[M13-ICD] Attended Knight

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Attended Knight
Creature – Human Knight (C)

First strike
When Attended Knight enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield.

2/2
Seems good!
Solid!  Gonna be fun to draft at the very least.
not blade splicer but not bad either
"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead." —Jaya Ballard, task mage
I'm predicting... Timely Reinforcements coming soon.
seems quite good. 2/2 first strike is good enough for 3 mana, coming with a reinforcement is a bonus.
Another piece of solid scaling on multiplying creature bodies. Nifty.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
The first strike alone would have made this fringe playable, two bodies is gravy.
Shouldn't the guy who attends a knight be a 1/2?
Wink
Very, very nice. I loved nest invader, and I love this. I wouldn't have batted an eye if I saw this at uncommon, either. In fact, I had to double check to make sure it wasn't.
Good limited card.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

not blade splicer but not bad either

this !
1 power/toughness away from being rare ...bonkers !
the golem is better against pro-black though.. 

GILBIC

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
This will look a lot better when Blade Splicer rotates.
Heck, it looks decent right now.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Cheap version of Blade Splicer.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
That's pretty awesome actually, nice one R&D.
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Attended Knight
Creature – Human Knight (C)

First strike
When Attended Knight enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield.

2/2

WHoa,. I'm used to white getting undercosted stuff but. Limited critical pick.
Love that art

I think the attendant is cuter than the knight.
IMAGE(http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/products/m13/q9gl1hlubm_en.jpg)

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

In some ways this is better because you don't lose the first strike if you lose the 1/1.
This also nets you an extra 1/1 instead of an extra 3/3 with First Strike when you Cloudshift it. Definitely a far worse card, but hey, it's a common. Not awful at all.
Rules Nut Advisor
I think the power level of this is actually comparable to Blade Splicer since Knight, Soldier, and Human are all far more relevant creature types.

Also, the token is white.
I think the power level of this is actually comparable to Blade Splicer since Knight, Soldier, and Human are all far more relevant creature types.

I agree, although I wish the token it makes was a human as well. Simply for the sake of Champion of the Parish.

"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."

I agree, although I wish the token it makes was a human as well. Simply for the sake of Champion of the Parish.

Agreed.
I asked Brady about this and he said that they don't like putting more than one creature type on tokens outside of tribal blocks because they like the possibility of reprinting cards in blocks with different settings.

For example, theoretically reprinting Elspeth Tirel in a world where the dominant white race are Kor or Kithkin or sentient cucumbers or whatever.

having a golem is better against sword of war and peace and intimidate...though

having a golem is better against sword of war and peace and intimidate...though

Splicer and Sword of Tolstoy rotate at the same time though, so that's a non-issue come October.