I'm playing a pixie! What class should I be?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm currently in a group composed of a warlock, seeker, ranger, bard, and a psion. I've decided to play a pixie, but can't seem too choose a class for the little bugger. I'm not asking for builds or character designs, just some ideas as to what class I should pick, and why. Thanks all!
I'm currently in a group composed of a warlock, seeker, ranger, bard, and a psion. I've decided to play a pixie, but can't seem too choose a class for the little bugger. I'm not asking for builds or character designs, just some ideas as to what class I should pick, and why. Thanks all!

Any.

Seriously, think of a concept.  Are you going to be Tinkerbell, giving allies the ability to fly and maybe distract your enemy by flying in their faces?   Are you going to be a more bloodthirsty sort of pixie?

If you wanted optimal, then go for the classes whose primary stats are in line with the pixie's bonus to stats.  But otherwise, sky's the limit

Take it from someone whose favorite characters include a Half-Elf Fighter, a Dwarven Wizard, a Gnome Fighter PMC Wizard, a stealthy Minotaur Rogue (INT type), and a Halfling Knight (only the last two weren't played by me :p ).
Show

You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what you create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

57047238 wrote:
If you're crossing the street and see a city bus barreling straight toward you with 'GIVE ME YOUR WALLET!' painted across its windshield, you probably won't be reaching for your wallet.
I Don't Always Play Strikers...But When I Do, I Prefer Vampire Stay Thirsty, My Friends
This is what I believe is the spirit of D&D 4E, and my deal breaker for D&D Next: equal opportunities, with distinct specializations, in areas where conflict happens the most often, without having to worry about heavy micromanagement or system mastery. What I hope to be my most useful contributions to the D&D Community: DM Idea: Collaborative Mapping, Classless 4E (homebrew system, that hopefully helps in D&D Next development), Gamma World 7E random character generator (by yours truly), and the Concept of Perfect Imbalance (for D&D Next and other TRPGs in development) Pre-3E D&D should be recognized for what they were: simulation wargames where people could tell stories with The Best Answer to "Why 4E?" Fun vs. Engaging
Ranged Beast Master Ranged with a Raptor pet you ride.

Beast form Druid with your form being something small that flies and is vicious, like a flying squirrel.

Monk. Just cuz.
I played a Pixie Brawling Fighter.

Wrestled a Brown bear and won. Good times.
I'm trying to go for fun *and* optimal. Sticking with classes that are in line with pixie stat bonuses would be best, but no critcal. I'd like to pick something that allows interesting roleplaying situations in addition to good combat ability.
Vampire.

Pixie Vampire

People will think you're just some kind of oversized mosquito.

During the day you sleep in your tiny little coffin that your party members have to carry around.  Of course, if you irritate them, they'll just put rocks on top of it to keep you from getting out.
Pixies are good for a whole bunch of things:

Rogue, thief, wizard, warlock (fey pact in particular), monk, fighter (pixie brawler MC monk for master of the fist.  Fly up to people, grab them by their nostrils and start punching them in the eyes with what, at paragon when you take Shock Trooper as your PP, will amount to a fullblade), warlord (lazy), Executioner, druid, ranged ranger (though weapon choice screws you a bit here) etc etc etc.  There are not that many classes which Pixies are truly bad at.

Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
An update: it seems we've lost our bard, so we're currently leaderless. I'll have to fill that slot, so the question becomes: what leader class should my pixie take?
Be a warlord. stand on someone's head and bellow orders to your subordinates *ahem* allies.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Pain is a sensation. Sensations are to be enjoyed. I am in ecstasy.

It depends on what you want to play, if you are looking for possible effectiveness then here:

Possible Optimization:

Controller

• Psion

• Warlock (Binder)

• Wizard (Mage) [Enchanter]

• Leader

• Bard

• Bard (Skald)

Striker

• Assassin

• Assassin (Executioner)

• Assassin

• Rogue

• Vampire

• Warlock (Hexblade)

If it was me I’d go Paladin, Paladin (Cavalier), Swordmage, or Paladin (Blackguard)

An update: it seems we've lost our bard, so we're currently leaderless. I'll have to fill that slot, so the question becomes: what leader class should my pixie take?

Pixie Lazylord is best Lazylord.

That being said, Pixie Artificer works nicely, Pixie Bard works nicely.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Your party is missing a leader and a defender.  So I would go with either a healing focused chaladin or a leader of some sort. 

Bard is the obvious choice for a leader, but a melee cleric, warlord, artificer, or shaman (probably eagle) could all work.  I would lean towards valorous bard or eagle shaman since the party lacks a defender so your allies will be taking some hits, but the shaman's spirit could negate that some and won't mind starting with a 16 wisdom if you pick lazy powers.  Eagle shamans help with classes with RBAs and you have a bunch of classes that normally have RBAs.
Can you hybrid?
You've brought back some funny and upsetting memories.

had a friend who played a pixie rogue.  He played it mischievous with a streak of nasty.  At first it was a lot of fun watching this little pixie trying to do damage with his two 1d2 daggers.  But in the end, he pissed off every party member we eventually "captured" him in a sealable glass vase (think of catching fireflies as a kid) only problem was we "forgot" to put air holes in it Surprised.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Are you really "entitled to your opinion"?
RedSiegfried wrote:
The cool thing is, you don't even NEED a reason to say yes.  Just stop looking for a reason to say no.
Definately Pixie Warlord. If you want a leader. The whole "balanced party" thing is a myth. Pixie Fey Warlock has good potential for fun, and the Rogue is another excellent choice.

Really, just have fun.
Sign In to post comments