06/07/2012 FtL: "Reality's Ridge"

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.

The first deck doesn't really work: Descent into Madness exiles everything, so Geth's Grimoire and Dusk Urchins won't trigger and Volrath's Stronghold will be useless.
76125763 wrote:
Zindaras' meta is like a fossil, ancient and its secrets yet to be uncovered. Only men of yore, long dead, knew of it.
The first deck doesn't really work: Descent into Madness exiles everything, so Geth's Grimoire and Dusk Urchins won't trigger and Volrath's Stronghold will be useless.

It doesn't work with Descent, but it works with EVERYTHING ELSE in the deck, which is the point of the deck.  Draw a bunch of cards and make them discard a lot of cards, then drop descent and wipe out their hand/board before sac'ing descent to itself.

It doesn't work with Descent, but it works with EVERYTHING ELSE in the deck, which is the point of the deck.  Draw a bunch of cards and make them discard a lot of cards, then drop descent and wipe out their hand/board before sac'ing descent to itself.

Oh, sure, that part works nicely, and it does help that a lot of the discard is instant speed, but the Shortfang route seems better here. I would personally also take out the sorcery-speed discard, but meh.
76125763 wrote:
Zindaras' meta is like a fossil, ancient and its secrets yet to be uncovered. Only men of yore, long dead, knew of it.
Hmm... Not keen on the style of this. I prefer articles that discuss the decks, rather than make fumbling allusions to them and then present them without comment.
I rather like this article. The story is well written and the decks you presented were all straightforward enough that I didn't feel like they needed more explanation. I don't think it'd work with the normal combos you build, but with these it worked rather well. Good job!
Noel, I love your whimsy!

Thanks for giving us such great decks and articles every week!
Maybe you could make an article in the future where one elder Planeswalker teaches another Planeswalker how to use magic. Just sayin.

But really, scince Savor the Flavor died, this has been my source for a fun, carefree dose of magic each week.
Not really my cup of tea, but an A for effort.
I was wating for an artical not a book.
Learn about autocard here ==> [*c]Lightning Bolt[/*c] Remove "*" and you get Lightning Bolt. IMAGE(http://internetometer.com/image/27264.png) Keep extended alive for future generations so they dont have to sell out for modern. "If there is such a thing as too much power, I have not discovered it." —Volrath

That is my one complaint in magic is how many ppl on these forums whine and cry about how this is better than that and yadda yadda.

The "article" vs "book" debate again, everyone just wants to "ban book" I don't think that its overpowered at all just use some creativity and have some fun with reading and don't always try and play the most efficient reading format.
Sign In to post comments