Lacking a Charge Action

The charge action is not on the list of actions in this playtest.  This creates a problem in that an attacker would have to be twice as fast as someone using a hustle and a move to run away or they will never get in an attack. 

I suggest adding back in a charge action but bringing back a penalty for doing so.  I would let someone do a melee attack after a hustle as long as they hustled in a straight line towards the opponent.  The drawback would be them granting advantage until the start of their next turn.
You could use the same charging rule as Orcs: you spend an action to move up to your speed in a straight line and attack - but granting advantage until your next turn.

I'm leaving off the extra damage bit because that's the "Furious" part of their charge. Cool 
I hadn't read the orcs close enough (my PCs didn't get to them yet), but that sounds great!  On a side note...  isn't that what I proposed?
So it is!

So then...erm...let's say I was trying to show that there is precident in the playtest rules for what you proposed.

Yeah. That's the ticket. 
The charge action is not on the list of actions in this playtest.  This creates a problem in that an attacker would have to be twice as fast as someone using a hustle and a move to run away or they will never get in an attack. 

I suggest adding back in a charge action but bringing back a penalty for doing so.  I would let someone do a melee attack after a hustle as long as they hustled in a straight line towards the opponent.  The drawback would be them granting advantage until the start of their next turn.

The lack of a charge action does not mean you can't charge.  Your idea is perfectly fine, but I feel like there's no need to codify it.  In certain circumstances, for example, I think the disadvantage would be unnecessary, and in others, it should be more severe.  

Personally, if there was an actual chase, I'd stop normal combat and do something like opposed Str or Con rolls (depending on the length of the chase).  Or maybe a game of skill H-O-R-S-E: "I leap over the chasm--beat that DC!"

Or, well no, what I'd actually probably do is use the chase rules from Savage Worlds, since I love those so much--but the point is, there's lots of ways to do this, and I kind of would prefer them NOT to codify "Charge" as an action.  
Howdy folks,

I've moved this thread to the Playtest Packet Discussion forum where it is more on topic.

Thanks.  

All around helpful simian