NEED ADVICE

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey there! Welcome to Magic and the forum boards!

First off, autocarding is a must!

Tangle mantis becomes tangle mantis by bracketing the card name by using the following:
[c*]cardname[/c*] but remove the *

You have a good amount of lands for a startin point, so that's good!

I see you have basically a green beatdown deck-totally a great place to start, from beginners to experts.

For a good start, having playsets of key cards is important, it helps your consistency (your % chance of drawing said card)

Watch your mana curve-if you have too many high cost spells, you will be slow and top heavy, and you won't win much.

If we can get some steering on how you want this to play out, it will be easier to give advice (you want a quick, fast deck with cheap creatures, or perhaps ramp up into the big beefy beaters green has in droves!)
-oh! Ramp, If you don't know, is using spells like rampant growth and creatures like llanowar elves to develop mana quickly in order to cast big cards much sooner than merely dropping a land every turn.

Hope this helps a bit! Let us know what you want to do and we will get crackin!

One last thing, I assume this is built from cards you have. I encourage you to explore the Gatherer (a website that has every magic card ever printed) for cards that help your theme, whatever that may be, and build a deck list that you envision to be the best fit for you. Don't just limit it to cards you own. By building your perfect deck, it gives you something to work for, and an idea of what cards to collect (cuz lets face it, this is a hobby that does require at least a minor cash output!)

Cheers!

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/12.jpg)

Hey there! Welcome to Magic and the forum boards!

First off, autocarding is a must!

Tangle mantis becomes tangle mantis by bracketing the card name by using the following:
[c*]cardname[/c*] but remove the *

You have a good amount of lands for a startin point, so that's good!

I see you have basically a green beatdown deck-totally a great place to start, from beginners to experts.

For a good start, having playsets of key cards is important, it helps your consistency (your % chance of drawing said card)

Watch your mana curve-if you have too many high cost spells, you will be slow and top heavy, and you won't win much.

If we can get some steering on how you want this to play out, it will be easier to give advice (you want a quick, fast deck with cheap creatures, or perhaps ramp up into the big beefy beaters green has in droves!)
-oh! Ramp, If you don't know, is using spells like rampant growth and creatures like llanowar elves to develop mana quickly in order to cast big cards much sooner than merely dropping a land every turn.

Hope this helps a bit! Let us know what you want to do and we will get crackin!

One last thing, I assume this is built from cards you have. I encourage you to explore the Gatherer (a website that has every magic card ever printed) for cards that help your theme, whatever that may be, and build a deck list that you envision to be the best fit for you. Don't just limit it to cards you own. By building your perfect deck, it gives you something to work for, and an idea of what cards to collect (cuz lets face it, this is a hobby that does require at least a minor cash output!)

Cheers!

thanx man
This guy is expensive, but try Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
I would also recomend putting in at least 4 Rampant Growths , and try to get in a few Llanowar Elves for an extra mana boost.
Personally, anything dealing with artifacts like Acid Web Spider, I'd put in my sideboard.
I suspect the faces come from putting a colon next to a left parentheses.

Personally, I am not a fan of vanilla creatures like Runeclaw Bear, even when said creature's power is greater than its converted mana cost (cmc), like Vorstclaw.  I'm not a fan because these types of creatures can be blocked easily and regularly.  With that in mind, work on replacing your vanillas with creatures that have evasion or enter the battlefied (ETB) effects.

It appears the deck is mostly Standard-legal.  If that is the intent, drop the lone Overgrown Battlement (which only works well with playsets and other walls) for a Llanowar Elves.  Same mana boost, but you can swing with it.

Cheers!

A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
You also have nothing worth proliferating, so I would take out Plaguemaw Beast and also take out Pistus Strike, that can easily be replaced with Eaten by Spiders
Sign In to post comments