Trying to make a blow up deck (don't have a clue as to it's real name)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Restoration Angel (x3)
Predator Ooze (x3)
Cloudshift (x4)
Bramblecrush (x2)
Overrun (x4)
Birds of Paradise (x4)
Conjurer's Closet (x4)
Rampant Growth (x4)
Acidic Slime (x4)
Garruk, Primal Hunter (x2)
Corrosive Gale (x3)
Wolfir Silverheart (x4)
Noxious Revival  (x1)

Total Land base is 18 (8 of which is green/white)  the rest is divided evenly betwen forest/plain

The basic strat is ramp up to acidic slim and conjurer's closet burn land.  Angel for flyer/land burn and wolfir/overrun for beat down.

Starve the opponent for mana and beat their face in and hide behind preditor oozes.

Garruk for dummy-dumb tokens that can act as clutch defenders.

Thoughts?
-NW "Behold blessed perfection!" --Sheoldred, Whispering One
I'm building a Land Destruction Deck for FNM and I had completly missed Conjurer's Closet. So while I can't offer too much advice on your deck, I do want to say thanks for bringing the 'Closet to my attention.

I'll post my Decklist here to add to the melting pot, and hopefully we can both get some feedback.

Land.
4x Copperline Gorge
3x Rootbound Crag
9x Forest
5x Mountain
4x Swamp

Ramp.
4x Birds of Paradise
2x Llanowar Elves
2x Rampant Growth
4x Viridian Emissary

LD.
2x Smallpox
3x Beast Within
3x Tectonic Rift
3x Demolish
3x Bramblecrush
4x Acidic Slime
2x Into the Maw of Hell

Other.
3x Noxious Revival

I think Conjurer's Closet will help keep blinking the 'Slime.
I'm building a Land Destruction Deck for FNM and I had completly missed Conjurer's Closet. So while I can't offer too much advice on your deck, I do want to say thanks for bringing the 'Closet to my attention.

I'll post my Decklist here to add to the melting pot, and hopefully we can both get some feedback.

Land.
4x Copperline Gorge
3x Rootbound Crag
9x Forest
5x Mountain
4x Swamp

Ramp.
4x Birds of Paradise
2x Llanowar Elves
2x Rampant Growth
4x Viridian Emissary

LD.
2x Smallpox
3x Beast Within
3x Tectonic Rift
3x Demolish
3x Bramblecrush
4x Acidic Slime
2x Into the Maw of Hell

Other.
3x Noxious Revival

I think Conjurer's Closet will help keep blinking the 'Slime.

I sideboarded all of my corrosive gale in favor of a full playset of Noxious Revival incase I don't have Cloudshift or Restoration Angel available against a blue/black counter or kill spell.

Have you tried borderland ranger instead of the viridian emissary as with your blinking effects you can cycle more lands out of your deck and give you better draws. or is it too slow?
Have you tried borderland ranger instead of the viridian emissary as with your blinking effects you can cycle more lands out of your deck and give you better draws. or is it too slow?

That would work much better.

addressing the OP, your deck isn't really LD as much as aggro. You either need more land kill or just go for the critter beatdown. The second deck that was posted here, you are running 3 colors for no real benefit and it just looks awkward in my opionion. Mimic vat is a thing, as is invader parasite btw.
Smallpox viridian emissary combo..!

VERY VERY nice :D
Smallpox viridian emissary combo..!

VERY VERY nice :D

Thanks, I was quite proud of that. Usually I'm pretty bad at spotting combos and cards that work well together but LD is a small hobby within the hobby of Magic itself to me.

How can I improve my mana-base? In play its pretty shakey, I would like to put more Smallpox in but I don't want it to be un-castable. I'm not sure about swapping Rootbound Crags for Woodland Cemeterys cause' it might slow my Red too much and thats where most of the LD is.

I did drop 1 Into the Maw of Hell for a Conjurer's Closet, though I might need to get another one before I see a real difference.

Observations and assistance, please.  (I hope to have this about ready for FNM this week)