Please PEACH: Fighter - Cleave/Deft Hurler/Divine Bolts

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi,
could you guys PEACH this, and give suggestions and/or see if there is something wrong:

Show

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Cleaver-bolter, level 12
Half-Elf, Fighter (Weaponmaster)
Fighter Option: Combat Superiority
Fighter Talents Option: Arena Training
Arena Training Option: Arena Training (Drow long knife)
Half-Elf Power Selection Option: Dilettante

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 19, CON 14, DEX 15, INT 13, WIS 19, CHA 9

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 11, DEX 14, INT 12, WIS 14, CHA 8

AC: 30 Fort: 25 Ref: 23 Will: 23
HP: 95 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 23

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +12, Heal +16, Intimidate +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +6, Arcana +7, Athletics +8, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +10, History +7, Insight +12, Nature +10, Perception +10, Religion +7, Stealth +6, Streetwise +5, Thievery +6

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Fighter Attack: Combat Challenge
Avenger Feature: Oath of Enmity
Invoker Attack 1: Divine Bolts
Fighter Attack 1: Cleave

FEATS
Level 1: Hero of Faith
Level 2: Power of Skill
Level 4: Deft Hurler Style
Level 6: Devout Protector Expertise
Level 8: Mark of Storm
Level 11: Versatile Master
Level 11: Hindering Shield
Level 12: Heavy Blade Opportunity

ITEMS
Bradaman's Drow long knife +3 x1
Bloodiron Scale Armor +3 x1
Shield of Silver-Light Heavy Shield x1
Deep-Pocket Cloak +3 x1
====== End ======

Basics
Show

Ok, so I take the Arena Training to pick up drow long knife (heavy blade, heavy thrown)

H-Elf for Divine bolts

Go STR, Wis, and dex HBO

Take Hero of Faith MC - get avenger OOE 1/enc, divine class, holy symbol usage

Power of skill needs (Corellon god) and divine. Make divine bolts a BASIC attack...

(I will read it in the most constrictive way, and assume they only said basic attack because not all skills listed under power of skill are ranged. So divine bolts = RBA, and not just BA.  Overwhelming Strike, Righteous Brand, Valiant Strike = MBA)

Deft Hurler style - the whole point to this.

Devout protector expertise is +1 one-handed melee and +1 implement w/ holy symbol in one feat

2 feats open at 8,10

Versatile master for the divine bolts at-will

hindering shield - was retrained - slow on push/pull/slide w/ shield

HBO

I took power of storm so that my divine bolts (which have lightning keyword slide1 -> hindering shield slow em.)

I can also take power of arcana = divine bolts is arcane attack as well as divine, and +1 to hit untyped with arcane attacks UENT

then start with some white lotus feat.

Combat

Show

Bradaman's weapon can be used as a holy symbol implement by divine characters for divine powers.

Combat = cleave 1 guy in melee with heavy blade drow long knife. If hit, pops DHS, sub divine bolts for RBA, throw my heavy thrown drow long knife which can be used as an implement by me for this attack. Hit 2 more targets and slide1 slow em. Mark all 3?

Now, crazynesssss

If I get attacked by melee, I get attacked.

If marked melee enemy shifts/attacks ally, I get to CC -> melee basic attack. (This is why I assumed divine bolts is RBA, and not just a BA, otherwise, I pop him(maybe 2nd target also)) So, not too spectacular. This also means that a marked enemy at range triggers my CC if it shifts or attacks ally, but I have nothing I can do to him. If Divine Bolts were to be just a BA, then I could pop the marked enemy at range. I only get 1 interrupt anyway.

If enemy moves etc, I get OA, HBO subs cleave, and if I hit, I DHS, and DB 2 more enemies.

+18 1d6+7 vs AC cleave,
+15 1d6+7 vs Ref, 2 targets Divine Bolts.

I could just take grappling spirits (seeker) for my RBA, save power of skill feat, hindering shield feat (grappling spirits slows and prevents shifting) but it targets AC. It is also a ranged weapon attack, so no need for Bradaman's, which frees up the weapon to be whatever.

I could take biting swarm (seeker). Target and each enemy adjacent to it take a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the start of your next turn. Stacking with marking the target, -4 to attack allies, and -2 to me. I don't think I mark the adjacent enemies. Do I???

Suggestions? Improvements? Legal? Can anyone answer the questions in bold?

Thanks,
Lathaen
FYI: You can't apply two "Power of" feats to the same power at the same time.
^That. Also you don't need to throw the DLK when using it with an Implement power. And, more to the point, it doesn't even need the heavy or light thrown property. So you can go with a Longsword (d8 instead of d6) and a better fighter talent option.
TY,
I did not know that after I sub in divine bolts that I no longer have to use a heavy thrown. Good to know
Sign In to post comments