MTGO 10th anniversary events

112 posts / 0 new
Last post
www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

Thought this would be relevant to your interests!

Sincere thanks for 10 years of MTGO, folks.

And a special nod to Magic itself, the best game ever. (Possible I am biased.)
How about something extra for those of us who have actually been here and active for ten years? Wink

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
You should give everyone Tin Street Hooligans and Tin-Wing Chimeras

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
You should give everyone Tin Street Hooligans and Tin-Wing Chimeras

Clever.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
So, the 10th Anniversary Invasion events run through the time when planechase is scheduled to be released online, and yet we still don't have any more information on planechase.

I'm really hoping that planechase can be used for more than just casual games, but with the lack of information I'm fearing the worst.    
Oh yes, I also wanted to say that I love the fact that Invasion drafting is coming back.  That is the set that got me really interested in Magic, and I've been hooked every since.   I remember spending way too much time drafting Invasion Block at the Wizards of the Coast store at the Mall of America.... good times.

Hopefully the next cube draft set will be as exciting as this special event.  
No gunslinging? No special events other than the usual fare? :/

Winter.Wolf

Looks like a good time.  Thank you, Worth.  Always great when we get to draft Invasion.
Where is that Hymn to Tourach art from?  There were four original Fallen Empires versions.
Where is that Hymn to Tourach art from?  There were four original Fallen Empires versions.

it's new art that was debuted in the MTGO cube.
I'm still curious what Wizards is going to do next year for Magic's 20th.
The Invasion draft payouts are balanced!
Would have liked to see some Swiss Invasion queues
Yikes! 10 Years.

In so many ways that's a wonderful milestone for WoTC.  But in other, more sombre ways... well lets just say there are probably whole years we'd all like to take back out of that timeframe.
Classic Quarter
(www.classicquarter.com)
Wow, I was here from the beta... that means I've been playing MTGO on close to 3600 days... At 2-3 games per night that is at LEAST 10000 games... WOW.

Yes, I've played nearly daily for 10 years. That includes a stretch of about half a year where I was almost continuously online, like skipping sleep and everything. Ah, the summer I became a MethTGO-head... <3
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.
www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

Thought this would be relevant to your interests!

Sincere thanks for 10 years of MTGO, folks.

And a special nod to Magic itself, the best game ever. (Possible I am biased.)

Sadly I missed year one of Mtgo, but almost 10 years of this seems  like yesterday.

Thanks for the past 10 years . Now lets look forward to making the next 10 even better!!

No gunslinging? No special events other than the usual fare? :/

+1 to that.

Let Wotc know that Standard Pauper needs in game support! WoTc does listen! HERE

BETA BOARDS Moderator

Want to know about the next Magic Online Player Run Events? Then click the link and check it out!

Making MTGO a better place by BETA testing!

How to apply for beta

Community Cup Player 2011

it's new art that was debuted in the MTGO cube.

I wonder if we can take this as a sign that the other original artwork cards for MTGO cube drafts could be used as promos in the future.    

Woo hoo - I can use IPA packs that I have had for nearly 10 years!  Awesome!

Congrats on 10 years and I couldn't agree more.  This is the BEST.  GAME.  EVER.
Important and very relevant clip on You Tube to mark the occassion
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X06HoBb2e0
Classic Quarter
(www.classicquarter.com)
Important and very relative clip on You Tube to mark the occassion
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X06HoBb2e0

Tongue Out

Let Wotc know that Standard Pauper needs in game support! WoTc does listen! HERE

BETA BOARDS Moderator

Want to know about the next Magic Online Player Run Events? Then click the link and check it out!

How to apply for beta

Hooray for ten years! :D
Lee Sharpe Data Analyst Wizards of the Coast
So I'm 55 lifetime MOPR points short of receiving a 10th anniversary unhinged basic land reward. Nice as that would be I am too idle to try and grind it out at this late stage. Happy anniversary mtgo Cool
So I'm 55 lifetime MOPR points short of receiving a 10th anniversary unhinged basic land reward. Nice as that would be I am too idle to try and grind it out at this late stage. Happy anniversary mtgo Cool

Spend 55 bucks on tickets in the store.

Guess what? Chicken butt.

Never saw that movie. Now I have to.
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.

Spend 55 bucks on tickets in the store.

If it comes to that Unhinged lands are at most $8.05 at a popular bot chain. My mtgo spend is very modest, and the last 50 tix I bought was more than 6 months ago.
Wait how do you know your lifetime points? I have Not gotten the email yet this week? Did they not all go out at once?
Calavera on MTGO I collect Zendikar Foil Basic lands. Trade me yours! Things that I want to see changed on MTGO: 1: 64 man drafts added to rotation of Events. 2: Visual/Audible Notification of disconnect, deckbuild/afk time expiring and round starts. 3: Prize Payouts as close to draft sets as possible. 4: Rotate Classic draft queues monthly! 5: MOCS level events for Classic/Pauper 6: Power 9! 7: Award Promo Cards for Constructed PEs (esp for Legacy/Classic) 8: Program Split option back in! 9: Set Favorite version in deck editor (i.e. always use x swamp) 10: Better sorting of gold cards in deck editor. 11: Bring leagues Back!
Newsletters went out today (I just got mine) at 10:30 AM PDT. 
The problem is if you have multiple accounts on the same email, you dont get the right personal summary and there's no way to fix it at this point. And thats the only way to find out.
18,000 lifetime... Should I buy 7000 tickets do I can double my rewards???
Calavera on MTGO I collect Zendikar Foil Basic lands. Trade me yours! Things that I want to see changed on MTGO: 1: 64 man drafts added to rotation of Events. 2: Visual/Audible Notification of disconnect, deckbuild/afk time expiring and round starts. 3: Prize Payouts as close to draft sets as possible. 4: Rotate Classic draft queues monthly! 5: MOCS level events for Classic/Pauper 6: Power 9! 7: Award Promo Cards for Constructed PEs (esp for Legacy/Classic) 8: Program Split option back in! 9: Set Favorite version in deck editor (i.e. always use x swamp) 10: Better sorting of gold cards in deck editor. 11: Bring leagues Back!
I got mine today, looks like the totals have been fixed.

I have multiple accounts. The one I care about doesn't share an email address with the others, so I always get the "right" personal summary. I'm pretty sure that you can change your account's email address.

Yes.

Yes.

Throw in a set of the power nine and I would be very tempted ;) 
I have a similar "problem" to someone earlier in this thread... I have 5 accounts (one for drafting, one for constructed, one to keep my spare cards, one for trading and which has most of my bot credits stored).

Can I change the associated email addresses in client, so that I can get summaries of each one to a different address?

Or do I need to contact customer service to do this?

Thanks!
I have a similar "problem" to someone earlier in this thread... I have 5 accounts (one for drafting, one for constructed, one to keep my spare cards, one for trading and which has most of my bot credits stored).

Can I change the associated email addresses in client, so that I can get summaries of each one to a different address?

Or do I need to contact customer service to do this?

Thanks!

You should be able to change the associated emails from within the client.

Guess what? Chicken butt.

Date Created: 06/26/2009
Lifetime Activity (MOPR): 2067

Comin' up on 3 years online! Woo hoo! For that, I get a very cool land! Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased as punch, not being sarcastic or smarmy. Much better than a Darksteel Relic, wouldn't you say?

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

Yea I can change the emails, but at this point its too late to help since the celebration will happen before the next round of emails go out.
For some reason, I stopped getting the emails last August, even though nothing changed. I just checked my spam and they haven't been going there. Oh well, as of August, I had 24,000+ points, so I suspect I'm over the max threshhold. I wonder what the foil Hymns are going to go for and just how many will be released. Anyone have any data on how many people have over 25,000 points?
For some reason, I stopped getting the emails last August, even though nothing changed. I just checked my spam and they haven't been going there. Oh well, as of August, I had 24,000+ points, so I suspect I'm over the max threshhold. I wonder what the foil Hymns are going to go for and just how many will be released. Anyone have any data on how many people have over 25,000 points?

I also stopped receiving emails - any reason that might be?

Comin' up on 3 years online! Woo hoo! For that, I get a very cool land! Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased as punch, not being sarcastic or smarmy. Much better than a Darksteel Relic, wouldn't you say?

I'm somewhat amazed to realise I've been here over 5 years Surprised I really thought it was just 2 or 3!

Date Created: 04/30/2007
Lifetime Activity (MOPR): 549
Lifetime Boosters Won: 4

I guess I'm the sort they're trying to discourage based on those stats :o)

I remember a certain  group of  Wotc peeps getting signed  Darksteel Relic, around this time last year.

Blip,  I see your point but it is after all a VERY cool land.

BETA BOARDS Moderator

How to apply for beta

I remember a certain  group of  Wotc peeps getting signed  Darksteel Relic, around this time last year.

Blip,  I see your point but it is after all a VERY cool land.

Ummm... you're arguing that I am being sarcastic or smarmy? Huh.

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.