06/12/2012 Serious Fun: "Marvelous Freaking Drake-o-dactyls"

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I enjoy the fact that the guy is wearing a shell codpiece, a butt cape, and shoulder pads, while holding a coral heart.
That EDH deck looks fun. Might be susceptible to wrath and tuck effects though. Not to mention Norn screws this deck big time. I look forward to making one in the future.
You know, as long as we are looking at non-standard formats, I can't help but wonder why there is no abuse of buyback in the posted deck.
It seems to me that cramming a few extra buyback spells into this deck could do little but increase the wackiness and eye-rolling around the table as you quickly pump out large numbers of little drakes, which if I'm not wrong, would be the primary intent of this deck anyway. ^^

Talrand as commander could be fun.  Seems like he should have flying though.  He can make others fly, but not himself?

Since it's EDH fun effects might be Echo Mage, MirariEye of the Storm, Knowledge Pool, Spellweaver Volute(you can copy other graveyards) and Isochron Scepter.

And of course there's the big one: Mind's Desire 
Talrand: Because Snapcaster Mage wasn't broken enough.

Seriously, I think this guy is BONKERS with Snappy and when you through Delver in the mix this s**t gets real. 
Unfortunately, Civilized Scholar is not legal for this deck. Hopefully they correct the deck list.

56866188 wrote:
I knew the attempt to "make the game simpler and more [accessible] to new players" would get forgotten and it sure didn't take long. Gary Adkison
What plane do you guys think Talrand is from / set in? I'd love it to be Zendikar and would even consider it plausible from the look of the guy, if I didn't remember that the Zendikar body-update to Merfolk got standard sometime after, right? I mean, proper legs and air-breathing...

Join the Zendikar D&D Campaign Setting group: discover the fantastic world and contribute to make Zendikar a playable setting!
   - Warning! Spectacular visuals and lore ahead! ... Take a look...
Play-by-Post and my D&D blogging!

*All my latest rolls!*

Campaigns and Characters:
Zendikar: Covenant of The Forgotten Relics
- Cylonea: Merfolk (Elemental Priest) Shaman(World Speaker)/Artificer --> Sheet, Obsidian Portal's, Fluff
- Vurokk Dahvre: Shade (Escaped Slave) Blackguard of Fury --> Sheet, Obsidian Portal's, Fluff, Blogs (1, 2)
Nature's Allies
- Carwyn Sihderfein: Half-Elf (Tuathan) Blackguard of Domination / Binder of Gloom --> Sheet, Fluff, Blogs (1, 2)

What plane do you guys think Talrand is from / set in? I'd love it to be Zendikar and would even consider it plausible from the look of the guy, if I didn't remember that the Zendikar body-update to Merfolk got standard sometime after, right? I mean, proper legs and air-breathing...

Shandalar, according to the flavor text on Talrand's Invocation.