Help me name this deck

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Carmine Sandiago or Lupin the III? Oh, if you have a suggestion for the deck itself, please make it.

Creatures

4 [C]Master Thief[/C]
4 [C]Delver of Secrets[/C]
4 [C]Elgaud Shieldmate[/C]
2 [C]Alchemist's Apprentice[/C]
2 [C]Djinn of Wishes[/C]

Spells and Instants

3 [C]Ghostly Flicker[/C]
3 [C]Disperse[/C]
3 [C]Ponder[/C]
1 [C]Gitaxian Probe[/C]
2 [C]Mana Leak[/C]
3 [C]Mitotic Manipulation[/C]
2 [C]Naturalize[/C]

Artifacts

2 [C]Ratchet Bomb[/C]
4 [C]Liquimetal Coating[/C] 

Lands

15 [C]Island[/C]
2 [C]Evolving Wilds[/C]
1 [C]Forest[/C]
3 [C]Shimmering Grotto[/C]

Total: 60
looks waaaay too slow to be competitive.  and 4 hinterland harbor??  you can't get away with only 21 lands.  run no less than 24, maybe even 25.

i'd be more concerned with the deck than the name at this point.  furthermore, RG liquimetal coating is much, much better because of this card.   

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

its not that slow. turn 4 usually, unless I get mana screwed. Obviously if I had hinterland harbors, I would use them... This isnt exactly a tournament deck, either.
its not that slow. turn 4 usually, unless I get mana screwed. Obviously if I had hinterland harbors, I would use them... This isnt exactly a tournament deck, either.

well, i mean, these are the competitive forums, usually for people looking to play in tournaments.  you may be able to get more help in the casual

getting going by turn 4 is pretty slow, usually. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

whoops. my bad.
OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO CLEVER. can I have your autograph? If you can just sign it elitest cockface, thatd be great.
How about you name it "0-6"?

I like it
like I commented on Liquidmetal Coating on gatherer:

HOW THE HECK does an artifact enchantment look like??!?!?!?

They can obviously exist, as liquidmetal coating can create them -- so why aren't there any noncolored artifact enchantments??

Artifact Enchantment...
How about you name it "0-6"?

+1
92195628 wrote:
I just heard the distinct noise of a lone guitar string breaking, somewhere off in the distance.

They can obviously exist, as liquidmetal coating can create them -- so why aren't there any noncolored artifact enchantments??

Artifact Enchantment...

Maybe it's like.. an idea? Spose it doesn't have to look like anything, but it would be an ancient concept that was given an effect. Sort of like witchcraft and the "Power of words". An artifact enchantment would just be an ancient idea.

Also, to those of you who think making fun of the deck is hilarious, it's already been pointed out that I posted this in a more tournament style format. I just wanted to make a deck out of master thief, and sometimes it works very well. Other times, not so much. My friends and I play a lot of multiplayer games and stuff, and it's entertaining. We all have a bunch of silly decks we play that, in a tournament, might not be very effective.

But also, maybe you should all stop being generic  Stereotypes. Seriously, this is disgusting. Next thing you know I find out all of you are 40 year old basement dwelling virgins. Just because you are good at MTG doesn't make you some sort of God. I can garentee you I am twice as intellegent as you are, and given the money and time I could probly thrash you all. Problem is, my small card pool is split amongst 3 people, so I can't make gdlk decks. I do what I can with what I have. And this one is ****ing cool, if nothing else. So go play your little generic delver and infect decks. No wait, you have probly switched to Miracle by now, huh.

MUST WIN EVERY GAME NO MATTER WHAT 
No one ever said that it has to win every single game against every single deck, but it has to win close to 50% of the time against competitive decks to be viable.  If you're going to FNM, play Grand Architect with Steel Hellkite and other face-smashing artifacts, it's budget AND isn't terrible.  Otherwise, your deck would probably get the help you're looking for in casual.

Edit:
I can garentee you I am twice as intellegent as you are

Quoted for posterity.

Edit:

Quoted for posterity.

I love you

Edit:

Quoted for posterity.

tee?

also: 0-2 drop is a good name too.
Photobucket
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />But also, maybe you should all stop being generic  Stereotypes. Seriously, this is disgusting. Next thing you know I find out all of you are 40 year old basement dwelling virgins. Just because you are good at MTG doesn't make you some sort of God. I can garentee you I am twice as intellegent as you are, and given the money and time I could probly thrash you all. Problem is, my small card pool is split amongst 3 people, so I can't make gdlk decks. I do what I can with what I have. And this one is ****ing cool, if nothing else. So go play your little generic delver and infect decks. No wait, you have probly switched to Miracle by now, huh.

If you were around a little more often, you'd see that MY decks are not Delver, neither WRR or any Top8 ****. I'm a Rouge deckbuilder, but to quote Mike Flores: Rouge Deck /= bad deck.

And on the factor of intelligence..... grow up, son. No, wait, I forgot, you're real mature.

Btw, 0-2 drop is a real cool Name btw.

92195628 wrote:
I just heard the distinct noise of a lone guitar string breaking, somewhere off in the distance.

Artifact Enchantment...

Maybe it's like.. an idea? Spose it doesn't have to look like anything, but it would be an ancient concept that was given an effect. Sort of like witchcraft and the "Power of words". An artifact enchantment would just be an ancient idea.

Also, to those of you who think making fun of the deck is hilarious, it's already been pointed out that I posted this in a more tournament style format. I just wanted to make a deck out of master thief, and sometimes it works very well. Other times, not so much. My friends and I play a lot of multiplayer games and stuff, and it's entertaining. We all have a bunch of silly decks we play that, in a tournament, might not be very effective.

But also, maybe you should all stop being generic  Stereotypes. Seriously, this is disgusting. Next thing you know I find out all of you are 40 year old basement dwelling virgins. Just because you are good at MTG doesn't make you some sort of God. I can garentee you I am twice as intellegent as you are, and given the money and time I could probly thrash you all. Problem is, my small card pool is split amongst 3 people, so I can't make gdlk decks. I do what I can with what I have. And this one is ****ing cool, if nothing else. So go play your little generic delver and infect decks. No wait, you have probly switched to Miracle by now, huh.

First off, i have to say that delver is not necessarily "generic". The deck certainly does have similiarities in terms of structure and some cards used but if youve paid attention to delver as an archetype then you would know that the deck is constantly changing. As someone who has played delver i have to point out that it is more than countering a spell or bouncing a creature. There are a lot more interactions going on and it requires more skill and thought to play than most people give it credit for.

Now on to the topic of Infect. It hasnt really been that popular for a while now, but with Wild Defiance infect has actually became a more lethal mechanic and is kinda coming back ( at least in my meta).

Miracle time. Decks do utilize cards with the miracle mechanic, however there are not necessarily full blown miracle decks out there from what ive seen.

100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
@OP Why do you even care what the name of your deck is? If you're looking for a good name though try Better Off With Intro Pack it suits your deck quite well.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

In fairness to OP, his deck is better than the U/B zombie precon from Dark Ascension.

Wild Defiance is making infect good?  :psyduck:
if you have enough time to post on here about naming your deck you should have been able to name it already. Also if you had twice the intelligence you claim to have over the rest of us you wouldn't have posted a casual deck in the tournament forum. 

either way just name the deck yourself. you claim your intelligence is high so use it instead of asking others for help with something simple.  
In fairness to OP, his deck is better than the U/B zombie precon from Dark Ascension.

Well my point about infect was that it has not really gained much from the innistrad block and as a result it hasnt been that popular. So, its kinda hard to generalize something thats not in the scene the way that delver, WRR and RG aggro are.
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12

I don't know about "good", but there are a few U/G variants running ranger's guile and mutagenic growth making the rounds and putting up some decent results.
Next thing you will tell me Browbeat is bad.
Sign In to post comments