Honey Badger Don't Give a S*** - Hengeyokai Druid Dreadnought

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

I rewatched that one video (Warning: NSFW language), and it inspired me to make a level 11 build

Constantly refreshing THP from switching between human and beast form. Lots of different damage resistance, damage reduction, half damage, and effect removal (dreadnought FTW). Resists poison, shrugs it off like nothing. Lots of slow and prone, she'll will knock you down and maul you with her claws (bonus 1d10 with CA) and is a wicked charger (+1 to attack, +2 to damage). She's fast, agile, vicious, and will take a beating and keep on trucking.

She resists forced movement and can even burrow.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... the honey badger:

Resist 5 poison.
Resist 10 all damage on AP.
Resist 6 ongoing damage.
Reduce ranged and melee damage by 3 (stacks with resist).
Reduce all forced movement by 1.
Encounter, Stone Panoply: Resist 6 all damage.
Encounter, Scattered Form: Half damage from melee and ranged (stacks with resist and reduce).
Encounter, Barkskin: +3 bonus to AC (minor).
Encounter, Swarm Dispersal: Resist 10 all damage (interrupt).
Daily, Armor of the Wild: Resist 3 all damage for encounter.

Show
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======Ratel, level 11
Hengeyokai, Druid, Dreadnought
Build: Swarm Druid
Primal Aspect Option: Primal Swarm
Animal Form Option: Badger (Endurance)
Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)
Theme: Earthforger

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 16, DEX 18, INT 9, WIS 22, CHA 11

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 13, DEX 15, INT 8, WIS 17, CHA 10

AC: 25 Fort: 24 Ref: 23 Will: 25
HP: 94 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 23

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +9, Endurance +16, Intimidate +10, Nature +16, Perception +16

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Arcana +4, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +11, Heal +11, History +4, Insight +11, Religion +4, Stealth +8, Streetwise +5, Thievery +8

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Earthforger Attack: Stone Panoply
Hengeyokai Utility: Nature's Mask
Druid Feature: Wild Shape
Druid Attack 1: Grasping Claws
Druid Attack 1: Grasping Tide (Druid)
Druid Attack 1: Magic Stones
Druid Attack 1: Scattered Form
Druid Attack 1: Savage Frenzy
Druid Utility 2: Barkskin
Druid Attack 3: Ironbreaker's Claws
Druid Attack 5: Vine Serpents
Druid Utility 6: Swarm Dispersal
Druid Attack 7: Charm Beast
Druid Attack 9: Primal Wolf
Druid Utility 10: Armor of the Wild
Dreadnought Attack 11: Inexorable Advance

FEATS
Level 1: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Enraged Boar Form
Level 2: Vicious Advantage
Level 4: Wrathful Warrior
Level 6: Staff Expertise
Level 10: Superior Fortitude
Level 11: Quick Wild Shape
Level 11: Bolstered Swarm

ITEMS
Ritual Book
Animal Messenger
Defensive Staff +1 x1
Staff of Ruin +3 x1
Claw Gloves x1
Viper Belt x1
Bracers of Enforced Regret x1
Marauder's Hide Armor +3 x1
Acrobat Boots x1
Comrades' Succor
Badge of the Berserker +2 x1
====== End ======

It suffers from not having Con as a secondary, but Hengeyokai works too perfectly not to use.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, questions?

I really wish people would avoid popular memes or named characters for their buildbooks.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
You could probably improve on it a bit by going hybrid runepriest with the class option that lets you use con for AC.  Wis/Con (focusing on druid powers) with better melee/ranged DR and good AC.
[20:53] [SadisticFish] yeah Llamas convinced me
I really wish people would avoid popular memes or named characters for their buildbooks.

Honestly it's easier for me to remember them if there is a catchy name associated.  Killswitch is a lot easier to say than warlord/artifier hybrid and Shoot to Thrill is a lot easier to remember than the ranger build that summons Cthullu and ends the world.

Maybe those are easier for me to remember because of my love for rock and metal?  Who knows.

Because CharOp is such Serious Business?  How dare anyone attempt to inject humor into the forum! Humor = LSM!

Give credit where it's due - it inspired the build.
Interesting call on the hybrid runepriest, I'll have to put it together and see how it turns out. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: Took me a minute to realize MeleeECI wasn't being inexplicably rude. Somehow I rewatched the video and still missed that meme Tongue Out

I like it monkey, you know Zath gets a little grumpy sometimes.

I’ve removed content from this thread because of a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

For the record, the "Thanks for the treat, stupid" that was ORC'd was a quote from the youtube video. I didn't catch that at first, either.

As for Zathris, I'm not offended. This wasn't intended to be a serious build in any case, just a theme Smile

Why are you anti-fun? :p

Why are you anti-fun? :p

I'm anti-"people thinking their build is good enough to justify being related to something that's inarguably awesome, when it blatantly isn't"

Killswitch is "ok" because the build is fantastic, this isn't.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
But he doesn't seem to be under any delusions about the build's strength level, so why does that matter? This reads more like a "help me optimize this silly concept" thread than a buildbook meant to help others to me, so full-on optimization isn't really that important, just functionality and mechanics that match the concept.
Now that you mention it, there does appear to be a misunderstanding - I don't have a buildbook, and all of my builds are concept/theme/schtick-focused. If I post them it's usually "hey, check out this thing I made, have any suggestions?" instead of reference builds for other people to use (although the flying ninja makes a solid warlocutioner base for other builds).

I'm sorry if this build doesn't meet your expectations for the honey badger. To be honest, you're right - it's not nearly awesome enough to have that name. Still, it's a theme build, so it'll do for now. That said, I'd genuinely enjoy seeing someone else take on the Ratel and give it the full treatment.
Sign In to post comments