A&A Minis late war set list

54 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anybody have the set list (even a rough draft) of Axis and allies set XI Late war?
Heres what I've heard:
 USA (many units)
M4A3E2 Jumbo Sherman 
Pershing (reprint) 
M8 scott (not certain)
Yugoslavia (2 units)
Yugoslav T-34-85
Yugoslav M5 stuart 
Britain(many Units)
Enfield No. 4 Riflemen (not certain)
Soviet Union (many Units)
SU-100 
Canada (1-4 Units)
 Unknown
France (2-5 Units)
Unknown 
AXIS
Croatia (1 or 2 units)
Croatian MG team (Not certain)
Germany (Many Units)
Tiger of some sort
Sturmtiger (not certain)
V2 Rocket (Not certain
Japan (many Units)
Type 1 ho-ha half track
Hungary (1 Unit)
Some SMG
Romania (Uncertain)
Expert AT Grenadier
Romanian Sturmpanzer IV

If anybody else has more Info please tell me!!!

We also can all be certain that A&A late war will have lots of Artillery and aircraft, not to mention assault guns. Should be a good set. Bad news is that Romania may or may not be in late war.
Well we have gotten lots on news over the last few days which is promising. Croatia, suprisingly will not make the cut for late war, and to potentially replace them is Romania, which if they get in they will have probably two units, but still might not make it. Sorry I heald back on the canadian sexton assault gun, but I decided to wait until it is comfirmed. It is in. As assumed before, the only yugoslavian units will be reprints and now, potentially the yugoslav partisan infantry. Poland may make it now, but will have few units. As I assumed before, the German Maus tank needs a miracle to make late war. Now as before we can assume the "big five" will come up big, and "especially GE, JP, and SU. Here is the updated list:
Poland (1-3 units)

Polish AT riflemen (uncertain)
 USA (many units)
M4A3E2 Jumbo Sherman
 Pershing (reprint)
M8 scott (not certain)
Yugoslavia (2 or 3 units)
Yugoslav T-34-85
Yugoslav M5 stuart 
Yugoslav partisan (uncertain)
Britain(many Units)
Enfield No. 4 Riflemen 
Soviet Union (many Units, will be biggest allied country)
SU-100
Canada (1-4 Units) 
Sexton assault gun 
France (2-5 Units)
Unknown
AXIS 
Germany (Many Units)
Tiger of some sort
Sturmtiger (not certain)
V2 Rocket (Not certain
Japan (many Units)
Type 1 ho-ha half track
Hungary (1 Unit)
Some SMG 
Romania (2-4 units, still uncertain)
Expert AT Grenadier
Romanian Sturmpanzer IV
Romanian mountain troop 

Let me know if you have more info!!!!!!
Your going to have to let us in on your secret because as of a few days ago WotC is quoted to be working on A20 set 2. Generally M2A0 released this info on the forums not membership of the forums. So whats up?
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
Late war is still in the works though, it just may not be released for a while or never, I'm just hopeful and putting ou the info. that is either guaranteed or will most likely make the cut. Yes, I know they are making another set for A20, but that doesn't mean late war doesn't still have a chance to be released yet this year. I will be able to tell you that hopefully sometime in July because a nearby store orders magazines from WOTC that has info. on what will be released in the next 6 months. (they do 2 a year) I wont be able to have it but I can ask them if it is on there. (Yes I will post that info) If it is going to come out to the stores, it will be available Q3 or Q4 of 2012, and maybe Q1 of 2013. After that I assume they will cancel the set, and it will be history like "Italy and the Balkans." There is the fact that, Wotc has a Avalon hill usually works on 2 or 3 things at once. In 2007 and 2008 alone, the first two war at sea sets were released, two a&a board games were released, and A&A M 1939-1945, NA, and EF were also put on store shelves.
WotC had an opportunity to make some statement on future sets but simply mentioned the A20 set 2 plans and timeline. But reciently they choose to say nothing in regards to a "Late war" AAM set. Now you tell us there is a magazine that is giving us info on the games future. There are way more units on your list than M2A0 has told us about. How much of your list is speculation and how much is fact or info from your source? In the entire history of AAM (Ive been in since set1) there has never been a information link out of WotC except what was planned and useally delivered by M2A0.

The set would already have to of begun manufacture to be released in 2012 considering the lag time between developement and delivery to wholesalers. Further once a set is firm the first thing that would happen is for the "good news" to be delivered to the forums in order for the word to get out. Beyond product catologes the forums (Forumini is really what I mean) are WotC's frontline communication preference.

I appreciate your information but I want to know how much is known and how much is speculation on your part to generate conversation.

Ober

@M2A0 - The guys on the Forumini and the Underground would really like some iota of comfirmation on this exciting information that Jake has given us. Even a cryptic responce would be welcome.Laughing
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
All the info I have I have found from other posts of people who know what is in the set. 80% of this list is guaranteed info. Everybody is focusing on M2AO, but there are more. What their names are and where they are I did not keep track of. I do also get extra info, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to help you get this info like I have because I can't. Now about going to the A&A underground area, I doubt I will do. I am not a complete preacher because you know how life gets in the way. If they want to see my posts they can come here. The only false info on here would probably the romanians because I obviously still don't know if they will make it, but if Romania is in late war, there is a HUGE chance that the expert AT grenadier and the mountain troop will make it. The sturmpanzer IV was maybe a bit far fetched, and the only reason I put that there is because it's the most likely romanians. The only other far fetched unit is the M8 scott, but the rest of the list will most likely have a chance to be in one of yours or my boosters for late war.
Look truly there is not much to the list, I stand by this info and know that this info is extremely accurate. The entire purpose was to get hopes up, including mine, in spite of the accuracy. I'm glad you've enjoyed it.
Well thanks for the info and we will be happy to hear anymore you come across. Sorry if you thought there was a request to come to the underground and post. I assure you there was no intent to do so.

Ober
No im not upset at all, I just dont have time for two forums, with my allready busy life. Plus they can access my posts through the internet a TON faster than me creating another account which takes FOREVER. Ill let you know if it comes out Q3/Q4 of this year when I find out in July.Smile

JAKE
Well here is the news. Romania will most likely be in LW, but will not recieve an IAR 80, despite the fact that the set will be aircraft heavy. Japan will recieve a Japanese sniper in the set. Hungary's SMG is the Danuvia 43m SMG. In the set, despite rumor of a canadian Hero unit, there will be no hero units in LW. The Germans will moat likely recieve a Panther tank, most likely the ausf G variant. We can also assume that both jets will be in LW. Here is the updated list.

Poland (1-3 units)
Polish AT riflemen
USA  (many units)
M4A3E2 Jumbo sherman
M26 Pershing reprint
M8 scott (almost certain)
UK (many units)
 Gloster Meteor
Enfield No. 4 riflemen
 Soviet Union (many units)
SU-100
Yugoslavia (2 or 3 units)
  Yugoslav M3 stuart
Yugoslav T-34-85
Yugoslav Partisan
Canada (1-4 units)
Sexton assault gun
France (2-5 units)
Unknown
AXIS
Germany (many units)

Tiger or king tiger of some sort
Sturmtiger (uncertain)
V2 Rocket (uncertain)
Me 262 (reprint)
Panther ausf G (reprint)
Hungary (1 unit)
Danuvia SMG
Japan (many units)
Japanese sniper
type 1 ho-ha half track
Romania (2-4 units)
Romanian sturmpanzer IV
Expert AT grenadier
Romanian mountain infantry

If you have more info please tell me!!!!
Wow that was quick! You have scooped us basicly half of the new units in the next set. Amazing!
Yeah. Unfortunately I doubt I will be able to make posts as often as I have lately, very little news lately. I will make a post tomarrow of possible reprints though. Hey late war is a set of 50, right? (or is it 60)
Allright, I comprised  list of the most possible reprints to be seen in late war that have not been comfirmed yet. Most of these have been mentioned as "having a chance" so here they are:
  15. Luftwaffe Infantry (GE)
14. Panzer IV ausf H (GE)
13. Entrenched ATG (CA)
12. Centurion heavy tank (UK)
11. Type 3 chi-nu (JP)
 10. BM 13 Katyusha rocket launcher (SU)
9. 47mm type 1 ATG (JP)
8. Marine riflemen (US)
7. Hetzer (GE)
6. Pak 40 ATG (GE)
5. 17 pounder ATG (UK)
 4. ISU-122 (SU)
  3. Panzercheck (GE)
2. Soviet Polish Infantry (SU)
1. Free French Infantrymen (FR)
Most of these have been mentioned as "having a chance" so here they are:

Mentioned where?

Some posts on late war I found mentioned these reprints, but they said they were unsure wether or nor it will make LW. The people who posted them were either people on forums who heard it or people who work for Wotc and have inside info. The other 50% is basically assumed.
Hey ober, you said the guys from the underground wanted to see the posts, could you give them the link to this forum? that would be great
I wont be able to post another version of the set list for a while until I get at least five bits of new info. (I only got 1) so I decided to make a list of late war units I would like to see and might have a chance. On my list are all new units, if they are on the set list they are not here, and no reprints.
Poland 
granatrick wz. 36 grenade launcher
polish resistance
Polish MG team
Polish T-34-85
USA 
Elite M3 medium tank
B29 flying fortress
Marine paratrooper
UK
Centaur assault gun
Spitfire Mk. II
Royal Partisan
USSR
 KV-1 veteran
ISU-152
BM-31 katyusha
Soviet-polish commander 
Expert Mosin-Nagant
Canada
M10 Achilles
Canadian grenadier
France
French resistance commander
expert mas riflemen
Char b-1 ter tank
AXIS
Germany
Panzerfaust 60
Sturmpanzer V
Panzer III ausf N
Wulfgranate
MP40 SMG
Panzerwerfer 42
Japan
Mitsubishi A7M zero
Type 100 flamethrower
Imperial grenadier
Romania
Orita SMG 
 Wz36 GL Polish.jpgGranatrick wz. 36 grenade launcher
 Centaur IV Tank.jpg
Centaur assault gun
 Bundesarchiv Bild 183-H28150, Deutsche Soldaten mit Panzerfäusten.jpg
Panzerfaust 60

Panzerwerfer 42
Type 100 flamethrower
What would you like to see in Late war?

Hey ober, you said the guys from the underground wanted to see the posts, could you give them the link to this forum? that would be great

I said what? Where? I think you are refering to my aside to M2A0 where I asked him to verify your information.

Give the Underground a Link to what?
Nevermind

I know its been a while since I have made another set list for late war, but I will tell you that I have five bits of info and hopefully I get more, and I will post version 4 of my setlist saturday, June 23rd. I have some exciting units to add to my list, in that two of which are comfirmed for late war, the other has not been comfirmed but has been mentioned that it is going through the process of possibly making late war, and almost made the cut for other sets, so it will probably land a spot in late war. Im sorry that I have not posted in a while, but there has not been much news lately on set XI.
Allright, I now have five bits of new info on late war that will be included in my version 4 of my partial set list. I will post it sometime tomarrow, June 23rd.
Alright, I lied. Im getting kinda bored so here are updates for late war. The americans will recieve an artillery unit of some sort, it wont be an ATG, because it will have the bombardment ability. The soviets will recieve another AA gun, the AA gun that will make it is still being decided, but apparently it will be a reprint of the bofors in contested skies. On the axis side, Germany will recieve a wermacht captain, and Japan will recieve a Japanese sapper, and now the sniper that japan was going to have, may on may not make it due to the sapper coming in. Also, I know I mentioned Croatia wont make it, but apparently they still might, and will most likely only have one or two units, but most likely only one, a MG team will make late war if croatia makes late war, even though I think a croatian messershmitt bf 109 would be nice, but so would a croatian MG team. here is what I now have so far:
 ALLIES
Poland (1-3 units)
Polish AT riflemen
USA  (many units)
M4A3E2 Jumbo sherman
M26 Pershing reprint
M8 scott (almost certain)
Heavy artillery of some sort 
UK (many units)
Gloster Meteor
Enfield No. 4 riflemen
Soviet Union (many units)
SU-100
AA gun of some sort
Yugoslavia (2 or 3 units)
  Yugoslav M3 stuart
Yugoslav T-34-85
Yugoslav Partisan
Canada (1-4 units)
Sexton assault gun
France (2-5 units)
Unknown
AXIS 
 Croatia (1 or 2 units, still may not even make late war)
Croatian MG team
Germany (many units)
Tiger or king tiger of some sort
Sturmtiger (uncertain)
V2 Rocket (uncertain)
Me 262 (reprint)
Panther ausf G (reprint)
Wermacht captain
Hungary (1 unit)
Danuvia SMG (uncertain) 
Japan (many units)
Japanese sniper (uncertain)
type 1 ho-ha half track
Japanese sapper
Romania (2-4 units)
Romanian sturmpanzer IV
Expert AT grenadier
Romanian mountain infantry
Well, as said before, late war won't happen. With a sad heart, I also must say that there obviously wont be a V5 set list. zi guess we can only keep hoping.
Well, because I won't ba able to make a V5, I will just for fun take V4, add the list of the top 15 most possible reprints, and then that would take the list up to 42, then I will take 15 from my list of 30 to put on that list of pieces that I wanted to see that were from the late war era, and then add 3 more units to make it a complete set of 60, instead of 50, just for fun
I will post that tomarrow, July 5th. Happy 4th of July!!!Cool
Here is my huge list. 
ALLIES
Poland
Polish AT riflemen
Polish MG team
USA
M4A3E2 Jumbo sherman
M26 Pershing
M8 scott
Heavy artillery
Marine Riflemen
P-47 Thunderbolt
UK
Gloster Meteor
Enfield No. 4 riflemen
Centurion Heavy tank
17 pounder ATG
Royal Partisan
Spitfire Mk II
Soviet Union
SU-100
85 mm AA gun
KV-1 Commander
BM-31 Katyusha Rocket launcher
BM-13 Katyusha Rocket Launcher
ISU-122
Soviet Polish Infantry
Mosin Nagant Model 1944 Riflemen
Yugoslavia
Yugoslav T-34/85
Yugoslav M3 stuart
Yugoslav partisan Infantry
Canada
Sexton assault gun
Entrenched ATG
Canadian Grenadier
France
Free French Infantrymen
Expert Mas riflemen
AXIS
Croatia
Croatian MG team
Croatian Messeshmitt bf 109
Germany
Tiger commander
Sturmtiger
V2 Rocket launcher  
Me 262
Panther ausf G
Wermacht Captain
Sturmpanzer V
Panzerwerfer 42
MP 40 SMG
Wulfgranate
Panzerfaust 60
Luftwaffe Infantry
Panzer IV ausf H
Hetzer
Pak 40 ATG
Panzercheck
 Hungary
Danuvia SMG
Japan
Type 1 ho-ha half track
Japanese sniper
Japanese sapper
Type 3 chi-nu
47mm type 1 ATG
Mitsubishi A7M zero
Type 100 flamethrower
Romania
Romanian Sturmpanzer IV
expert AT grenadier
Romanian Mountain Infantry
Orita-41 SMG
Yikes! That's like the entire set! How many do you think are "for sure" in the set?

It looks like a pretty good set all round though! :D 
I could say that IF late war is released, I could just about gaurantee all of those. Now that set I made was not made to be accurate, even though it is very, that was made more for fun. If you are looking for an accurate list, scroll above to V 4. (It has 27 units) All those units are either A) Guaranteed or B) 90% guaranteed. If you go to page like 2 or 3 there is two lists, one with a top 15 list of most likely reprints, another is units I would like to see, even though many of those had a huge chance. The one above is all those combined, so it had plenty of accuracy, but unlike Version 4, accuracy was not the primary objective. Glad you enjoyed itSmile
Well all as I can say if we get all this loot I will be a mighty happy camper.
Won't we all......
I think A&A could really use some APC's, the Canadian Ram Kangaroo is certainly a fun vehicle. Most APC's were used during the end of the war as well, making it perfect for a possible "late war" set. Some APC's that I would like to see:
Bergepanther mg 7814.jpgBergepanther (GE)
347 produced from 1943-45, used on mainly the european front
LVT3-amp11.JPGLVT-3 Bushmaster (US)
 2,964 made in 1944-45, used in the pacific theatre and saw some action in the european front

Terrapin Amphibious Vehicle.jpgTerrapin(mk. 2) (UK/CA)
roughly 200 produced from 1943-44
Iwo Jima amtracs crop LVTA4.jpgLVT(A)-4 "alligator" (US)
1,890 produced from 1944-45, used only on the pacific front
Lorraine 37L.jpgLoraine 37L (FR)
630 made from pre war-1945, used in europe
I also think A&A late war could use some flamethrowers such as:
ROKS-1 (SU)
Ronson (CA)
Type 100 (JP)
L6/40 lf (IT)
And some more aircraft would be nice...
IAR 80 (RO)
IAR 81 (RO)
PZL P.11 (PO)
Romanian PZL P.11 (RO)
Canadian hawker Typhoon (CA)
Re.2001 (IT)
Spitfire mk II (UK)
 Il-2 Sturmovik (SU)
Hawker hurricane (UK)
Republic p-47 thunderbolt (US)
Well we can pretty much assume late war will have plenty of armor, so lets make a list of possible armor units that could be included(I'm also including ATG's and anti tank personnel)
POLAND
Polish T-34/85
YUGOSLAVIA
Yugo T-34/85
yugo M3 stuart
USA
M4A3R2 zippo sherman
Elite M2 medium
M8 scott
M26 Pershing
LVT(A)-3 bushmaster
LVT(A)-4 alligator
M2 90mm ATG
SOVIET UNION
ISU-152
IS-1
SU-100
Guards KV-1
UK
Centaur IV assault gun
M5 Stuart
Terrapin mk II
Centurion
CANADA
M5 Sherman 
Grizzly I
M10 Achilles 
Sexton assault gun
Canadian Terrapin mk II
FRANCE
Char b-1 ter
Char 2c
Loraine 37L
AC 47 ATG
AC 37 ATG
Axis
CROATIA
Cant think of any
GERMANY
Sturmtiger
Tiger commander
Panzer IV ausf H
SS Panther ausf G
another 88
Hetzer
Panzerfaust 60
Bergepanther
ROMANIA
T-4 medium tank
Tacam R-2
Tacam T-60
Resita ATG
T-3 medium tank
T-3 assault medium tank
Romanain sturmpanzer IV
expert AT grenadier
JAPAN
Vickers type 40 ATG
Ho-ni type 1 SPG

Possible MG teams for late war:
ZB 53 M1937 MG team(RO)
Croatian MG team
Polish MG team
Lewis MG team(CA)
.50 cal MG team(US)
DShK MG team(SU)
British lewis MG team
Polish Chauchat MG Team
American lewis MG team
Romanian Chauchat MG team
Soviet Chauchat MG team
FM 24/29 MG team(FR)
German FM 24/29 MG team
Italian FM 24/29 MG team
VMG 27 MG team (GE)
MAC 1934 MG team (FR)
SG-43 MG team (SU)
MG 131(GE)
Pics for the Heavy machine guns:

ZB 53 M1937 MG(Romanian)

Lewis MG(Canadian)

DShK MG(Soviet)

MG 131 LMG(German)

M2 Browning .50 cal MG(American)
Countries that should be in A&A
ALLIES
Egypt
Norway 
AXIS
Libya
Thailand
Bulgaria

Norwegian MG team 1940 in Narvik, Norway(Narvik is in northern Norway)
This topic really belongs in general discussion. Back in the day there was no discussion tollerated in this section except questions directed at WotC Huscarl. I'm not sure if it really matters except you might get a responce in General discussion as there isn't much traffic here anymore.
Until i stop pouring in views it stays here... I appreciate your opinion but i haven't had the best of luck over there because there are so many forums. Right now i have a monopoly, i get 35 views a day here, and its only 3.5 months old
Well then, fill your boots. I hope you and your 35 friends have fun.
You do relize that i dont spend much time here... I kept this forum alive just for fun and wanted to see how many views i could get(personally I thought i would only get to 400) I don't go here often; just to see the numbers dial up, and i only comment when i see an inaccurate point made or when i disagree or agree with something unlike you this isn't much of a hobby for me... It was a fun ride but unfortunately A&A's ride is over, which is a shame. Just to watch angels 20 tank cuz the game has too much competition and really sucks. This could sadly very well be my last post, I thank everyone for looking at my posts and enjoying them and I love all the fans who like me have come to love this game so much. It's a sad ending to a game so superior and greater than any other game. I am wondering what to do with A&A dying and the players dwindleing. Its a pity.

Thanks to all of you loyal viewers out there, this thread has gone far ahead of all my expectations and I hope you enjoyed it. Despite Wizard's awful decision to cancel A&A minis and the pity it has been, I still have all of you out there, and I hope you found this as spectacular as I did This thread in the 3 months of its existance have piled 1500 views, 940 above expectations. Thanks! -JakeAlmighty

Polish 10TP tank
You do relize that i dont spend much time here... I kept this forum alive just for fun

Are you serious Gabe? You still haven't generated any discussion yet you single handedly have kept the forum alive. You still don't get it!