New articles, new cards, etc

86 posts / 0 new
Last post
So the preview week has started and here are the links to the new articles:

www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

The newest piece of information seems to be the new 'encounter' mode.  Unless I've got my wires crossed these are an additional set of challenges and do not replace the classic challenges, which I love.  I wonder how these will play out.  The deck is stacked but I'm curious as to whether we get to see a preview or some sort of clue as to the sequence of forthcoming cards at the start of the encounter or whether it's just a case of trial and error.  The AI is fairly predictable anyway so I'm not seeing much of a difference.  Could be fun but sounds like filler.

That angel looks very strong.  I wonder if the deck it's in will have any way to protect it as removal just found a new target. 

The newest piece of information seems to be the new 'encounter' mode.  Unless I've got my wires crossed these are an additional set of challenges and do not replace the classic challenges, which I love.  I wonder how these will play out.  The deck is stacked but I'm curious as to whether we get to see a preview or some sort of clue as to the sequence of forthcoming cards at the start of the encounter or whether it's just a case of trial and error.  The AI is fairly predictable anyway so I'm not seeing much of a difference.  Could be fun but sounds like filler.

That angel looks very strong.  I wonder if the deck it's in will have any way to protect it as removal just found a new target. 

What is it with you people and posting every thing a 4th and 5th time instead of taking one second to look into the deck-threads or the future set speculation? Tongue Out (You, True_Beliver and hydramarine here - hydra was the first...the same thing with the videos - wingspatt posted them and true beliver copy pasted them in his own thread)

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

What is it with you people and posting every thing a 4th and 5th time instead of taking one second to look into the deck-threads or the future set speculation? (You, True_Beliver and hydramarine here - hydra was the first...the same thing with the videos - wingspatt posted them and true beliver copy pasted them in his own thread)

@Bereas Dude these articles are brand new as of today. I doubt they've been posted anywhere else. Also, I'm response to everyone that whines about double posting, if I haven't checked the forums for a week and there are 22 pages in a thread chances are I'm not going to read all of them. Some people can't be on here 24/7.

What is it with you people and posting every thing a 4th and 5th time instead of taking one second to look into the deck-threads or the future set speculation? (You, True_Beliver and hydramarine here - hydra was the first...the same thing with the videos - wingspatt posted them and true beliver copy pasted them in his own thread)

@Bereas Dude these articles are brand new as of today. I doubt they've been posted anywhere else. Also, I'm response to everyone that whines about double posting, if I haven't checked the forums for a week and there are 22 pages in a thread chances are I'm not going to read all of them. Some people can't be on here 24/7.

These articles are two clicks aways on this very same website. And the cards were already posted 2 times before. That took me exactly 5 mins to find out. Dont know why you would need 168 hours for that. But you may already know that seeing that you are somebody who's first action in the morning it is to check these forums.

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

I don't know, does it really cause that much harm. I found both links good reads and got them from this thread, not wherever else they live. :::shrug:::
ok well since they are doing the legends i found one card that im 98% sure she will be in the elf deck 

Yeva, Nature's Herald
2GG

Legendary Creature - Elf ShamanRare
Flash
You may cast green creature cards as though they had flash.
when will weget full cardlists fro the dotpw 2013 decks? ;(
when will weget full cardlists fro the dotpw 2013 decks? ;(

I believe that would be next week.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

I believe we get full decklists on the 18th. 2 days before release Surprised
Wish someone leaked the preview version. Perhaps its .wad file has everything included already (but locked in the actual game).
We are getting 1 full decklist starting next monday so we are gonna know just 2 decklist before the game releases for PS3 this tuesday 19 !-.-

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

It will probably be the one we already know anyway :D

Where did you get that info? 
It will probably be the one we already know anyway :D

Where did you get that info? 

In one of the arcanas? gonna look for the link

We are getting 1 full decklist starting next monday so we are gonna know just 2 decklist before the game releases for PS3 this tuesday 19 !-.-

Well, actually... No. Next monday's arcana will reveal all the decklists and unlocks.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Well, actually... No. Next monday's arcana will reveal all the decklists and unlocks.

That's good to know, i really wanna know more about the mill and goblin decks.

Wait, which one is the mill deck? Now I'm kinda excited. So we have aggro, stall, mill, burn and lifegain so far. This already sounds like more variety than 2012 had with double the amount of decks.
Wait, which one is the mill deck? Now I'm kinda excited. So we have aggro, stall, mill, burn and lifegain so far. This already sounds like more variety than 2012 with double the amount of decks.

Jace's blue deck. Yeah, we are getting quite a few playstyles this time around, and it only gets better with larger unlock pools to help us customize them even more.
Awesome, the two blue decks are the ones I've been looking forward to the most anyway. Now I can't wait so see a full list. I'm a huge fan of alternative win conditions, especially after the aggro overload over the past year.
Hey guys I'm making an Encounters video tonight. They're actually pretty cool challenges. Well, the first one sucks, but the rest are rather interesting.

WiNGSPANTT is the 4th best commentator on YouTube and editor in chief of Top Tier Tactics.

Awesome....Hurry!
There's gotta be something we aren't being told yet...

Maybe we will have this in dotp? (3 mana of any color into mana pool)

Also all our creature green cards getting flash is also super nice. Looks like this game is gonna be really good.
Really happy about Yeva not being another elf lord, but supporting all green creatures. Her deck might not be another simple elf deck, but something more interesting. On the other hand only green creatures are supported, so if the card is in her deck it wouldn't make too many sense to have a second colour to unlock, which a lot of us are hoping for. Hmm, thinking more about it a splash for non-creature spells might still be happening...
Just saw this in the linked article.

"Yeva is a 4/4 (although in Duels she will actually be a 4/5 until the first patch"
So Yeva will be a bit stronger than we thought, if she wasn't strong enough already.
Patch confirmed. Yay.
There's gotta be something we aren't being told yet...

Maybe we will have this in dotp? (3 mana of any color into mana pool)

Also all our creature green cards getting flash is also super nice. Looks like this game is gonna be really good.

I really hope we see a werewolf deck in the first expansion that was a killer one at the end of the article.
Patch confirmed. Yay.

I wouldn't bet my bottom dollar. Just because something isn't going to be fixed until it's patched doesn't mean this patch will ever happen. It's like saying "the problem will exist until it's fixed".
I think there will be one patch early in the games life, if anything thats when the majority of money is known thats made right?
Dont DLC (expansions) come with patches pre-loaded onto them? A patch could just mean the first expansion that we usually get, plus i suppose DOTP is a good way to test the balance of cards.
Dont DLC (expansions) come with patches pre-loaded onto them? A patch could just mean the first expansion that we usually get, plus i suppose DOTP is a good way to test the balance of cards.

If I recall correctly, yeah they do. They can change some stuff in the first DLC we get like the P/T fixes, bug fixes, etc. Btw right now I see so many less opportunity for annoying stuff to happen due to priority passing correctly and end steps, manual tapping/mono colored decks, etc.

Having 30 unlocks where the cards actually matter is amazing. Better then having 60 unlocks with useless stuff in it imo, like Rotting Legion or Dusk Imp in Dark Heavens. Wouldn't you much rather have 2 more Darklit Gargoyle's, or 2 more Doomed Traveler in its place? I certainly would. I don't see any of this in the full decklist in Garruk's new deck with the unlocks we know of (most of them) so I hope they do the same in all 10 decks.

So far the 5 unlocks confirmed in each of the 4 decks are all useful in some way, no throwaways. (maybe 1, I may have forgotten, for those people who think im being literal xP)
I might not see patches until DLC.  Remember Dotp 12 before patch?  Being able to see each other's deck?  That was BRUTAL.    
Just saw this in the linked article.

"Yeva is a 4/4 (although in Duels she will actually be a 4/5 until the first patch"
So Yeva will be a bit stronger than we thought, if she wasn't strong enough already.

I saw that too, and it's just stupid to me that they would release the game like that. "We know Yeva in the game is wrong, but we're not going to fix it before the release, we'll release the game with an error in it." Even if you were going to knowingly put out a game with an error like this, why would you announce that you know the error is there?

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Cuz thats how stainless rolls! Laughing
I appreciate that they admit the mistake right away. I suppose it's easier to fix a toughness number than to write a message about it, so the delay must be due to MS and Sonys restrictions. Still, it's kinda embarassing how this could pass playtesting. Do the testers not know the cardgame? I mean every experienced player would've spotted the mistake right away I guess.
lets just hope there's not a dozen other cards with incorrect attributes.
I appreciat that they admit the mistake right away. I suppose it's easier to fix a toughness number than to write a message about it, so the delay must be due to MS and Sonys restrictions. Still, it's kinda embarassing how this could pass playtesting. Do the testers not know the cardgame? I mean every experienced player would've spotted the mistake right away I guess.

Those cards could have been those stats during their actual set card testing and underwent a last minute stats change after Duels 2013 was pretty much finished.
I appreciat that they admit the mistake right away. I suppose it's easier to fix a toughness number than to write a message about it, so the delay must be due to MS and Sonys restrictions. Still, it's kinda embarassing how this could pass playtesting. Do the testers not know the cardgame? I mean every experienced player would've spotted the mistake right away I guess.

Chances are, the changes to Yeva and Chandra's phoenix (no not that one!) were made after the game had already gone gold and was in verification. If that was the case, then Stainless couldn't make alterations to the core game at that point. However, they'd have time to create a fix for it so that it wouldn't be an issue for very long.
Those cards could have been those stats during their actual set card testing and underwent a last minute stats change after Duels 2013 was pretty much finished.

That's what I assume to be the reason for them not fixing it right away, but how this could've happened is beyond me. It either slipped through playtesting or the number was changed thereafter. However, if that's the case, why would they make a last minute change that's complete nonsense? Did somebody's cat walk over the keyboard?
I was talking about the testing for the actual physical cards. R&D testing sometimes involves them changing cards literally at the last minute before going to print. As Sevus said, these cards were probably both tested at these stats and included into Duels 2013. When they changed for whatever reason, it was probably after Duels 2013 went gold and a verification process putting it out of Stainless' touch for the moment. Maybe we can see a day 1 patch to fix the issue, but who knows.
If +0/+1 on one creature is the only mistake we find within the first week, I dont think a patch is warrented until the first DLC, we should at least see how it impacts the game as a whole first. The deck itself may be one of those decks we rarely see anyways.
If +0/+1 on one creature is the only mistake we find within the first week

Haha, good one :D
new to this but curious if there has been any leaks for jaces deck in magic 2013?
Sign In to post comments