Clarification - Battle Song Expertise

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I apologize if this isn't in the proper forum, but this is my first time posting.

I'm curious about whether or not "Battle Song Expertise" & "War Wizard's Expertise" are supposed to stack. A bard I created using a Bard's Songblade in the Character creator seems to stack them on melee attacks, but not on implement attacks. Even if I remove War Wizard's Expertise Battle Song Expertise still only affects my melee attacks & doesn't give me an implement bonus at all even though the wording of the feat references implement attacks specifically.

Is this a glitch in the character creator where it's not detecting the Songblade as an implement or is there something I'm missing & it's calculating this properly?

Thanks 
The attack bonuses from Battle Song Expertise and War Wizard's Expertise do not stack because they're both feat bonuses.  However, the secondary benefits can both work at the same time.

If the Character Builder is not adding the Battle Song Expertise bonus to implement attacks with a songblade, it's probably a bug. The Character Builder has many such issues.
Thanks for the clarification, just one thing I still don't understand. How come they attack bonuses stack on melee attacks in the builder? If I look at non-implement attacks the bonuses stack when I have both feats & gives me double the effect on chance to hit. Is this a bug too or does the feat bonus wording on these two work differently for melee based attacks than for implement attacks? Just want to make sure I'm not exploiting anything when I build my character.
The feat bonuses to attack rolls should NEVER stack.  If the builder is allowing them to stack (i.e. both be applied to the same attack at the same time), it is a bug with the builder.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Note; feat bonus (only one) power bonus (only one) and untyped bonus (as many as you can get) - very important to note which type.

eg feat
Nimble Blade

Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Dex 15
Benefit: When you attack with a light blade and you have combat advantage, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls.

although this comes from a feat it is a untyped bonus (because it does NOT say +1 feat bonus to attack rolls)  

Sorry to be-labor a point. 

If the Character Builder is not adding the Battle Song Expertise bonus to implement attacks with a songblade, it's probably a bug. The Character Builder has many such issues.

Yup, it's a bug. I have contacted Customer Support some time ago, and they agreed that it's a bug and said that it will be looked into.

Has this bug been resolved? Or is it still active in CB?

This is an old thread, but I'm seeing the bug with this feat as well.

My 6th level bard should be at +5 (CHA) +3 (1/2 level) +2 (weapon enhancement) +1 (this feat) = +11 for Implement attacks, but it's only giving me +10. It does show up on Weapon attacks, where I am seeing +14 (including the additional +3 for longsword proficiency). If I switch the feat out for Implement Expertise or something it shows the correct +11 value, but adding to the forced movement makes Battle Song Expertise strictly better for bards.

The builder is broken.

Write the correct bonus in with a pencil.

Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.

Gerrard-s_Mom wrote:

This is an old thread, but I'm seeing the bug with this feat as well.

My 6th level bard should be at +5 (CHA) +3 (1/2 level) +2 (weapon enhancement) +1 (this feat) = +11 for Implement attacks, but it's only giving me +10. It does show up on Weapon attacks, where I am seeing +14 (including the additional +3 for longsword proficiency). If I switch the feat out for Implement Expertise or something it shows the correct +11 value, but adding to the forced movement makes Battle Song Expertise strictly better for bards.

Just add a custom feat that is implement expertise and that will solve your problem.  Yes the builder is broken for BSE, but not much you can do about it.

Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Sign In to post comments