Help me make a Badass Kobald

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
I basicly want a complete badass kobald of either Cleric or some kind of Fighter. If anyone has got an idea this would really help out.

You're looking for the Character Optimization forum further down the list.

And you'll need to be a hell of a lot more specific about exactly what you want your character to do.

Particularly, what role do you want to play in combat? A Leader (the cleric) plays a lot differently than a Defender (fighter)...

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Doesn't need to go to CharOp, really.  Maybe he wants some ideas why his kobold is a badass, hm?

Some ideas:

-[fighter] Dwarves murdered your clanhome.  Take up your heavy war pick and strike the earth on the path to revenge!

-[cleric] Tiamat thinks you're a wimp.  Take up the pick and go prove her wrong.

-Alternately, any combination of the above. Tongue Out 
-Ride the party dwarf like a warhorse. Riding crop not included.
-Chop off the hands of your enemies to pick your nose.
-Wield a normal size fullblade (cause really, who saddles small characters with those crappy limitation rules?)
-Repeatedly declare how you eat [insert name of enemies or type of enemies, or hell, even any-given-sort-of-troublesome-situation-really, here] for breakfast Try to avoid this when dealing with poo...
-Wear a tinker gnome on a chain as a necklace while he works on a clock (FLAVOR FLAAAAV!)

Of course, any one of these things might just make you look like a jerk or a tool to the rest of the party, but I'm pretty sure it's all sorts of awesome by Kobold standards XD
I remember reading about a kobold that could almost not be killed in 4e. Can't remember the build. 

Concisely: I want a system where players don't have to pick between mechanics and roleplaying. I hope 5E fails asap so a better system can be made asap.

( I can't believe what they did to the forums. The sterile lack or color is rather depressing. )

well, likewhat has been said before if this is about optimization it should be in the optimization forum which is directly above this one, however if you're looking for personality, well the kobold stereotype is already badass. Look at it this way, you come from a species that is physically weak and everyone around you, whether they come from above ground or below, wants you dead. Yet your species still exists because you're just that good. You know how to out think your opponents in ways that would make the joker blush, you're so organized and toughened to your current situation that your children can walk, talk and work within a couple hours of their birth and you serve dragons, which are pretty much gods to you. I suggest playing him like stoic badass who always has a plan, probably in the form of high insight and perception bonuses, and I'd probably also suggest having a theme or feat that links to your way of life such as an alchemist or trapsmith or warlord MC or hybrid to show how good you are at building things on the fly or stragising. then again it's also up to you to do what you want with him...or her....
I would not put it in optimization. This section is for development. Optimization is more for guides. Though working on your build in a guide discussion is good. And it can be done there. I mean I personally have posted stuff in development and got bothered by optimizers about how unoptimized my build was. He put his post here, let's just help him. 

Concisely: I want a system where players don't have to pick between mechanics and roleplaying. I hope 5E fails asap so a better system can be made asap.

( I can't believe what they did to the forums. The sterile lack or color is rather depressing. )

I would not put it in optimization. This section is for development. Optimization is more for guides. Though working on your build in a guide discussion is good. And it can be done there. I mean I personally have posted stuff in development and got bothered by optimizers about how unoptimized my build was. He put his post here, let's just help him. 

alright....don't know that much about optimization though....
What is a kobald?
What is a kobald?

Only the manliest race ever!!!!
What is a kobald?

by the way it's spelled kobold, can't really blame you cause the guy who started the thread spelled them wrong too and you're apparently a newbie. basicly they're these lizard men a little smaller than frodo from lord of the rings. They are basicly raised the same way as qunari from dragon age but to a more extreme manner considering that they put their children to work within hours of birth, and with a diffrent code of ethics that focus around trickery and loyalty to their clan. They also serve and worship dragons like they're gods and are relativly hated because of a stereotype caused by kobolds that worship evil dragons. If used right by a DM they can be down right scary.

Combine www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw with your character. 

Go monk, then be a badass Kobold.  Remember you are badass, that's important, always remember that. Then punch dragons in the face because you are badass. Get Iron Armbands of Might. Continue being badass. Never use a weapon, always be badass.

Kobold Battlemind = Badass
Heavy armor, tiny frame, big shield and oh yeah, you attack with your awesome constitution score, not strength like all those other surface dwelling lameheads. You are tough to the core and you got yourself there. No training at some fancy school, no following someone else's style, just you: and you rock! (I can imagine an over confident Kobold with a sarcastic steak pretty darn fun to role play.)

+1 for Kobold Monk

Also try a Kobold Bard if you are the talky type.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

What is a kobald?

A Kobold who has lost all his head-scales?
kobold+brawler fighter+monk unarmed stike MC(forget the name)+dreadnought= badass kobold viking
Ahem.
Kobold Indiana Jones.
IMAGE(http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7199/koboldjones.jpg)
You guys are all wrong.  You want a kobold swordmage.  Enough aoe to take out minions, marking abilities to piss off the dm.  And you will look the best.

I don't think that the scarf translates BA to me. It says "why doesn't he have a thunderbolt scar?" to me. 

I found a Kobold riding a bear as his ranger pet.

*cough*
Ranger = badassiest class out there
Kobold = badassiest race

Ranger + Kobold = Badassery ^ 2

That's like a million to the millionth power. It's frickin huge. Or in this case, frickin awesome.

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1223957875/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

I don't think that the scarf translates BA to me. It says "why doesn't he have a thunderbolt scar?" to me. 

I found a Kobold riding a bear as his ranger pet.

I....I am not worthy....

Oh yahhhhhhhhhhhhh Cool

Well, you could always go a guardian druid. I got one that quite litterally is as big of a threat to allies and enemies around him alike. Same with my swarm druid. (just with much mor focus on poison. and by a lot. I mean serpent form for an extra d6 of poison if it has it as a keyword originally, poison added if it didn't. Then added poison resistance for self via feats.) So you could be bad-ass by eating wild mushrooms, eating the bodies of zombies thanks to high constitution and poison resistance. And endurance training. 

Go into the blight beast paragon and add a new look. whats more bad-ass than a kobold that could turn into a beast with insects crawlong under loose skin, a corpse moving my muscle spasms brought on by the hives inside of it.  Intimidation training is there if you want it. You would have to add that background for yourself.

Before you know it, you are walking around eating a rotting leg of sorts and using the limb to attack things since you need more 'sauce'

Also be a cultist who revears Zehir because he likes you to kill things with poison and in his name. Sure you would get a poison buff with him. And try to use that as a means to slowly killing or interogating men and beast for information by sapping at their strength.

In the end.  your more disturbing, but you open up so many options that you could get away with. First, your a druid who could turn into whatever you want and curse at people without them knowing. Your god smiles on you. You could have a quest where you are the one who gets to befrend Yuan-ti to kill Nusanmi. (don't know how to spell her name. but god of redemtion and daughter of Zehir who wants to kill him. Well, collecting a few drops of the super potent venom would sure even the odds if you use it on her... Or you could treat it as something you must save more than that last piece of gold.

And to note. You could make your kobold as 'bad ass' looking and everything you want. But what you do with him is what actually does that.

If cleric, go into the whoopass cleric and bash things brains out with a morning star to heal allies the strength vs ac way. Or get a staff and call it your whoopass stick that does more than beat loose flamingos like in King of the Hill. 

Oh yahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kobold Sorcerer.... use ray of enfeeblement until your enemy begs mercy.
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.

Oh yahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kobold Sorcerer.... use ray of enfeeblement until your enemy begs mercy.

Hard to do when it's an encounter power.

And assuming you're talking 3e, they don't stack with themselves, so doing it more than once isn't likely to help.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Ahem.
Kobold Indiana Jones.

nice
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.
Kobolds naturally are sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeky.
(SSSSHHHH! Big Baddie Sleeping!)
Want some real fun? Play a Kobold Barbarian. Why?

DM: You see a kobold with a small, crude axe walking up to you. He says, "Me gunna keel you!"
Player: I laugh. It's a kobold.
DM: The kobold's axe happens to be a +6 Vorpal Axe (3.5e style!) 
*sound of rolling dice*
DM: Critical Hit! You lose your
head.
 What now? Who just wet their pants at that thought. A PC beheaded by a Kobold.
Kobolds naturally are sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeky.
(SSSSHHHH! Big Baddie Sleeping!)
Want some real fun? Play a Kobold Barbarian. Why?

DM: You see a kobold with a small, crude axe walking up to you. He says, "Me gunna keel you!"
Player: I laugh. It's a kobold.
DM: The kobold's axe happens to be a +6 Vorpal Axe (3.5e style!) 
*sound of rolling dice*
DM: Critical Hit! You lose your
head.
 What now? Who just wet their pants at that thought. A PC beheaded by a Kobold.

that's ok...... I didn't need to sleep tonight anyway
I fight for freedom. I fight for justice. I fight for honor. I fight for VENGEANCE.Beware, all you monsters, all you villains, for you have unleashed the wrath of Edward Darkforest. May your god have pity on your soul. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDDGJr6LOiw&feature=share Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Sign In to post comments