EGGS!

122 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is my take on eggs using the locksmith build.  I need help with sideboard. Is mine too unfocused? i'm going into an unkown meta with this so i sorta just have a bunch of stuff.  I haveplayed a couple of people in the meta but totally cracked the eggs over their heads.  They sided in a bunch of creature and artifact hate which is what i thought they would do so i sided in echoing truth and silence. They scooped XP after i cast silence the turn i was going to go off.

The reason i run the maniac, disciple and the bomb is so(since im a new eggs player) in case i screw up i can just sac a bunch of artifacts or just mill myself.  And if they keep hands with all creature bounces and exiles then all i have to do is discard them with riddlesmith or (in case they path to exile which actually helps me combo sooner XP) use the bomb.  

It took me a whole day to learn to play this deck (or atleast solitaire this deck and knowing when to go off)

Suggestions? Thnx in advance.                                        

*EDITED LIST*~
14 land 
4 Ghost Quarter                                  

6 Island                                                     

4 darksteel citadel                                                                

2 Creature                                                    
2 Riddlesmith                                   

14 Spells                                                         
4 Second Sunrise                           
2 Noxious Revival                            
4 Reshape                                       
3 Edge of Autumn                           
1 banefire

30 Artifacts                                                 
1 Locket of Yesterdays      
4 ichor wellspring
3 terrarion          
4 Conjurer's Bauble                       
4 Chromatic Sphere                    
4 Chromatic Star                         
3 Lotus Bloom                             
2 Elsewhere Flask  
3 krark-clan ironworks                    
1 Pyrite Spellbomb                      
1 aether spellbomb 

15 sideboard
3 spell pierce
1 Tormod's Crypt
1 pithing needle
1 defense grid
3 silence

3 echoing truth
1 angel's grace
2 early frost
any strategies to make people scoop?

Im still slow in executing the library mill and drawing etc, my problem is that it sometimes is a 10 minute turn Xp

Ususally silence makes them scoop but some people try to get a draw out of me by waiting for time to go out especially since i wouldve won...NEED HELP!
Is using those creatures better then the regular version? It doesn't seem to help you until you combo, and since you already combo, you're going to win anyway.

I use Early Frost instead of silence, to stay in blue.

My worse fear is cranial extraction cards. What do you do with it naming second sunrise? the best I came up with is spell pierce.
@kfir

i recently started playing EGGS and i am pretty slow in execution...I usually keep all three/four wincons in the deck so if i mess up and end up drawing too many cards or if i am forced to draw i can win with the maniac.  The reason i put him in is because a guy i played ended up using dream twist on me and made me lose XP.  
The disciple is in my opinion the better secondary win con because he only costs one mana if i need to hardcast him..usually i never hardcast any creature except the riddlesmith.

I like frost it seems really helpful...And yes that is my biggest fear aswell XP its happened 2 times so far. i have yet to try nix which seems like the best solution but i cant always spare the mana unless i have 2 blooms out. Unfortunatley nix only affects extraction not other similar effects..it does stop pact of negation though XP. (also good in the mirror, if that ever happens).

If i take out the 2 other wincons...i will add in a sphere and should i add in terarion or is there a better card draw-er. that is usually how i fizzle is not enough draw to find that ONE card i need...The funny thing is when i go off i am always missing 1 or maybe two cards to finish the combo securely and always try to tutor or draw for it. Or if i cant find a revival or sunrise. I could also add in 2 open the vaults and 2 reclaim

What is your decklist?
Hello there, saw your thread and thought I would add my Eggs deck to be critqued/helped with, I have played my version a lot in solataire and had some good results. I am thinking of building a sideboard as I would really like to play this deck at my next Modern event, the problem I have with sideboarding with this deck in particular, is that I know what I want my sideboard to look like, but I cannot fathom out what cards to take out, I find it hard because this deck has so many cards that help with the decks consistency, that sideboarding these cards out seem almost backwards to me, so I am looking for pointers on what I should be removing and adding against popular Archetypes.

Fried Eggs & Toast

4 Ghost Quarter
4 Darksteel Citadel
6 Island
1 Plains
1 Misty Rainforest

2 Riddlesmith

4 Chromatic Sphere
4 Chromatic Star
4 Ichor Wellspring
4 Second Sunrise
4 Conjurer's Bauble
3 Reshape
3 Krark-Clan Ironworks
3 Terrarion
2 Noxious Revival
2 Open the Vaults
2 Elsewhere Flask
1 Aether Spellbomb
1 Banefire
1 Tezzeret the Seeker

Sideboard

3 Defense Grid
3 Silence
2 Angel's Grace
2 Early Frost
1 Pithing Needle

@Mise_MAge
The good thing about using kci is that many of the extras can be sided out..For example: tezz can be sided out against aggro decks because throwing him out there may cause him to die pretty quick..You can side in angel's grace for aggro match ups...

As for consistancy, G1 you must wait til the Last turn to combo off. Play all eggs until the turn you combo off.  Always throw down a ghost quarter if you have it. It scares the **** out of people sometimes and makes them hesitant. It sometimes also speeds up their game plan so be weary.  I personally try to wait till i have atleast 1-2 eggs out along with 1 reshape for a bloom or more eggs if i suspended a bloom.    I also always try to wait until i have a SS in hand...G2 is much different.  You must give up some consistancy for reliability.  G2 i combo off as soon as i think i can (this siometimes result in a fizzle XP) i usually get 1 hate card in my opening hand.

I also suggest adding 2 more noxious revivals to your list.  I personally dont see how it functions without more than 2 noxs.  

Siding out 1 teranion and 1-2 wellsprings and maybe a sphere vs control matchups to add in silence and early frost or defense grid.

If you think you will see exarch twin matchups i would either side in echoing truth or spellskite because he can redirect the splinter twin enchant to itself.
other than that your sideboard looks pretty solid...mindbreak trap is good against combo/storm matchups. pact of negationi think is a must for any combo deck. It prevents  them from extirpate-ing or using the most vile card ever made:surgical extraction. I personally have always wanted to add in meddeling mage but i dont think i could support it. I would just use that card and say se or extirpate XP

I personally dont think the aether bomb should be mainboarded but its based on meta.

My question for you is why do you use tezz? ive never seen him in a build before and to me it just seems like a mana loss but with the kci build i guess i can see his prowess. Is he only used as an extra reshape? I think just using wargate would be easier because using the bauble, wargate can be recycled over and over again. Tezz ability can be used once to find kci for the rest of the turn, but by then you could have used that 5 mana to cast other spells.
My current list (It keeps changing):

Lands
1 Forest
4 Ghost Quarter
1 Plains
1 Swamp
Island
1 Gemstone Mine

Spells
4 Reshape
3 Lotus Bloom
4 Edge of Autumn
4 Chromatic Sphere
4 Conjurer's Bauble
2 Elsewhere Flask
1 Pyrite Spellbomb
4 Second Sunrise
4 Chromatic Star
2 Wargate
4 Spoils of the Vault
4 Noxious Revival
1 See Beyond
1 Wipe Away
3 Gitaxian Probe

Sideboard

1 Tormod's Crypt
3 Spell Pierce
1 Echoing Truth
3 Engineered Explosives
3 Silence
1 Pithing Needle
3 Spreading Seas

I'm not sure about sideboard. I really want to make a list of every card that annoys you and what beats it. I guess that's the best way to make one. Anyway, one copy of Mystical Teachings VS control seems cool.

Funny I changed Early frost for Silence. How did you lose to Dream Twist?
sorry i was thinking of a different card XP i meant blue sun zenith for 1. Are the spoils of the vault worth it? i think it may help my fizzle problem but the life loss may be an issue. Just means sunbeam may need to be a mainboard then.

i dont know why the mine isnt in my mb. I guess i thought it wasnt modern legal XP. Wargate sounds tempting aswell but the manacost is meh...searching for a land or anything else is a turn on though. i guess i will have to solitaire it. 
@Mise_MAge
The good thing about using kci is that many of the extras can be sided out..For example: tezz can be sided out against aggro decks because throwing him out there may cause him to die pretty quick..You can side in angel's grace for aggro match ups...

As for consistancy, G1 you must wait til the Last turn to combo off. Play all eggs until the turn you combo off.  Always throw down a ghost quarter if you have it. It scares the **** out of people sometimes and makes them hesitant. It sometimes also speeds up their game plan so be weary.  I personally try to wait till i have atleast 1-2 eggs out along with 1 reshape for a bloom or more eggs if i suspended a bloom.    I also always try to wait until i have a SS in hand...G2 is much different.  You must give up some consistancy for reliability.  G2 i combo off as soon as i think i can (this siometimes result in a fizzle XP) i usually get 1 hate card in my opening hand.

I also suggest adding 2 more noxious revivals to your list.  I personally dont see how it functions without more than 2 noxs.  

Siding out 1 teranion and 1-2 wellsprings and maybe a sphere vs control matchups to add in silence and early frost or defense grid.

If you think you will see exarch twin matchups i would either side in echoing truth or spellskite because he can redirect the splinter twin enchant to itself.
other than that your sideboard looks pretty solid...mindbreak trap is good against combo/storm matchups. pact of negationi think is a must for any combo deck. It prevents  them from extirpate-ing or using the most vile card ever made:surgical extraction. I personally have always wanted to add in meddeling mage but i dont think i could support it. I would just use that card and say se or extirpate XP

I personally dont think the aether bomb should be mainboarded but its based on meta.

My question for you is why do you use tezz? ive never seen him in a build before and to me it just seems like a mana loss but with the kci build i guess i can see his prowess. Is he only used as an extra reshape? I think just using wargate would be easier because using the bauble, wargate can be recycled over and over again. Tezz ability can be used once to find kci for the rest of the turn, but by then you could have used that 5 mana to cast other spells.

Thank you for the feedback, I shall try to explain some of my unusual choices.

Why only 2 Nox?

Noxious Revival in my experience is a card we don't want to see all the time and its a card we don't want to draw on a consistant basis, its a card we want to draw when we are almost exhausted and missed our Second Sunrise/Open the Vaults draws, so we can cycle our previous Second Sunrise/Open the Vaults plus lets not forget we are running Conjurer's Bauble which also put cards back into the deck.

Why Tezzy?

Tezzeret the Seeker is here to tutor for KCI for 1 less mana than it would be from a Reshape, I have seen builds on the net use Wargate and every time I do the player talks about how hard it is on the mana base, I wanted to find a card that can act as KCI tutor, although I may just take Tezzeret out  and just play 4 Reshape as 1 mana seems neither here nor there, but playing Planeswalkers are always cool.

Why Aether Spellbomb?

Aether Spellbomb is a card that used to live in the sideboard to deal with cards that hurt this deck, both Thalia and Ethersworn Canonist both can be played main deck and both can easily disrupt us game one, so by having Aether Spellbomb main deck we have a serviceable and in our color main range answer instead of wasting Pyrite Spellbomb's so we can combo out.

@Mise_Mage
atleast for me, when i have a sunrise in hand then cast it without a nox in hand, that is the first card i want to draw off of our draw effects either another sunrise or a nox to put it back on top. i always want to draw the nox to keep putting sunrise bak to the top. 
@Mise_Mage
atleast for me, when i have a sunrise in hand then cast it without a nox in hand, that is the first card i want to draw off of our draw effects either another sunrise or a nox to put it back on top. i always want to draw the nox to keep putting sunrise bak to the top. 

Your absouletly right Nox is one of the cards you would love to draw, but because our deck is full of shuffle/draw effects I think we would prefer to draw a Second Sunrise or Open the Vaults in my experience.  When I did play 4 nox it was my experience that I didn't want to draw one of my 4 nox  untill I had dug deep enough and made my yard as big as possible so when I nox I can reap full rewards. Nox also is a prime target for Surgical Extraction so playing lower numbers means it won't hit as hard, also by playing 4 Nox we are giving up some consistency, whereas from my experience of playing combo keeping cards that help consistency is more better than card(s) that are good near end/mid combo.

A side note about Nox, I have seen a build on the net that  plays Nox as a singleton and plays a Drift of Phantasms in the place of a second Nox, most of the players are adopting thier builds to people using popular strategies to beat our deck, the build that plays singleton Nox also plays odly enough Laboratory Maniac in the sideboard.
That is also why some builds run 1-2 reclaim to deal with SE. does this build use drift  To tutor for maniac/wargate/second sunrise? Does this build use wargate? How are they getting the nox just? from drawing or setting it up?
I also realized u dont run probe or edge of autumn. What is ur reasoning for that?
@Kinsonal, you are correct some builds do play 2 Reclaim as well as Noxious Revival, the problem again is that when we add cards like this we have given up another 2 slots that could of been used for consistency for cards that are only good when we are mid/near end of comboing. The build that plays Drift of Phantasms plays it as a /Second Sunrise tutor but it doesn't playWargate because of how hard it is on our mana base, the thoery is that Noxious Revival only ever usually gets us Second Sunrise so playing Drift of Phantasms is "like" having a "pusedo" uncounterable nox in your hand and without the need to set it up, plus it is shuffling our libary and getting a card out of it the deck we need, in my experience of playing that deck it gets nox from drawing as they use Riddlesmith to churn through the deck.

Edge of Autumn is not needed in the Krark-Clan Ironworks build of Eggs, as we have a better draw engine in the form of Terrarion and Ichor Wellspring,  both cards interact nicely with Riddlesmith and with KCI by giving us 2 colorless mana and drawing us a card when we sacrifice them to KCI, also both cards can be returned from the battlefield with Second Sunrise and from the battlefield and if we discarded them to Riddlesmith with Open the Vaults, whereas Edge of Autumn is a one shot effect that we probably would only put back in our deck after we put the usual suspects back first. The mana that is generated from KCI then can be used towards the artifacts we draw so we can keep churning through as much of the deck as possible or even towards one big uncounterable, unpreventable Banefire to the dome.

@Mise_MAge
I have soltaired a similar decklist to yours and i am quite impressed. You were very correct on the added consistancy and i am going to test this build asap. 
@Mise_MAge
I have soltaired a similar decklist to yours and i am quite impressed. You were very correct on the added consistancy and i am going to test this build asap. 

Cool, don't forget to post your uodated list here I can't wait to see it.
i did
i did

Just looked over the deck, I am a little confused as to why you are still running Edge of Autumn even though you now have Krark-Clan Ironworks? Why the singleton Riddlesmith? I lke Locket of Yesterdays Why ? do intend on gaining infinite life and just cycle your libarary until time is over? Your sideboard has lots of singleton's why is that? How often is that one Pact of Negatation useful, unless you set it up as Second Sunrise insurance? I like Spell Peirce seems a intresting choice, is this your defense against a tapped out Surgical Extraction player? 
sorry i was thinking of a different card XP i meant blue sun zenith for 1. Are the spoils of the vault worth it? i think it may help my fizzle problem but the life loss may be an issue. Just means sunbeam may need to be a mainboard then.

i dont know why the mine isnt in my mb. I guess i thought it wasnt modern legal XP. Wargate sounds tempting aswell but the manacost is meh...searching for a land or anything else is a turn on though. i guess i will have to solitaire it. 

Your combo finish is instant speed (you only cast second sunrise), so you can win with zenith on the stack. you can also cast noxious revival for anything against it.

As for spoils, I started with 1, then I so that I missed drawing second sunrise to often. I then raised it to 2, then 3, then 4. It basically functions as Second sunrise 5-8, Reshape 7-10, ghost quarter 5-8 and so on. It's kind of bad if your opponent gets your life down quickly, but sometimes it saves a turn of finding your card. the risk is exiling two lotus bloom or spellbomb and wipe away.

Aether Spellbomb is a card that used to live in the sideboard to deal with cards that hurt this deck, both Thalia and Ethersworn Canonist both can be played main deck and both can easily disrupt us game one, so by having Aether Spellbomb main deck we have a serviceable and in our color main range answer instead of wasting Pyrite Spellbomb's so we can combo out.

You can use Conjurer's Bauble to reuse the spellbomb after you killl someone with it.
Why Darksteel citadel? 

Your combo finish is instant speed (you only cast second sunrise), so you can win with zenith on the stack. you can also cast noxious revival for anything against it.

As for spoils, I started with 1, then I so that I missed drawing second sunrise to often. I then raised it to 2, then 3, then 4. It basically functions as Second sunrise 5-8, Reshape 7-10, ghost quarter 5-8 and so on. It's kind of bad if your opponent gets your life down quickly, but sometimes it saves a turn of finding your card. the risk is exiling two lotus bloom or spellbomb and wipe away.

You can use Conjurer's Bauble to reuse the spellbomb after you killl someone with it.
Why Darksteel citadel? 

Because once KCI is out we can tutor for them with Reshape and they add 3 mana to our mana pool too, thanks to us tapping it for one and sacing it for 2, also it returns from either OTV or SS

Because once KCI is out we can tutor for them with Reshape and they add 3 mana to our mana pool too, thanks to us tapping it for one and sacing it for 2, also it returns from either OTV or SS

Cool trick. would you say the KCI version is better then the regular? also, I just figured out that surgical extraction is really bad against us. we can counter it with revivel or bubble. I say the biggest threat is Grafdigger's Cage (if anyone plays it) and Extirpate.

Cool trick. would you say the KCI version is better then the regular? also, I just figured out that surgical extraction is really bad against us. we can counter it with revivel or bubble. I say the biggest threat is Grafdigger's Cage (if anyone plays it) and Extirpate.

Grafdigger's Cage only hurts if we are running Etherium Sculptor instead of Riddlesmith as Etherium Sculptor can be sacrificed to KCI.  We never cast anything from our graveyard as they are returned from the graveyard to the battlefield and are not counted as being cast. We also don't cast from our library as Reshape puts the artifact onto the battlefield, unless we searched for a Etherium Sculptor which we wouldn't do if faced with Grafdigger's Cage.   Extirpate does hurt as we can't respond to it, but I am yet to see it be played in a list, there are more obvious choices to hate on us they are Nihil Spellbomb, Tormod's Crypt and Relic of Progenitus, which are all stopped by Pithing Needle which can be searched up for from Reshape.

Personally I think the KCI build is more consistant than all other builds, it seems to have better interactions and just feels more consistant to play, with this said the KCI build doesn't usually play Riddlesmith, and after some testing I can see why they play Etherium Sculptor, as he generates "free" mana when he's on the battlefield and generates 2 mana when sacrificed to KCI.
@mise_mage

I run the edges because i felt that i needed a little more draw and it acts as another land recycler.  I still feel this way so i will probably keep it in the list.  I also run the sunbeam to recover some health from burn but i am going to put it in the sideboard and replace it with aether spellbomb wich is more helpful most of the time plus it is the color.
I only run 1 smith because i usually dont like drawing into another even though i could draw 2 and discard 2. I may remove an edge to add in another smith.  I gues more testing is necessary.

@kfir
I will have to tell him that(and request a rematch!)He said mine resolved and he kept complaining so i let it slide. XP

i personally think the kci is more consistant but it does have just as many weaknesses without proper boarding.  It is more reliant on kci for the kill but can function without it if it gets bounced or anything. It will also be just as easy to use the original kill combo.
sorry about the cage. I read it as "cards can't enter", and ignore the word "creatrues" completely.
sorry about the cage. I read it as "cards can't enter", and ignore the word "creatrues" completely.

No worries, we all have misread cards I misread Terramorphic Expanse and thought it could fetch up the Ravnica dual lands, I mean how could I completely miss the word basic lol.   

No worries, we all have misread cards I misread Terramorphic Expanse and thought it could fetch up the Ravnica dual lands, I mean how could I completely miss the word basic lol.    

The most annoying misreading for me: Zendikar prerelease, were playing 2HG sealed. We have Felidar Sovereign, our opponents have giant scorpion. we attack, then say:"What? it doesn't have flying?", that was pretty embarrasing.

Between pithing needle and Engineered Explosives we can negate most permanent hate cards.

also for the deck. How about trinket mage for sideboard. fetches alot, and chumpblocks.
if trinket mage costed only 1U then it might be better.  I guess all he would do is thin the deck by a couple cards.  But since they only go to your hand idk how useful he would be.  It would be helpful to find the singleton locket though.
I still feel that my sideboard is inconsistant, any tips?
I still feel that my sideboard is inconsistant, any tips?

Your correct, your sideboard is inconsistent, I think you are trying to think of too many decks when you should base your sideboard on your meta,  what I mean by that is, it is pointless being prepared for goblins if none of your opponents plays goblins, I build a sideboard towards beating archetype's than I do towards specfic decks when I build a non combo deck, but in the case of Eggs we need to think of cards or even decks in the meta that would cause us issues, because we don't want to be twidiling our thumbs because we couldn't answer our opponents questions, for example a card that completly wrecks us is Extirpate if the metagame was suddenly to start playing that instead of the "usual" suspects and in a significant number of decks in our meta, then we would have to look at what can be done, do we ditch the deck or do we start sideboarding cards like Silence that we usually sideboard in against aggro decks so we can cast them on our own upkeep on the turn we "go off" therefore getting around the whole not being able to respond to it.
@mise_mage
So in other words.. Instead of preparing for a deck like goblins, i should prepare for aggro. And instead of preparing for jund/bant/grixis, i should prepare for contol..etc etc.

So would this be better

3 spell pierce. To counter pesky spells
3 relic of progenitus. Play against mirror(like tht would happen) and also graveyard based combos and creatures
1 pithing needle. To battle against some hate cards
1 aether spellbomb. Sideboard for sunbeam
3 silence. Silence control decks x0
3 echoing truth. Permanent hate
1 angel's grace. Aggro/burn hate
or should i replace the pithing needle for another grace?

Don't replace the Pithing Needle as it can help against decks that have activated abilities and helps against hate cards, if anything I would take out 2 Relic and consider adding 2  its like a "pusedo" timewalk in the early game against most decks or 1 Spell Pierce and 1 Angel's Grace, the thing to remember about artifacts in our sideboard is that we can search for them through Reshape when they are in our main deck.

Don't replace the Pithing Needle as it can help against decks that have activated abilities and helps against hate cards, if anything I would take out 2 Relic and consider adding 2  its like a "pusedo" timewalk in the early game against most decks or 1 Spell Pierce and 1 Angel's Grace, the thing to remember about artifacts in our sideboard is that we can search for them through Reshape when they are in our main deck.

I still don't get- why angels grace? If you want to defeat burn, I say the best card is Thopter foundry.
@kfir
Its not so much used against burn as it is against myself. Im probably going to takethem out of the side because i dont have as much life burn(gitaxian probe and noxious revival) the point was because against aggro decks and burn, i wouldnt have enough life to continually cast nox and probe so i sided in angels grace wich worked perfectly. This was also why i added sunbeam main. Now with less life burn i can probably take it out.

I still don't get- why angels grace? If you want to defeat burn, I say the best card is Thopter foundry.

isn't anti burn tech, its anti-Storm, anti-Mirror, anti-Living End, anti-Affinty.

i updated my sideboard.  I thought 1 crypt might be enough since i can tutor for it for 2 mana with reshape. and it can be put back into play.  Other than spell pierce is there any other way to deal with extraction effects? Maybe extraction itself?
i updated my sideboard.  I thought 1 crypt might be enough since i can tutor for it for 2 mana with reshape. and it can be put back into play.  Other than spell pierce is there any other way to deal with extraction effects? Maybe extraction itself?

I think you are concentrating too much on cards that wreck the deck, have a look here www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=2671&d=217284 you will see exactly one deck playing an extraction and guess what we got that one covered with Conjurer's Bauble, Noxious Revival and Silence on our upkeep on the turn we go off, worst case scenario is they exile Misty Rainforest or Star or sphere if we didn't have a white source, but like I said we have Conjurer's Bauble and Noxious Revival too.
The point of a sideboard is to defend against hate and wreck other decks.

I guess a sideboard could be viewed as a way to defend against hate and wreck other decks, but I prefer to think of a sideboard as  an extension of your deck and should be designed with cards that would give you the best answers, my sideboard are cards I would play main deck against decks if I had prior knowledge I would face that deck, my sideboard has what is called "generic" answers to  most decks, the reason is the same  way I hinder aggro by using Silence on thier upkeep to "pusedo timewalk" thier turn to victory, is the same way I hinder the person who sided in Surgical Extraction, Extirpate, Pact of Negation or Mindbreak Trap by using the exact same spell Silence but this time on my upkeep on the turn I can go off.  

I guess a sideboard could be viewed as a way to defend against hate and wreck other decks, but I prefer to think of a sideboard as  an extension of your deck and should be designed with cards that would give you the best answers, my sideboard are cards I would play main deck against decks if I had prior knowledge I would face that deck, my sideboard has what is called "generic" answers to  most decks, the reason is the same  way I hinder aggro by using Silence on thier upkeep to "pusedo timewalk" thier turn to victory, is the same way I hinder the person who sided in Surgical Extraction, Extirpate, Pact of Negation or Mindbreak Trap by using the exact same spell Silence but this time on my upkeep on the turn I can go off.  

Surgical extraction doesn't bother us. My nightmare is a rock player going:

T2: Sakura-tribe elder
T3: cranial extraction

But, does anyone play rock?

Also for Angel's grace, between silence and graveyard hate, the only deck on this list it's hard to hate against is affinity. I'm not sure, but I think were the faster deck.

Surgical extraction doesn't bother us. My nightmare is a rock player going:

T2: Sakura-tribe elder
T3: cranial extraction

But, does anyone play rock?

Also for Angel's grace, between silence and graveyard hate, the only deck on this list it's hard to hate against is affinity. I'm not sure, but I think were the faster deck.

I don't think The Rock is even a "deck" and why would people play Cranial Extraction or even Memoricide when there are better options availble, plus those cards only hurt a small minority of decks so it is pointless from a deck construction stand point to include a card that is only for a small percentage of the meta game.

Also we could go T3:during their upkeep Sac Sphere for a white, draw a card Silence opponent, oh look no CE to hurt us