Deck/Card-Info Week starting on June 11th

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

2.) June 18th - Rest of the DoTP 2013 cards/decklists will be shown to us.

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Sweet (but I want it all now!
Thanks for sharing, a little dissapointed it's so far away. I think we will still get a chance of being spoon fed some more info through e3 though.
Thanks for sharing, a little dissapointed it's so far away. I think we will still get a chance of being spoon fed some more info through e3 though.

Me too. I tought we got some huge spoilers yesterday. Well at least now we got something to look forward too. Wink

Edit: Why do you think that we are still going to get some infos? Wasnt the Wizard announcment yesterday?

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Sorry, but probably no. They only used the date of E3 to launch the game, but Duels 2013 was not listed to show at E3.

Sorry, but probably no. They only used the date of E3 to launch the game, but Duels 2013 was not listed to show at E3.

I expected this:

Tons of new screenshots and videos, alot of threads in the forum about the new stuff, Release next week confirmed.

What i got:

One new screenshot with 2 goblins, an almost dead forum with nothing new, Release on 20. June and decklists get revealed two days before release.

My reaction:

Haha!
yeah they really failed on this.  Instead of using E3 to announce the game, show the demo, show cards/decks, pics, and annouce the release as next week.....  THEY DID NOTHING!  Sad... just sad...
Grand scheme, it means very little. They've done their job; They gave the overwhelming majority, arguably even 2012's most cynical critics, reason to want the game.

Pretty sure I've seen a single person on here (and I forget who that was) outright say that they aren't sold on '13.
Most people that know of '13 will be getting it in 11/12 days anyhow. More spoilers and less speculation wuold have been nice, but ultimately, it doesn't mean much.
So they're basically going to drag it out for as long as they possible can?  And put out the deck lists only two days before release?  That's a great way to kill any hype about the game between now and then...
Grand scheme, it means very little. They've done their job; They gave the overwhelming majority, arguably even 2012's most cynical critics, reason to want the game.

Pretty sure I've seen a single person on here (and I forget who that was) outright say that they aren't sold on '13.
Most people that know of '13 will be getting it in 11/12 days anyhow. More spoilers and less speculation wuold have been nice, but ultimately, it doesn't mean much.

Welp, I guess I will be your second person that still isn't sold.

Pretty new cards are nice and all, and planechase looks pretty fun, but I was never concerned with new cards.

Until I hear that the game is far less bug-riddled than 2012, and that the multiplayer code isn't a pile of junk, Stainless isn't getting my money.   
I've already decided against buying this time around.  It's essentially the same game as last time (and the time before that).  Wake me up when they add some real customization to the game. 

I'd imagine that at least some of the lull in criticism is due to people moving on to other things.
Full customization would be cool'n all but it is what it is. If you don't like it... tough. As for the rest of us that are actually excited about getting some new decks to play. We're gonna enjoy these last few days of speculation and gitty"ness". I for one am actually excited for this next step in Duels. After the "poo" that was E3, I find myself more excited for an XBLA game than all those motion sensor and strictly single player games. Besides if you want full customization there are outlets for that. MTGO or the real thing. Good luck finding something better to do while everyone else enjoys 2013.
Only 12 hours to go for the first complete decklists. How is excited? Laughing

@Bereas

Oh yes, i wait so long for that moment... much to long, i have no hype left, but i think it will get back after i see the decklists
Thats true no hype left only thing keeping me hyped was those wingspantt videos but those are over.
And does anyone know at what time they'll release the deck info?
Thats true no hype left only thing keeping me hyped was those wingspantt videos but those are over.
And does anyone know at what time they'll release the deck info?

Its like 6.00 in the morning for me, which should make it 24.00 for wherever Wizard is sitting. So it depends in which timezone you are.

DailyMTG articles go up at midnight US Eastern time.
Today is the day right?
i thought so but I couldn't find anything
Why do you assume there'll be decklists published? Correct me if I'm wrong, but WOTC had wrote "the week starting June 18) will have no previews except what the decklists from Duels 2013 reveal.". For me it means that there will be no previes of MTG 2013, except the cards from Dotp 2013, which'll be known because the game launches on wednesday, so anybodoby who buys it will be able to see the decklists in the game.
very true it does this week...never says when this week. Still you would have thought with it coming out tomorrow for ps3 they would have given us something. Oh well
This sucks.
This sucks.

u aint kidding.  talk about a failure in hype for the game.
This sucks.

I don't think is that bad coz is more fun when you unlock the cards in the game, well at least we ps3 users are gonna have tons of fun unlocking cards :D

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

This sucks.

I don't think is that bad coz is more fun when you unlock the cards in the game, well at least we ps3 users are gonna have tons of fun unlocking cards :D

thats if PSN actually updates at a normal time and not mad late where its already wednesday in the Eastern US
The unlocks dont concern me too much, i prefer thinking about them when i unlock them for the first time. 

I like to get a good feel for the core decks though, so i know what isnt any good or what doesnt fit the synergy. I can start thinking about which cards i can take out now, rather than doing it in game when i should be unlocking cards.  
To be fair, it is only 9am.
I wouldn't expect anything before noon, and be happily surprised if you get it before then.
I'm guessing late afternoon...seems to be the way whenever something good is coming out lol
I'm guessing late afternoon...seems to be the way whenever something good is coming out lol

Its 2 30 pm, wheres my info? :P 

Its 2 30 pm, wheres my info? :P 

It is not! Time zones are a myth made up by people that don't live in mine!

Wait....

It's 6:38 a.m. on the West Coast USA. Let them wake up first lol
Are they Wizzards of the West Coast or Wizzards of the East Coast?
My late afternoon comment was for the psn. Chances are if it isn't on the wizards site by now then it won't be up there today. They allready have the days stuff up.
It's 6:38 a.m. on the West Coast USA. Let them wake up first lol

You guys need to get with the times. GMT is where its at :P 

@ocal I'm actually in the Eastern Time Zone.

@hubin_at from Daily MTG article:

Oh, and savvy readers will note that she doesn't just get basic Swamps.

Though I'm not sure how that could ever matter, really. There aren't any other kinds of Swamp legal in Standard, and I can't see Snow coming back any time soon (it's currently pretty warm up here in lovely Renton, WA, and we're not exactly hankering to give ourselves the chills).

I know but GMT is -00:00. EST is -08:00 IIRC. You guys are 8 hours behind the times :P
It's 5 hours, isn't it? Anyway we'll all be happily playing DotP13 in a couple of days and we won't even remember what TZ we're in!
They didn't specify Monday.. maybe they are going to spoil the decks on Thursday =O
Besides, I wasn't supposed to be here anyways. I don't want to see unlocks in advance! (Even though I really do at the same time) lol
It's 5 hours, isn't it? Anyway we'll all be happily playing DotP13 in a couple of days and we won't even remember what TZ we're in!

Ill remember, because ive got to stay up till 2am (hopefully) for you lazy yanks to get out of bed and post my new DOTP game up :P 
lol Wrong again I'm Canadian