Rhythm Blade + Rod Expertise

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
The wording of Rhythm Blade seems to indicate that it INCREASES the AC and Shield bonus. But in the CB it doesn't increase either when used in conjunction with Rod Expertise.

So is this a bug in the CB or am I reading the Rhythm Blade description incorrectly? 

Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, sticking appendages in the mouth of a leering green devil face, accepting a dinner invitation from bugbears, storming the feast hall of a hill giant steading, angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

CB bug.  Rhythm Blade in the offhand, rod in the main hand, rod expertise should give you a +2 shield bonus to AC/Ref.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Awesome! My Con-lock thanks you from the bottom of her pitiless, black heart

Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, sticking appendages in the mouth of a leering green devil face, accepting a dinner invitation from bugbears, storming the feast hall of a hill giant steading, angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

It's a neat combo. I use it on most of my warlocks.