Kitty Cat Monk, Suggestions for back story?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello Everyone! How are you all? I'm doing fine myself incase you were wondering.

Right now I just created a new lvl 6 character for a light harted party that i have been playing with for 2 levels. I was playing a caster druid but I found him to boring to play as so instead i decided to make a character that i would be able to run around as. Also i've always wanted to make a monk character. He is a Hengyokai (cat) and here is his back story:

Normally hengeokia are creatures of the feywild, who simpily find a disire to explore new places, and fall in love with the realms they encounter. Spencerr Theorne was born in the normal plane, not the feywild. He was orphanized by a powerful group of bandits that destroyed his village, familly, and everything he had known at the young age of 3. Left in the burning hot desert beside the ruined village, he was brought in by the Monks of Khin'Lashgorre, a famous group of monks know for there hidden temple in the meddle of the Ghendar dessert, constantly bieng covered and uncovered by the shifting sand dunes like an island forever stuck in the rise and fall of the tides. The monks leader, The Yourgyn sesned the Phycic potetiol in Specerr and brought him in. In this temple he was taught to be wise, charismatic, quick! But above it all he was tought to be adaptive to any situation, constantly changing positions like the sand dune in the desert. After 16 long years of training. He was sent on a quest to find honor and justice in the world. But bieng a cat, he mainly just found the nap time he missed out on for the first 19 years of his life. Spencerr decided to hunt down the group of bandits that took everything from him so long ago, but after tracking every single last one of the bandits down and destroying them, he went back to the temple, thinking his quest complete and his training almost over. After travelling back to the monastary, this living weapon discoverd that his beloved temple was ironicly burned to a crisp by the very same bandits he has sought after to destroy. Now the bandits are one of the most powerfull forces in this land, and Spencerr is going after them again. Not for revenge this time, as that was clearly the wrong path, no simpily for justice and for a clear mind that he can start rebuilding the temple of Khin'Lashgore, and find his balance in the world. His motive pure, his aim true, battle is the ying to his yang, and you are his next opponent.

Just a couple of things I see in reading. You said that he hunted down every last bandit, but then later you say they are the most powerful force in the land. I assume you mean the members of the bandit group directly responsible vs the bandit group as a whole. Also, there are man spelling errors, but most of them weren't so bad so I could follow the story.

Other then those things I think the backstory is good. 

Big Model: Creative Agenda
Love 4e? Concerned about its future? join the Old Guard of 4th Edition
Reality Refracted: Social Contracts

My blog of random stuff 

Dreaming the Impossible Dream
Imagine a world where the first-time D&D player rolls stats, picks a race, picks a class, picks an alignment, and buys gear to create a character. Imagine if an experienced player, maybe the person helping our theoretical player learn the ropes, could also make a character by rolling ability scores and picking a race, class, feat, skills, class features, spells or powers, and so on. Those two players used different paths to build characters, but the system design allows them to play at the same table. -Mearl

"It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the publick to be the most anxious for its welfare." - Edmund Burke
Just a couple of things I see in reading. You said that he hunted down every last bandit, but then later you say they are the most powerful force in the land. I assume you mean the members of the bandit group directly responsible vs the bandit group as a whole. Also, there are man spelling errors, but most of them weren't so bad so I could follow the story.

Other then those things I think the backstory is good. 

Thanks! I wrote that up in half an hour after pondering it for an hour or so so obviously i need to draft it (which i have) He is a very fun character to play as!