Korgul, Half-Orc Mercenary.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Korgul, level 1
Half-Orc, Rogue
Build: Cutthroat Rogue
Rogue Tactics: Brutal Scoundrel
Rogue: Rogue Weapon Talent
Background: Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)
Theme: Mercenary

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 12, Dex 18, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 12, Dex 16, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10.

AC: 16 Fort: 14 Reflex: 16 Will: 11
HP: 30 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Stealth +9, Thievery +9, Acrobatics +9, Streetwise +5, Perception +6, Intimidate +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana -1, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +3, Heal +1, History -1, Insight +1, Nature +1, Religion -1, Athletics +4

FEATS
Level 1: Backstabber

POWERS
Rogue at-will 1: Piercing Strike
Rogue at-will 1: Riposte Strike
Rogue encounter 1: Dazing Strike
Rogue daily 1: Handspring Assault

ITEMS
Short sword, Dagger, Leather Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Gambler's gear, Thieves' Tools

BACKROUND

Siren's Harbor, the largest trading port off the north west coast of the Weald; beneath the ancient city of Greyguard is were Korgul's life began. He was born an unwanted by-product of one of the many **** houses scattered through out the dock district. Left to fend for himself at a very early age, Korgul was forced to beg, steal, and fight to survive on a daily basis. He quickly realized, due to his Orc heritage; that he was stronger, faster and meaner then most of the other children who plagued the district like rats. Before long they came to fear and respect Korgul, and in turn, he used this to his advantage to get what he wanted.

As his reputation grew, Korgul drew the attention of the Crimson Blade, a thieves guild always on the lookout for fresh recruits. With the proposition of food, shelter, and protection from the city watch, Korgul quickly accepted the offer. First serving as a lookout, and theif; then as he grew older and more formidable, he was set to more violent tasks.

When war broke out between the northern clans, and the neighboring cities of the Weald, Korgal was sent to fight with the Storm Crows, a well known Mercenary Outfit, with strong connections to the Crimson blade and to organized crime through out the Weldlands. In time of war, the Storm Crows call upon the guilds to bolster their ranks.

The bloody war lasted 4 years, with constant skirmishes fought over the northern border. It finally ended when a Dragonborn hoast arrived from the east to aid their western allies. Together they succeded in pushing the Northlanders back into their mountain range.

Korgul returned to find things had changed within the Crimson Blade. There had been a shift in power, and Korgul soon realized that the new Commander had a deep seated hatred for Half-Orcs. One night in their cups, the Commander made mock of Korgul one too many times. Korguls fury exploded, as tables and chairs were sent flying, he charged toward the dias where the commander sat. Two of the guardsmen rose to protect the commander but were not prepared for the savagery that befell them. With the guards dying on the floor, Korgul grabbed the commanders by the throat and drove his shortsword deep into his bowels, opening him from groin to sternum, spilling his entrails upon the floor. Splattered in blood, his body heaving from adrenaline, Korgul turned to face the room. For a moment time stood still and no one so muched as blinked, staring wide eyed at Korgul trying to digest what had just transpired. The commanders brother finally broke the silence yelling "KILL HIM!". As the room lurched forward, hungry for his blood, Korgul upended the dead commanders table, buying him enought time to make for the back door.

Korgul narrowly escaped and found refuge for the night at the Filthy Maid. After spending the night with Hilde, his favorite redhaired ****, Korgul woke and went to the door opening it a crack to look out into the main room. Already word was spreading about the nights bloody buisness, and Korgul overheard talk of the bounty that had been placed on his head. He closed the door, took a farewell **** from Hilde, left two silver peices on her table, and left through the window, his cowl pulled up to conceal his face.

He swiftly made his way to the docks, only to find it swarming with Crimson Blade. He remembered there had been a large cog anchored out in the bay for the past forghtnight, but with the morning fog hanging low over the harbor he could not see it. At one of the smaller pier's at a quiet end of the docks Korgul found a small skiff tied off. He quickly hopped in and launched out into the harbor, dissappearing into the fog.

He came upon the cog a short time later and as luck would have it the crew was setting sail on the morning tide, loaded down with rum and spices and westbound for Midasland. For a modest price Korgul secured passage out of Siren's Harbor and into an uncertian future.

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 245 lbs.
Physical Description: Korgul has dark olive skin, a clean shaven head and face. He has the lean muscular physic of a hunting cat, with numerous scars on his body. His tusks jut out about two inches long, the left one broken off and replaced with a gold cap. He is rarely seen without his well marred iron breastplate worn over boiled leathers.

Let me know what you guys think. I am open to suggestions or changes.
Korgul, level 1
Half-Orc, Rogue
Build: Cutthroat Rogue
Rogue Tactics: Brutal Scoundrel
Rogue: Rogue Weapon Talent
Background: Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)
Theme: Mercenary

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 12, Dex 18, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 12, Dex 16, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10.

AC: 16 Fort: 14 Reflex: 16 Will: 11
HP: 30 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Stealth +9, Thievery +9, Acrobatics +9, Streetwise +5, Perception +6, Intimidate +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana -1, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +3, Heal +1, History -1, Insight +1, Nature +1, Religion -1, Athletics +4

FEATS
Level 1: Backstabber

POWERS
Rogue at-will 1: Piercing Strike
Rogue at-will 1: Riposte Strike
Rogue encounter 1: Dazing Strike
Rogue daily 1: Handspring Assault

ITEMS
Short sword, Dagger, Leather Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Gambler's gear, Thieves' Tools

BACKROUND

Siren's Harbor, the largest trading port off the north west coast of the Weald; beneath the ancient city of Greyguard is were Korgul's life began. He was born an unwanted by-product of one of the many **** houses scattered through out the dock district. Left to fend for himself at a very early age, Korgul was forced to beg, steal, and fight to survive on a daily basis. He quickly realized, due to his Orc heritage; that he was stronger, faster and meaner then most of the other children who plagued the district like rats. Before long they came to fear and respect Korgul, and in turn, he used this to his advantage to get what he wanted.

As his reputation grew, Korgul drew the attention of the Crimson Blade, a thieves guild always on the lookout for fresh recruits. With the proposition of food, shelter, and protection from the city watch, Korgul quickly accepted the offer. First serving as a lookout, and theif; then as he grew older and more formidable, he was set to more violent tasks.

When war broke out between the northern clans, and the neighboring cities of the Weald, Korgal was sent to fight with the Storm Crows, a well known Mercenary Outfit, with strong connections to the Crimson blade and to organized crime through out the Weldlands. In time of war, the Storm Crows call upon the guilds to bolster their ranks.

The bloody war lasted 4 years, with constant skirmishes fought over the northern border. It finally ended when a Dragonborn hoast arrived from the east to aid their western allies. Together they succeded in pushing the Northlanders back into their mountain range.

Korgul returned to find things had changed within the Crimson Blade. There had been a shift in power, and Korgul soon realized that the new Commander had a deep seated hatred for Half-Orcs. One night in their cups, the Commander made mock of Korgul one too many times. Korguls fury exploded, as tables and chairs were sent flying, he charged toward the dias where the commander sat. Two of the guardsmen rose to protect the commander but were not prepared for the savagery that befell them. With the guards dying on the floor, Korgul grabbed the commanders by the throat and drove his shortsword deep into his bowels, opening him from groin to sternum, spilling his entrails upon the floor. Splattered in blood, his body heaving from adrenaline, Korgul turned to face the room. For a moment time stood still and no one so muched as blinked, staring wide eyed at Korgul trying to digest what had just transpired. The commanders brother finally broke the silence yelling "KILL HIM!". As the room lurched forward, hungry for his blood, Korgul upended the dead commanders table, buying him enought time to make for the back door.

Korgul narrowly escaped and found refuge for the night at the Filthy Maid. After spending the night with Hilde, his favorite redhaired ****, Korgul woke and went to the door opening it a crack to look out into the main room. Already word was spreading about the nights bloody buisness, and Korgul overheard talk of the bounty that had been placed on his head. He closed the door, took a farewell **** from Hilde, left two silver peices on her table, and left through the window, his cowl pulled up to conceal his face.

He swiftly made his way to the docks, only to find it swarming with Crimson Blade. He remembered there had been a large cog anchored out in the bay for the past forghtnight, but with the morning fog hanging low over the harbor he could not see it. At one of the smaller pier's at a quiet end of the docks Korgul found a small skiff tied off. He quickly hopped in and launched out into the harbor, dissappearing into the fog.

He came upon the cog a short time later and as luck would have it the crew was setting sail on the morning tide, loaded down with rum and spices and westbound for Midasland. For a modest price Korgul secured passage out of Siren's Harbor and into an uncertian future.

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 245 lbs.
Physical Description: Korgul has dark olive skin, a clean shaven head and face. He has the lean muscular physic of a hunting cat, with numerous scars on his body. His tusks jut out about two inches long, the left one broken off and replaced with a gold cap. He is rarely seen without his well marred iron breastplate worn over boiled leathers.

Let me know what you guys think. I am open to suggestions or changes.

I reall like the backstory, is he already in a party, and if so, what is the party doing?
Thanks alot, I am glad you enjoyed it.

He is in a campainge that will have it's first adventure this Sunday. The party consists of a Goliath, Minator, Human and Halfling, and Korgul himself. The ship at the end of my backstory is where we all meet, and where the campainge begins.

The group seems like a good bunch of fellows. I look forward to getting started.
That artwork is pretty awesome too.
That artwork is pretty awesome too.

Thanks man, it's one of my favorites. The credit goes an artists on these forums who took a request from me and photoshopped it. I wish I could remember his name.

It really captures what I envision my character to look like.

The art was created by a forum member?

That's pretty cool.

WotC: give that guy/gal a job, will ya?
The art was created by a forum member?

That's pretty cool.

WotC: give that guy/gal a job, will ya?

Sorry I should have been more clear. The original art existed, he grafted a half-orc head from another peice onto it. I believe that is Artemis Entreri's body.
Sign In to post comments