06/14/2012 FtL: "Sandy (In)Sanity"

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Anyone want to start taking bets on exactly when R&D finally gives up on attempting to make mill worthwhile?
It's not meant to be relevant in competitive play- except for a few corner cases. But every casual play group I've ever seen had at least one guy that had built a mill deck. In that sense it's a worthwhile theme.
It's like asking how often a tribal deck makes it to finals....just doesn't happen very often if at all. 

Bur they still make goblins for that extra yumminess..... Besides mill decks may not be very effective in constructed.... But limited could be a different story.... 
I hadn't realized until now how much better Altar of Shadows had become, without mana burn in the picture.
I hadn't realized until now how much better Altar of Shadows had become, without mana burn in the picture.

Yes.  14 mana before it does anything.  It has become quite the powerhouse.....you know......without.....mana......burn.....
mmmmm, milling, my favourite win condition. This is still not strong enough though, unfortunately.

Also, anyone was kind of meh at the fact that they just had printed Increasing Confusion?

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
this card actually MIGHT make mill worthwhile, much better than previous mill artifacts since it scales up so well. its definitely powerful in limited, where the decks are much smaller.  it does seem like an odd time to print this card right after increasing confusion, which seems alot less cool now being able to mill for X.

Yes.  14 mana before it does anything.  It has become quite the powerhouse.....you know......without.....mana......burn.....

In Commander the ability to have an obvious "Nuke target creature" button that resets every turn and gives you a bit of bonus mana during your turn is a powerhouse. Well, it can be.

this card actually MIGHT make mill worthwhile, much better than previous mill artifacts since it scales up so well. its definitely powerful in limited, where the decks are much smaller.  it does seem like an odd time to print this card right after increasing confusion, which seems alot less cool now being able to mill for X.

It's just not that good. You're looking at a 9 mana investment before it does the same thing a Dream Twist will do for . Sure it's repeatable, but pretty much every other mill option gives you a better card/mana ratio than 1:1.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)