solphos draft

253 posts / 0 new
Last post
let's draft the set made by user chin keeyong because it's awesome. set info and contents can be found here.

[spoiler=p1p1]
Sure... I want the Guardian, it seems insane if we can get lots of them, it's the only White card, and it's - unlike most of the rest of the pack - a creature. Which is something we want as much of as possible.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Hi, I'm the guy who made the set.

My pick is Precision Eyepiece. Since we aren't tied to any particular color right now, we might as well get the Sensei's Divining Top.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

That's a reasonable pick, but it's more of a Crystal Ball than a Top, right? And it requires a creature...
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Naturalize

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Eyepiece seems like the best card in the pack.

Vigilance for 1 is certainly playable and scry 1 every turn for free seems pretty nice in limited. 
Fixed Judge of Academia's image.

Embrace imagination.

Muse?
Genefactors

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Surprisingly enough, I agree with Zokorad. Genefacturer's Triumph is a splashable Overrun effect that becomes absolutely crippling if we pick up enough creatures.

Embrace imagination.

crossbreed

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

How did I not see this until now?

Anyway, crossbreed.  Even if you don't need mana it's a 2/3 for 3 which is very solid. 
Yeah, the crossbreed looks good.

Embrace imagination.

Definitely Crossbreed.

Also, Snake Horse? Yikes.
There was an Elephant Kraken in the last pack.
Contest-Specific Redeemable Prizes: DaytimeLantern - +5 points on any score-based contest. Redeemable once. If contest is multiple rounds, only redeemable in a single round.
flytrap?

The spider please.
I'll go with child of haereticus.  I'm not sure how reliably we can get catalysis.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

I'll take the spider too: Natron Weaver.
Contest-Specific Redeemable Prizes: DaytimeLantern - +5 points on any score-based contest. Redeemable once. If contest is multiple rounds, only redeemable in a single round.
Spider for me as well.
Spider
Child or Research. Research would require going into a third color early on, but it won't be too much of an issue if we can keep picking up color fixers.

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

Spider. CKY's set has a combo theme.
It stalls combat, blocks fliers, and the transmute ability has potential. 
It would be if the Child only affected your opponent, but it doesn't.
I just feel like playing with the Child would end up being more risky than with the Weaver. 

image embedding on this forum is terrible. 
I like the Drifter and the Outcast.

I'm leaning towards the Drifter, though. It's basically a 2/2 flying creature with vigilance (if we play a spell second main phase).
Drifter

Drifter seems like the correct pick.
Drifter
blah blah metal lyrics
I like outcast better.
Predatory Genes. It lets us transmute for our mana-fixer or our vigilant flier, while the aura side could be useful in a pinch.

Embrace imagination.

Predatory Genes.
Genes seems pretty nice.
genes seems like the best call.

Sure, Genes.