Lords of Creation (Forum Game) - OOC Thread

815 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone know a good monster builder?  My old computer had the adventure tools one which I liked pretty well, but I can't download it again as it doesn't exist, and I don't play nearly enough DnD to warrant actually getting a DnDI subscription again.

D&D 3.5 or 4th? 

OK, I've posted.

I don't know if I did that right, or if it's necessary (or possible) for me to create Time, but hey.

Let me know if that's OK. 

Time is your domain, right? If so, no, you don't need to "create" time, at least in the sense that you have to spent PP on it. Your god might still "Create" it in game, but that would be a free action.

Short answer: more PP for you to spend!

Anyone know a good monster builder?  My old computer had the adventure tools one which I liked pretty well, but I can't download it again as it doesn't exist, and I don't play nearly enough DnD to warrant actually getting a DnDI subscription again.

D&D 3.5 or 4th? 

4th, ideally, but at this point I'd take either :D

Joran, it makes sense for you to show up in conjunction with Time Lord's God... protection against his punishing.  Are you planning on self-ascending?

Thought... okay  

I plan on self-ascending. and in fact it might work out better than one would think! Just let me know when I got the green light!

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Well, the idea with self-ascending is that there are no lights, so when you think it is appropriate, go ahead.
Okay so I have... 4 PP to spend? Since they carry over... Cool, so I get to make a large sea, and some stuff to live in it.
I'd like to put the free XP into Empower, if you don't mind Toe, dear. :D
Alright, I have another question. Feels like I'm asking a lot of these...

The 'spawn' action explicitly creates monsters. The 'guide' action influences mortals. I can't figure out how to create intelligent races. Humans, elves, dwarves, *cough*hyper-intelligent squid*cough*, etc. How would I go about doing this? Should it just be a spawn action? Do intelligent races just crop up on their own, put into play by the elder thing or whatnot? This isn't something I feel is appropriate for where we are currently, but it's going to have to happen eventually.
You want Shape: 

Shape (3PP) - This creates a sentient race that is native to the plane and environment it was created in. For example, Angels created in the prime material plane are, for the purposes of this setting, normal, mundane creatures. At this level, races are relatively average. At lower levels, they tend towards having larger populations but are individually weaker, and vice versa at higher levels.

On that matter, though... we should probably make some rules regarding the superior spawns I plan on spitting out on a weekly basis for the next few weeks.  How to direct them and the like.  *ponders* 

Oh, and yes, you have 4 PP. 
I think that I can wait to be ascended btw, /wink wink to toph
Well, okay  I was thinking about doing it this turn if I could scrounge up people to contribute the remaining PP, but if you want to wait... :P
I would certainly help with that, insert some circle of life up into this ascension.
hehe time to run to sleep anyway, good night :p
And yes, to those of you looking for more LoCs, my reply in the IC thread now links to all but one of them.  Well, two, but the true original LoC has been lost to the ages... or the internet goblins, take your pick.
and I apologise for the break in the IC thread, but some people don't care to read the sblocks or are to lazy to do so. An explanation was required so that no others would come bursting in in the wrong thread. At least I hope not.

That being said......Game on!

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

On that matter, though... we should probably make some rules regarding the superior spawns I plan on spitting out on a weekly basis for the next few weeks.  How to direct them and the like.  *ponders*

Command, I'd assume. Guide is for smarty pants thingies, and since it was a spawn, your big ol creature wouldn't count, hence Command.

In other matters, Nos would be happy to help ascend any gods that need ascending. More being in the world, more knowledge there is for him to discovery. It's a win win situation.

Joran, makes perfect sense. Still, hopefully other people will generally look to the OOC thread to voice those concerns in the future.
well... errr...

yeah, that works  
You want Shape: 

Shape (3PP) - This creates a sentient race that is native to the plane and environment it was created in. For example, Angels created in the prime material plane are, for the purposes of this setting, normal, mundane creatures. At this level, races are relatively average. At lower levels, they tend towards having larger populations but are individually weaker, and vice versa at higher levels.

How did I not see that? Thanks.
Not a problem.  

Now reply to me in the IC!

Or make an ocean... thats cool too.  
Time is your domain, right? If so, no, you don't need to "create" time, at least in the sense that you have to spent PP on it. Your god might still "Create" it in game, but that would be a free action.

Short answer: more PP for you to spend!

It seemed like time would have to exist for it to be my domain anyway, but I wasn't sure. Still, I can't complain if it means I can do more stuff.
*deletes your PP expenditure*

There.  More PP for you! 
Outside, I think you probably want a forge instead of a craft... craft is for conceptual things, while Forge is for more... concrete ones.
Yell
Shoot. Toph, I just realized what you meant when you said 'respond to me.' I was a little confused by that because I didn't see that one sentence when you mentioned Umi in your post. I assumed the 'hello' was directed at Nos. Sorry about that.
No worries.  I'll come back in a bit (although... thanks for noticing the big sky-beast).  Gonna see if I can convince some people to get another god in play.

(oh no!  I gave it away!)
Nice opening post, Outsider. I think its a great opening for what seems likely to be an interesting character.
Sorry, Thought... as it turns out, Ikola's a little... unintelligent
Death is in the bubble with Ikola and Nos, right?

Also, is it customary to bold the names of gods? Lots of people are, and it does seem like a good idea.
I've always done it, but... not strictly necessary, no.  And yes, yes Death is.
Nice opening post, Outsider. I think its a great opening for what seems likely to be an interesting character.

Many thanks Thought! Like where yours is heading to!

Yeah, the know-it-all and the idiots (and Umi, hanging out and realizing that we're all a bit crazy) :P

Incidentally, Salmon, I'm not *techincally* Ikola... yet.  Haven't given myself a name (even thought it *will* be Ikola)... haven't even *thought* of a name... in fact, I don't even *know* what a name is... well, perhaps I have an idea because of Thought just now... but...

Anyways, you can't know my name because I don't have one yet!  Also, while i don't care in the slightest, there are some other players who might grouse about you reading their minds, so... fair warning  
Oh, I'll change the bit about your name then. As for the mind reading, Umi doesn't know anything more than future-Ikola about Nos and Death. I really just picked up names and domains, no experiences, no thoughts or feelings. I didn't think anyone would have a problem with me getting that much. Thanks for the warning though.
yeah, no worries

Anubis... that PP expenditure breaks my program :P  (I fixed it
I don't want to seem impatient or anything, but is there any idea when I'll show up in game?
--- The Member Formerly Known as GhostVampire
Oh noes! My ocean!

Actually, filling it with corruption sounds like it'll make interesting things happen...
Let's see... well, I think Toph was planning on ascending someone, and Ara said she'd ascend you, TimeLord, right? Luckily for both, there's a multi-handed god eager to help in any way he can, for the small, simple price of a little knowledge. ;) ;)
Hm, sorry, should I not break up PP Expenditures like that and do it as, say "2PP (1 Generate)" Rather than "1PP + 1 Generate PP"?

And yes, corruptuion on land on sea could make fun things happy  

...incidentally, does anyone else notice that my character seems to be coming across as less as a god of evil and more as a Captain Planet villain? >.>
Yeah, do the former, as that way my program just says 'oh good, 2 PP was spent' and doesn't give you 1 PP and ignore the other one   (and I *do* check, so don't worry *too* much about it )

I DID notice that!

Nerdzul... how much do you like Captain Planet?  

Time Lord... err... soon?  Ara told me she was having interent troubles earlier, so perhaps that is why nothing quite yet. 
Cool cool. Just checking out what the plan was.
--- The Member Formerly Known as GhostVampire
In fact, I know she was planning on doing it last night, but your ascension post got eaten and she didn't feel like replicating the post on the spot
Sign In to post comments