Multiple instances of Exalted?

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
For Sublime Archangel, it states that if a creature has multiple instances of exalted, each resolves separatly. How does this work? If it grants a creature that already has exalted exalted, does it fizzle the extra? I am a little confused on this.
For Sublime Archangel, it states that if a creature has multiple instances of exalted, each resolves separatly. How does this work? If it grants a creature that already has exalted exalted, does it fizzle the extra? I am a little confused on this.

The creature will get +1/+1 for each instance of exalted.
Gotcha, thanks. So since it give all creatres exalted, would it be possible for them to have exalted; exalted? So let's say I have 3 creaturs on the field, one of them the Archangel and they all have exalted. If I attack with one of them would I attack for +5?

702.81a Exalted is a triggered ability. “Exalted” means “Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.”

So if you have Sublime Angel and two [C]Akrasan Squire[/C] in play, and one of the bears attacked, three triggers go off.

1. In the order you chose, place the folllowing on the stack:

• Sublime Angel's Exalted ability.

• Akrasan Squire 1's native Exalted ability.

• Akrasan Squire 1's granted Exalted ability.

• Akrasan Squire 2's native Exalted ability.

• Akrasan Squire 2's granted Exalted ability.

• Pass on priority.

• The fifth ability stacked resolves. The attacking soldier is now 2/2

• Pass on priority.

• The fourth ability stacked resolves. The attacking soldier is now 3/3

• Pass on priority.

• The  third ability stacked resolves. The attacking soldier is now 4/4

• Pass on priority.

• The second ability stacked resolves. The attacking soldier is now 5/5

• Pass on priority.

• The first ability stacked resolves. The attacking soldier is now 6/6

• Pass on priority.

• The opponent has a chance to do something after the solider attacked when it's still 1/1 [2]. He also has a chance to do something when it's 2/2 [4], 3/3 [6], etc.

one of them the Archangel and they all have exalted.

By the way, you didn't say how the Sublime Archangel itself is gaining exalted.
    Oops, I thought I checked for that in the card text.
    No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.
    one of them the Archangel and they all have exalted.

By the way, you didn't say how the Sublime Archangel itself is gaining exalted.

It starts with it.
    Flying, exalted

Other creatures you control have exalted.

Gotcha, thanks. So since it give all creatres exalted, would it be possible for them to have exalted; exalted? So let's say I have 3 creaturs on the field, one of them the Archangel and they all have exalted. If I attack with one of them would I attack for +5?

yes. I'll adjust my example.

She has the exalted ability herself and another ability that grants it to other creatures . The other two creatures, let's say akrasian squires, both have the exalted ability already and then she grants it to each other creature (the two squires).

Basically I am asking if since exalted abilities are counted as separate instances, will each squire gain an extra instance of exalted given by the archangel? So if either of the three attack by itself, there will be 5 exalted abilities on the field that will trigger (one from archangel, one from each squire and one given to each squire from the archangel's other ability).

*I am not sure to how to post the card images on here so sorry for the inconvenience.
    Ah you beat my post. Thanks everyone.
    Ah you beat my post. Thanks everyone.

One last question. So now I have finest hour on the field and it allows me to two combat phases if I attack alone with a creature. Since exalted grants the +1/+1 until end of turn, the second time I attack, would the exalted from the first combat step carry over to the second combat step since the turn is not over yet?

If I attack with the same creature, it will gain the effect of exalted abilities on the field if I am not mistaken. Just wanted to double check.
    Ok just a related question,

If I have Sublime Archangel in play and lets say Akrasan Squire, then I attack with my Hero of Bladehold, so as far as my Hero of Bladehold was the only atacker declared, the exalted abilities trigger, even when I have two others attackers, that what I understand from the oracle:

Some effects put creatures onto the battlefield attacking. Since those creatures were never declared as attackers, they're ignored by exalted abilities. They won't cause exalted abilities to trigger. If any exalted abilities have already triggered (because exactly one creature was declared as an attacker), those abilities will resolve as normal even though there may now be multiple attackers.

But as long as I control both things, may I put the tokens, gain the exalted due to Sublime Archangel, and then give the bonus to my Hero of Bladehold?

Any other idea to broke this card?
    One last question. So now I have finest hour on the field and it allows me to two combat phases if I attack alone with a creature. Since exalted grants the +1/+1 until end of turn, the second time I attack, would the exalted from the first combat step [sic] carry over to the second combat step [sic] since the turn is not over yet?

If I attack with the same creature, it will gain the effect of exalted abilities on the field if I am not mistaken. Just wanted to double check.

611.2a A continuous effect generated by the resolution of a spell or ability lasts as long as stated by the spell or ability creating it (such as "until end of turn"). If no duration is stated, it lasts until the end of the game.

702.81. Exalted

702.81a Exalted is a triggered ability. "Exalted" means "Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn."

The effect of exalted does not end early if there is a second combat phase, even if the same creature attacks alone again.  Also, exalted triggers whenever a creature you control attacks alone, even if it already attacked alone earlier in the same match/game/turn/whatever.
    Ok just a related question,

If I have Sublime Archangel in play and lets say Akrasan Squire, then I attack with my Hero of Bladehold, so as far as my Hero of Bladehold was the only atacker declared, the exalted abilities trigger, even when I have two others attackers, that what I understand from the oracle:

Some effects put creatures onto the battlefield attacking. Since those creatures were never declared as attackers, they're ignored by exalted abilities. They won't cause exalted abilities to trigger. If any exalted abilities have already triggered (because exactly one creature was declared as an attacker), those abilities will resolve as normal even though there may now be multiple attackers.

The ability has already triggered; it does not "untrigger" or end early if a couple other creatures are put on the battlefield attacking.
    But as long as I control both things, may I put the tokens, gain the exalted due to Sublime Archangel, and then give the bonus to my Hero of Bladehold?

The tokens have exalted due to Sublime Archangel, but the time for that ability to trigger has already passed before the tokens exist.  An ability can't trigger "retrospectively".
    No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.
    One last question. So now I have finest hour on the field and it allows me to two combat phases if I attack alone with a creature. Since exalted grants the +1/+1 until end of turn, the second time I attack, would the exalted from the first combat step carry over to the second combat step since the turn is not over yet?

All correct. The creature will gain all Exalting bonuses in addition to the previous ones.

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)

If you control Hero of Bladehold and Sublime Archangel, and Hero of Bladehold attacks alone, four abilities will trigger: Hero of Bladehold's two abilities, exalted from Sublime Archangel, and exalted from Hero of Bladehold.

When those abilities resolve, Hero of Bladehold will get +2/+2, you will put two tokens onto the battlefield, and they will get +1/+0. Those tokens will have exalted, but at that point, it will be to late for exalted to trigger for that combat.
    Exalted is pretty easy. If you have creatures with exalted, when a creature you control attacks alone, it gets +1/+1 for each instance of exalted among creature you control.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
    Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
    Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Hi all,
    I've read something isn't so clear:

She’s Not a Legend
    Sublime Archangel is not a legendary creature so you can have multiples of her on the battlefield. Exalted abilities stack so having two or more Sublime Archangels on the board adds up damage really fast.
    Here’s the reminder text on the card:
    If a creature has multiple instances of exalted, each triggers separately.

Therefore, creatures can definitely have multiple exalted abilities. Let’s look at some examples to see how this works.
    If you have two Archangels on the board, they both gain an additional exalted ability. Whenever you attack with just one of them, she grows to an 8/7 creature.

Is it right? Is it like if she has Exalted, Exalted? I think it's wrong. I think it gets +1/+1 for each creature with exalted.
    So my question in the end: two Sublime Archangel on battelfield, one attacks. she get's +1/+1 or +4/+4? 
    +4/+4
    proud member of the 2011 community team
    Sublime Archangel has Exalted in its own right, plus an ability that grants Exalted to every creature you control except itself. One Sublime Archangel obviously won't grant a second instance of Exalted to itself, but two will grant it to each other. In total, they'll grant +4/+4 from a combined four instances of Exalted.

What makes you think it would only be +1/+1? +2/+2 I could sort of see, but I don't know how it's possible to read the above discussion and still think only one Exalted trigger would happen here. As the text you quote points out, the card explicitly states that multiple instances of Exalted all trigger separately. Moreover, even if it didn't say this right on the card, the above discussion goes over the fact that Exalted stacks, and some implications of this, in great detail. What, if any, specific point do you disagree with or find confusing?
    Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
    Because for instance i inteded the assegnation of +1/+1. Nowhere above there was such an example and, naivaly, thougth it was like Life-Link.
    back when Lifelink was a triggered ability it stacked as well ;)
    proud member of the 2011 community team
    Because for instance i inteded the assegnation of +1/+1. Nowhere above there was such an example and, naivaly, thougth it was like Life-Link.

I don't quite follow your first sentence, but there were several examples with more than one creature with Exalted. I can certainly understand confusion about how Sublime Archangel's ability to grant Exalted would affect other Sublime Archangels (for the record, "other" means "other than this specific object", not "other than creatures named Sublime Archangel"). But I would have thought it would at least be clear that the two normal instances of Exalted involved here would stack.
    Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011