer's Closet wants to play.
What ever you do don't blink.

Wait, with this around all you want to do is blink. Make me want to not give up hope on G/W. 
This is good! Good in limited, constructed, EDH, cube, pretty much everything but eternal formats. I'll be having a heyday with Pod for a little while longer it seems.
Also works nice with * and Infinite Reflection. Play with ALL THE BEASTS!

*Seance

Oh this is awesome. I want one so bad.
Quite possibly best card in the set, at least for slower formats where 5cmc is doable.

If this had been a death trigger, it'd be plenty constructed playable.  The fact that it's a leaves the battlefield trigger is well...means there's almost no good removal against it.  That in and of itself wouldn't be too OP (hexproof exists).  But then we mix in the whole "abusive with flickering" right after the flickering set.

This is really scary in combination.  You don't want to use removal on this, or you'll end up behind.  But if you don't remove this right away, you risk extremely brutal combos (even flickering this once with Restoration Angel is like...a free Loxodon Hierarch).

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

I like it, but I prefer Obstinate Baloth
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
this is an amazing card.
Even just in limited you can work this guy with Roaring Primadox and Unsummons

A very strong card and dodges Vapor Snag. Without Titans in the format, a 5 mana dude that eventually gives you 8 power as well as extra life is very nice. I can't see green decks not using this guy once the titan ramp era goes.
Website for my radio series: http://www.cyrusbalesfilms.co.uk/id2.html For the facebook group of my radio series, search for "Who will save us now?" Please join! Follow my regular articles on: http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/
Flicker flicker flicker flicker!

Tuskshift... that's what we'll name our deck ;)

(using Cloudshift, for those that don't know)
Would be pretty cool soulbonded with Deadeye Navigator.

"This list much made Niche barf a lil' in his mouth, so I can be proud of that." -rstnme

Hello easily splashably highly useful midrange creature. This will see play.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
The amount of cards this pig works with in standard alone proves its worth. If you haven't won by turn 6 in your flicker deck, this guy will give a thick layer of HP and an angry army to give you a serious advantage and put you on the offensive.
Fills some of the roles of Wurmcoil Engine. I mean, it's nowhere near that good, not by any means.

Sometimes.

But a lot of the time it's considerably better.

Hoses bounce since you get the token anway and they're just handing you more life.

Exiling this won't work either, like it does on Wurmcoil.

This also has additional synergies that Wurmcoil doesn't, like with Flicker.dec.

One of the best cards of the set, I'd wager.

The primadox and this will be a fun combo. Gaining 5 life and 3/3 tokens every turn has potential.

This may go into my Riku EDH deck.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
What a decent green card.
This is good! Good in limited, constructed, EDH, cube, pretty much everything but eternal formats. I'll be having a heyday with Pod for a little while longer it seems.

Couldn't agree more.
Excellent and very fun card

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Sign In to post comments