06/12/2012 ReConstructed: "Zero to Sixty: Single Card Strategies"

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Last time gavin previewed, he gave us a small recomendation:

"I recommend a lot of cheaper creatures and a few big spells." (not exact, but close)

Now we have no idea what to build. Gavin, if or when you read this, please tell us what we should be aiming for with our decks. Otherwise, you will end up with far less decks that work with the card than don't.

"I recommend a lot of cheaper creatures and a few big spells." (not exact, but close)

Now we have no idea what to build. Gavin, if or when you read this, please tell us what we should be aiming for with our decks. Otherwise, you will end up with far less decks that work with the card than don't.

Gonna go out on a ledge here and point out the the need for five colors is probably more narrow than the previous. The assumption with a five color deck is that you would be able to have access to all 5 relatively easily. You have to build the deck in a way that makes 5 colors worth it.

With that restriction I imagine most decks will fit the needs of the card(s) in question

Myths of Theros: Part 1, Part 2, Born of the Gods Myths

Beta Client, "Shiny", V4.0 tutorial

Momir Basic Primer

It looks like about half the cards in M13 are set in Ravnica. Are we getting an extra half Ravnica block on top of the upcoming one?
It looks like about half the cards in M13 are set in Ravnica. Are we getting an extra half Ravnica block on top of the upcoming one?

I think the idea is to use their flavor text to entice you for the block. Or they might just be previewing a disproportionate number of Ravnica cards. The yeva setup seems to me to be some pro-nature force (possibly aligned with the gruul) trying to force civilization back and reestablish nature's foothold(I would love this story).

and xger, I see what you meen, but I still would like gavin to help us out here a little.

I appreciate the concern - thanks for the feedback! So far I've been sent a wide variety of five color decks, which is actually useful for this particular challenge. Also, I can't give too much away on this one. I'll pay close attention to my inbox as the week continues, but I think things are looking okay for a decklist.
Okay Gavin, thanks for the responseSmile.

Sometimes, I get the feeling authors don't listen to our feedback. Thx for paying attention.

btw, phyrexian mana doesn't really count, does it?
Hmm...I already have a four-colour Standard deck. But that deck really doesn't benefit at all from adding the fifth colour, so perhaps I'll try something new.
blah blah metal lyrics
Hmm...I already have a four-colour Standard deck. But that deck really doesn't benefit at all from adding the fifth colour, so perhaps I'll try something new.

what does it DO?