Lords of Creation (Forum Game) - OOC Thread

815 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey! He did it. A complete sentance longer than three words. And I think I figured out how to get some of the point across.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Toe, be a dear and put my bonus XP into Domain, please.

EDIT: Into Earth, more specifically, but I figure that's more for my purposes than your own.
Sorry Shadow, gotta go to bed... work in the morning.  
Heh, I've needed to go to bed for two hours now. Eastern time, if you recall. I'll probably not post again until tonight after work.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Wow, things are starting to move. I want to see an epic divine battle!

I have to admit, I think I jumped the gun a bit going with a humanoid appearance before any humanoids exist, but I suppose any humanoids who read this history would just assume that's the way it was without worrying about it so hey. It's metaphorical.

I was kind of under the impression that the sea was a bit bigger, but never mind. Perhaps Umi will enlarge it, in an attempt to drown the whole world.

Man, even the "good" gods are a bit crazy in this universe (if this planet survives being drowned, choked in vines, experimented on by a mad god of knowledge, corrupted by Krulsk and thrown into chaos by Chaos, I'll be more than a bit amazed) 
Actually, I think there's just a lack of truly good gods at this point. I think a lot of us are Neutral.

But this begs the question: what makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were we just born with a heart full of neutrality?
I would say, born neutral, but on occasion, the being in question could be swayed to one side or another due to inherited traits.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Drowning the world... I like that idea. I'll just tuck it away for later...
Being a very small aquatic race that can live in a world both choked in vines and swamped by the ocean is seeming more and more appealing...
Mental contact with a god of knowledge has it's advantages. Such as learning how to speak without having to rely on mimcry. :D

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
I figured that would be the case.  Give you access to the source of words itself :D
I am having a ridiculous amount of fun asking people to hurt Nos.
Did I go too far? Asking if we should make two worlds? One would be all happy and safe and orderly, and the other would be all corrupt and scary. I think that be cool, but might cause problems...
Being a very small aquatic race that can live in a world both choked in vines and swamped by the ocean is seeming more and more appealing...

Hmm, perhaps Loki will create something to play in the water...
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Did I go too far? Asking if we should make two worlds? One would be all happy and safe and orderly, and the other would be all corrupt and scary. I think that be cool, but might cause problems...

There is no such thing as 'too far'
Wheee, finally some intelligent life for Nos to teach things to. Mwahahahahaha
Speaking of going to far, Thought you got your wish! You now have a gaping chest wound across your whole chest about 3 talons wide!

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Huzzah!

Can you imagine if the god of knowledge was left thinking that all forms of hurt were tantamount to a light slap? That... probably wouldn't have ended well.
Ouch. Things are really heating up down there, huh?

By the way, what level of Spawn are the Sahaguin? If Spawns are 1PP cheaper, they could be 1PP or 2 (I would think, as the first remotely intelligent life, 1PP, but they could be 2 just as cheaply).
I went with a 1 PP Shape/1 PP Nourish to get them started. I figured, if need be, I could still invest points into them after the refresh - right?

I'm thinking of possibly creating Dagon as another Exarch, to lead the Sahaugin after the refresh.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
its within reason I think. Btw I'd have them as a shape as opposed to a spawn. IMO a 2PP shape would give you a large amount of them, still mostly intelligent, yet a bit weaker as a whole.

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

its within reason I think. Btw I'd have them as a shape as opposed to a spawn. IMO a 2PP shape would give you a large amount of them, still mostly intelligent, yet a bit weaker as a whole.

I did use Shape. Fenris was my Exarch I Spawned Begot - Loki's Son
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Oh, Shape, yes! I don't know if you need to Nourish them, though (or if it helps at all).
Wasn't Fenris Beget? Undecided
Wasn't Fenris Beget? 

Yes, he was, I'm clueless today. Lol!

Anyway, seeing as Nourish isn't needed, I'll spend the PP elsewhere.

Would a 1 PP Guide be needed to teach them to be predators/hunters/etc?
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Well, spawns are 1pp cheaper, but not shapes.

"Spawn" basically creates non-intelligent, non-nation-building creatures.
"Shape" basically creates intelligent, nation-building people.

So the fish-men are a 1PP shape. That means that they aren't too threatening individually, but that there are a large number of them (and, over the course of the game, they'll become even more so, having the advantage of high fecundity)

EDIT: Tech, actually, you don't need to spend a guide PP to make them hunters. Generally speaking, you are free to say that they have any skill or technology up to an age limit (for the first age, that's "classical"). You can use a guide to signal that they are particularly good at something (dwarves who have a guide: mime action performed on them make better than average mimes, for example, but any race could produce mimes). Techs outside that age limit can still be taught, but not for free.
Hmm... Anubis.  How long do you think we can go without ever actually talking to one another? :D

EDIT: Tech, actually, you don't need to spend a guide PP to make them hunters. Generally speaking, you are free to say that they have any skill or technology up to an age limit (for the first age, that's "classical"). You can use a guide to signal that they are particularly good at something (dwarves who have a guide: mime action performed on them make better than average mimes, for example, but any race could produce mimes). Techs outside that age limit can still be taught, but not for free.

OK cool, I'll just hold off on spending it for now then, it'll come in handy after the refresh.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Salmon, you made... non-whale whales?   I'll try and keep that straight :D
Thought I'd share this with everyone.  I still need to label it, and unfortunately 'beaches' appears to be something beyond my current abilities with this program... but here is our little world so far.  And yes, I made the ocean bigger.

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/256/thewor...
Hmm... Anubis.  How long do you think we can go without ever actually talking to one another? :D

Krulsk talk with fists!! ...but seriously I don't know, he just doesn't seem the sort of god to hang around about five or six others when he has no power to defend himself or bully them with 

Krulsk talk with fists!! ...but seriously I don't know, he just doesn't seem the sort of god to hang around about five or six others when he has no power to defend himself or bully them with 

I am now imagining oozy hands with mouths on them and deciding that once again you need to stop creating my nightmares.
Huh, that IS creepier than my eventual idea of having him talk, but then grow a huge tongue that whittled outwards to taste the air, before the serpentine tongue grows a mouth of its own and starts talking... I have problems 
*shudders*

Yeah, thats it.  Goodnight :P 
Salmon, you made... non-whale whales?   I'll try and keep that straight :D

Yes. Aren't they beautiful? Also, is it okay that I made twelve of them? They're meant to be a greater spawn, and the spawn text says there's 'few.' But all of your spawns have been lone creatures...
Yes, and conciously so... but I've been making things even larger than greater spawn, so... it seems only right to make them singular.

twelve is a fine number... so is 100

Is there any way I can spend my other PP to enhance the Sahaugin? As of now, they're not too numerous but they're decently strong...As I said, I'll be making Dagon as another Exarch, so they may follow Loki through an intermediary more suited for themselves...Would it be better to use a PP to enhance them now, or use it after the refresh?
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Thought, I agree we probably want a reset soon.  I think we're all out of PP save Shadow, and maybe Fred... and Outside Thinker, but... we may have seen the last of him.  

Given that its friday, I see two options. 
1) reset tonight.
2) reset tomorrow night.

I have company staying at my house tomorrow night, so I'm leaning a bit more towards the former, but we're at least *trying* to get to a regular schedule, right?

Tech:  One of the... interesting... things we're trying out in this iteration is that you can't *directly* nourish a population, but you have to do it indirectly.  Your options are two-fold.  You can either teach them a technology that will increase their overall ability to survive, or you can create some deposit of natural resources that they can use to do the same.  The first is a guide action, the second is a nourish action.  You're actually nourishing the land and creating a physical item that can be, potentially, contested by other nations and players.

Also, unrelated note, but you're not putting your expenditures into the PP-recording form on the first page of the OOC.  I do my best to make sure everyone's contributions are counted at the end of the turn, but the safest bet is to record it yourself just in case.   Thanks!

Heeeee's baaaaaack.

Name: Zeym
Holy Symbol: A thought bubble, filled with random colors.
Appearance: A shifting array of fantastical images and events, usually featuring a humanoid female.
Domain: Dreams
Misc: Zeym seeks to make dreams a reality; the good ones to bring joy to her beneficiaries, and the nightmares to help them overcome their fears. As a subset of this goal, she also works to make mortals dream brighter, darker, and/or more fantastic dreams.

Edit: Should have finished reading IC before posting this... Curse you, hindsight!
Hey Wizdude.

Ara just took war as another domain, so you'll have to either negotiate with her or pick something else  Good to see you again!