Phasing Question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I phase out a permenant that does not have phasing, will it phase back in during my next untap step or will it remain phased out until otherwise stated (like in a second exile zone)?
If I phase out a permenant that does not have phasing, will it phase back in during my next untap step or will it remain phased out until otherwise stated (like in a second exile zone)?

During your untap phase, any permanent with phasing you control phase out and any permanent you have that are phased out phase back in, all this simultaneously, then you carry on with the untap.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

To answer your question more concisely, yes, phased out permanents will phase in at the normal time, even if they do not have Phasing.

Standard Answer to all 5E rules questions: "Ask your DM."

During your Untap STEP, every permanent you controlled when they phased-out will phase-in:

502. Untap Step
502.1. First, (...) all phased-out permanents that the active player controlled when they phased out phase in...

When someone has an imaginary friend, we call it mental sickness. When a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend, we call it a religion.

Sign In to post comments