Lords of Creation (Forum Game) - OOC Thread

815 posts / 0 new
Last post
Topheh, I need to beat you up for that. For those, actually. Unacceptable...
Bah, 33 PP total I have to spend. And with school starting, it's even harder to post regularly. Not like I was posting very often before, but still. I have things lined up I want to do, I just don't have quite enough time to write them all out.

There is only one solution: Take a break from life and focus on LoC for a day or two. Yes, that'll do quite nicely... 
Well, I thought I was being terribly clever.  

Now post, before you are the Death of me! 
Well, SHadow... I *am*  Life.  I terraformed an entire moon to get you to reply to me! :D

Give me a moment to Order my thoughts, and I'll reply. 
So many bad puns... It burns...

Anyways, where are the Mazunti on the map? I thought they lived under the seamounts, but I can't seem to find said seamounts. Are they those little green triangles in the ocean south of The Law?
Yes, the limitations of 'underwater mountain range' and my program which was not designed to make... underwater mountain ranges, means that green triangles is what you get to Sea.

And I'm done now, I promise. 
Is pushing the shore back ten miles all over the planet too much for a 2 PP command? And how would I mark that, and the river creation, on the map?
For something *that* annoying, you have to put a thousand markers into the map! :D  (nah, I'll *definitely* remember that, so no need to mark it.

And... ten miles isn't that much, so... no, thats probably not too much.  3 PP if you really wanted to be sure.
I'll change it to 3 PP then. I was looking to burn PP anyways, so that worked out...
OK, can someone help me out here? I've got:

Generic: /3  Domain: Chaos: 0/2 Storm 0/1 Skills:  Generate: 0/1 Impose: 0/1 Empower: 0/0 Combat: 0/0

to spend, and no idea what to spend it on.

I've got my god and 2 sentient races (Sahuagin & Locathah), both educated in warfare and prepping for such, and aided by war machines/siege engines, and boats, even though they dont need boats.

I also have a large storm encompassing Dagon's Maw, and the gulf to the north of it (which I would appreciate having large stormclouds added to the map, as well as having the settlement on the island pretty much encompass the island, since I did that a while ago...)

I like the idea of storm elementals...that's not a bad idea...anything else would be very helpful, but I need to know how many PP to spend on actions.

Ie. X amount of Generic/Domain/whatever PP for this effect, and Y amount of PP for another effect and so on...

This. Again. Since I've yet to get a full answer.

Still need answers here.

And I'll restate: LOKI/FENRIS ARE GONE. It's ONLY DAGON now.

There are 2 races created by Dagon, The Sahuagin, and the Locathah. (The settlement on Dagon's Maw needs to be MUCH bigger, as they now encompass the entire island.)

The storm Dagon created should shroud the island as well as the gulf to the north of it.

Both races are prepped and ready for war, and will be striking out soon.

I NEED SUGGESTIONS (AND PP-BY-PP EXPEDITURES) FOR ALL MY PP I'VE GOT SITTING AROUND, PLEASE.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Dagon:
So, am I understanding you correctly that you want another player to basically play your god for you and decide exactly what you should spend your PP on?  Also, please read up.  I did give you a suggestion, in the format you desired.

Everyone:
I was planning on resetting today, but my afternoon plans turned into dinner, evening and late-night plans.  I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder to please put your expenditures into the form, otherwise I have to do it and I'm more likely to miss something!

Reset is commencing. 
Whoops. Totally blanked on that. Sorry Toph. I'll try to get them in later, when I have access to an actual computer, rather than a mobile.

Edit: I now see that you have already entered Umi's PP expenditures. Thanks for that, and sorry again.

Also, if I could use my new domain to claim water, that would be great.
Done.  And no worries.  I don't mind doing it every once in a while  This week we just had more people than usual being forgetful.
Don't worry! I got something big coming everyones way! So I cant forget to post this one!

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

pleasedontchangethemap.pleasedontchangethemap.pleasedontchangethemap.
pleasedontchangethemap.

I mean, how interesting.  Do go on!
As you wish. Giant map changes incoming! :D

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Dagon:
So, am I understanding you correctly that you want another player to basically play your god for you and decide exactly what you should spend your PP on?  Also, please read up.  I did give you a suggestion, in the format you desired.

No, I meant based on what I had spoken about before I left (ie, the storm elementals and such) what would I need to spend out of the PP I had to make it happen. A suggestion of 3 or 4 PP helped, but doesn't really answer the question of what types of PP needed to be spent/how many of each.

Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
As you wish. Giant map changes incoming! :D

Speaking of... you want a map of the moon(s)?

Thought:  I am taking my God elsewhere later today, so... if you're going to answer, please do so soon!

Tech:

Tech:  4 PP:  Spawn Beast:  Whirlpool Dentata.  A whirlpool with Teeth!  RAAAAARGH! 

Nah, not much to map right now. Eventually, yeah, but for now they are largely a blank slate.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

Tech:  4 PP:  Spawn Beast:  Whirlpool Dentata.  A whirlpool with Teeth!  RAAAAARGH! 

Got it, but what PP does is need?

Like, 2 General + 1 Chaos + 1 Storm?
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Sorry, I've been unexpectedly otherwise occupied and didn't get a chance to make an announcement. Anywho, alons-y!

Sure, Tech, why not?

Got it, but what PP does is need?

Like, 2 General + 1 Chaos + 1 Storm?

Yeah, that sounds pretty good.  A storm-born, chaos-filled toothy whirlpool of doom.
Wait.  Thought... was that a 'posting soon' or a 'I'm out of here, suckers!' alons-y?

Well, you have until the end of the night, you slacker.  Then I'm spending all my prodigious PP to do lots of interact-y things. 
Finally got around to posting ingame. Glad I had double PP to spend since I didn't use em last week.

Now I just need to figure out who to send my creations after...
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Wait.  Thought... was that a 'posting soon' or a 'I'm out of here, suckers!' alons-y?

It was an "I'm posting soon," but then more things came up. Start of term's never a nice time, it seems.

*mutters fitfully about someone stringing me along with declarations of postings...* :D
Any ideas on who to sic the Sahuagin, Locathah, and Storm Elementals on? I'm not sure who they'd really have an issue with aside from the other sea-dwelling humanoids, but that's too generic...
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Sic them on each other?

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
*mutters fitfully about someone stringing me along with declarations of postings...* :D

You'll note, I haven't declared once that I was about to post. So, presumably you are talking about Shadow, right? :P
Yes, exactly.  Him.
Are you waiting on me? A bit confused. I'm still waiting for you to be summoned. Or should I proceed to sterilize the moons? :D

I don't think I declared I was going to post anywhere either.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
I was kidding.  I'm on my way momentarially. 
Sic them on each other?

/facepalm

No.

There's no reason for them to turn on each other.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Sure there is. Everybody loves a civil war.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Nah, they've been co-existant from day one, and I'd rather use them against a common enemy.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Of course there is.  Secretly, they hate one another's BO.  Then someone says it, and dramatic attempts to eradicate one another ensues.

Oh ye of little faith, we can come up with 'reasons' for anything!

That said, feel free to attack any of my guys.   
Maybe they splinter over a theological debate centered on which group their god favors the most. Religious civil war.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Wow it looks like I have some catching up to do!

I would say set them on the Mazunti, of course. Those pests are annoying my lovely frog-men! 
Wow it looks like I have some catching up to do!

I would say set them on the Mazunti, of course. Those pests are annoying my lovely frog-men! 

You've got frog-men, I've got pirahna/fish-men...I see a likely alliance here

As for attacking the Mazunti, approach the idea in-game...send an envoy to my people and we'll see if you can sway them to your cause.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Sign In to post comments