06/11/2012 Feature: "Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this weeks's Feature Article, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Sounds as lousy as previous versions... :/

Pass.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

It's a a little unfair that PS3 gets Vampire Nocturnus, and the other two versions get trash mythics. 
I've only played the first Duels, and I was wondering how deck construction works in this latest version.  When you unlock cards for a deck, can you remove existing cards in the deck?  Or can you only add cards, as was the case in the first version?
Anybody know if PSN lets you purchase things online? I don't actually have a PS3, but I'd be willing to drop $10 for just the shiny Nocturnus if I can do so without actually needing to play the game.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Wow, way to screw people on Xbox and PC/iPad, Wizards, and give one of the best Mythics (alternate art, too!) to some and not others just because of what platform they play your game on. I say that everyone should get all three! That's fair. :D

well, hopefully this will drive down V. Nocturnus' price. 
Wow, way to screw people on Xbox and PC/iPad, Wizards, and give one of the best Mythics (alternate art, too!) to some and not others just because of what platform they play your game on.

*shrug* That's the nature of the beast. They want to give out different promos because it may inspire some people to buy multiple versions of the game for different platforms. And as soon as you give out things that aren't exactly the same, there's bound to be some better than others. Honestly, I wouldn't mind having any of them.

And I wouldn't complain too much with regards to the 360, since they got the original game first and arguably the best promo in each of the past two games (Garruk Wildspeaker vs. Liliana Vess and Nissa Revane; Grave Titan vs. Inferno Titan and Frost Titan)
Sign In to post comments