Searing Light - A 2nd Level Spell?

Searing Light is listed as a 1st level cleric spell. It does 4d6+6 dmage (or 4d12+6 to undead). Seems pretty powerful for 1st level. The 2nd level wizard spell Arc Lightning is the only thing to get close to it.

The clerics have some pretty heavy hitting spells. Clerics appear to be better casters then the wizard and as good at fighting as the fighter. A party of all clerics would mow through any encounter with ease.
Unlike Searing Light, Arc Lightning still does half damage on a miss *and* can strike a secondary target for half damage. Also casting Searing Light means you've lost a slot that could have been used to cast a healing spell, which is a pretty costly trade-off in the current rules build.

As to your other statement, Wizards get more spells and several are auto-hitting (with save) and/or area attacks which I feel makes them more effective casters then clerics. Fighters (at least the current sample build) appear to have a +1 to hit and +4 damage over the cleric along with superior weapon selection, hit points, and at level 2 some multi-action options, all of which make them better at fighting then clerics.
A party of all clerics would mow through any encounter with ease.

Gosh... where have I heard this before?
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.
A party of all clerics would mow through any encounter with ease.

Gosh... where have I heard this before?

What's that, a party of clerics is better than a party of other things? It's almost as though nothing has changed!