Can we get a confirmed date when duels 2013 will come out?

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
Microbless can we get a confirmed date please some are saying it's on june 12th others are saying june 26,july 3rd please again give us a confirmed date thank you 
id say E3 will give the answer...  even tho i been saying June 12th (PSN) for the longest
July 13th isn't it ? forget where i heard it

July 13th is the release date for the real game, i made a topic coz i tough it was about dotpw 2013 but it wasnt, so this game is coming in June i think, we are getting the release date at E3 i think, E3 is this Monday.

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

July 13th is the release date for the real game, i made a topic coz i tough it was about dotpw 2013 but it wasnt, so this game is coming in June i think, we are getting the release date at E3 i think, E3 is this Monday.

From what I heard the real game is getting something in June to do with Generals and DOTP 2013 is July 13th
Could be completely wrong and it could be the opposite

From what I heard the real game is getting something in June to do with Generals and DOTP 2013 is July 13th
Could be completely wrong and it could be the opposite

Just to clear this up DoTP is said to come out in June because its going to spoil the Magic 2013 core set and the core set comes out on July 13th so it would make sense for it to come out in June
Cool
id say E3 will give the answer...  even tho i been saying June 12th (PSN) for the longest

What day on E3 would news come out about DOTP if it does? Day 1? day 2? or is there no information? I know I saw Wizards of the coast LLC on the show floor. just curious when I should look for information relating to E3 for DOTP2013.

While I can't wait for the game, I'd be surprised if they announced the date less then a week before release. At E3: "Coming out in 5 days". Dunno.

I hope for June 12th anyway.

What day on E3 would news come out about DOTP if it does? Day 1? day 2? or is there no information? I know I saw Wizards of the coast LLC on the show floor. just curious when I should look for information relating to E3 for DOTP2013.

Day 1 because its for xbox and ps3.  day 2 is for nintendo
I hate to say it but if it was coming in less than two weeks, wouldnt it of been noticed on MS's certification process? Summer of Arcade is coming and i imagine this will be one of their titles but most of those have already been leaked. Either way we should find out during the MS press conference, which is on first so thats a plus
From a biz standpoint, June 13 seems most effective. At E3, people who are not forum regulars will see the game and the new decks and have a week or so to get hyped. Any longer than that and the hype halo may start to diminish for some consumers for a game like this.
Honestly, they say, "this summer", the first day of summer is the 20th right? Thats a Wednesday, the day xbla games release. I want 13th, but I'm counting on the 20th.
My initial guess was the 19th/20th (third Tues/Wed in June, same as the previous editions) but there were apparently more compelling arguments for the 12th/13th.

So same. Hoping my original assumption was wrong, but wouldn't be surprised if it was right.

Honestly, they say, "this summer", the first day of summer is the 20th right? Thats a Wednesday, the day xbla games release. I want 13th, but I'm counting on the 20th.

Also, if it helps put your mind at ease, Dotp '12 was said to be released "summer" and it was out on June 15th.
Oh okay good, so then 12 hopefully it is, we will know in a few days prolly.
sry folks but it cannot come out on the 13th doesn't anyone read... magic website it says summer 2012 and the first day of summer is june 20th so earliest day it can come out is the 20th of june
sry folks but it cannot come out on the 13th doesn't anyone read magic website it says summer 2012 and the first day of summer is june 20th so earliest day it can come out is the 20th of june

I've already addressed this. Last year they said the same thing and 2012 was released on the 14th/15th. The game might be released on the 19th/20th, but not merely because they said "summer".

In fact, I'm 99% positive the same argument was made last year and everyone was surprised when we got it on the 14th/15th.

EDIT: Duels 2012 Official Trailer.
Says at the end "Coming this Summer".
sry folks but it cannot come out on the 13th doesn't anyone read magic website it says summer 2012 and the first day of summer is june 20th so earliest day it can come out is the 20th of june

I believe Duels 2012 had the same "Summer 2011" kind of broad lingo, but came out June 15. Soooo, anything is possible.

EDIT: Splattercat's on top of things! 
well i hope i am wrong
well i hope i am wrong

I hope I am too. I've said it was likely to be released the third Tues/Wed in June same as the previous years. This year that puts the release date on the 19th/20th...
Hi there,

I was thinking, if the demo will be shown tomorrow on PSN then it is possible that Magic 2013 will be released next week on 13th!!

If not, what I imagine to happen, we may reckon that the game will be downloadable on 19th/20th of June...Frown

Btw, when they say "coming this summer" I don't think they really mean with that, the beginning of summer time, 21st June!

It may happen between June and August. This is how I understand that!
I hate to be the bringer of bad news but there is no way that DoTP 2013 is coming next week because if it was then Gavin Verhey's closing paragraph makes no sense

Taken from Gavin Verhey's article today: PROOF
"This means that next week I'll be doing another "Zero to Sixty" article—and it's about the right time for one anyway, considering I have a sweet new card from Duels of the Planeswalker to show off!"

Also I find it intresting when he says a new card from Duels of the Planeswalker does this mean that some cards in DoTP are.... EXCLUSIVE to DoTP???  
I'd guess he means he got one of the promo cards they have been giving out with each release
"by this summer"  may not be precise but you can't be sure.
The expansion pack for Civ 5 was said to hit before the end of spring..and now it's known to hit at 19th of june, that's 2 days before summer! So let's hope they arn't very precise as some publishers :P.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
I can't believe this hasn't leaked yet. Do people get to actually play the game today?
The stuff just started, gotta give time guys, and yeah people will be either playing or at least seeing new footage or info in demonstrations.
June 20th is the release date for all platforms, if the supposed press release (and one of the most trustworthy guys on MTGS) is correct.

forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost.php?p=8...
June 20th is the release date for all platforms, if the supposed press release (and one of the most trustworthy guys on MTGS) is correct.

19th for PS3 coz psn store updates only on tuesdays :D

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

still disappointed we have to wait 2 more weeks until it comes out.  Really.... why.....?

At least those of us who already have Magic 09 & 12 should have gotten a 2 week head start lol...
looks like i was right people now you all must bow down before me
looks like i was right people now you all must bow down before me

Yeah....I called the release date like, last year sometime. ;)

You were right on the date, but they didn't set that date because it's the first day of summer.
For whatever reason, Duels of the Planeswalkers always releases on the third Tuesday/Wednesday of June.
For example, Duels 2014 will be advertised as "Coming this Summer" but will be released on June 18th/19th (next summer starts June 21st).
Do you think ps3 will get it the 19th?? Remember with the first one ps3 had to wait forever for it. Something tells me they're not going to get it a day before everyone else. My guess is they'll get i tthe week after. They do updates tuesdays but I doubt they'll make an exception for this.
Do you think ps3 will get it the 19th?? Remember with the first one ps3 had to wait forever for it. Something tells me they're not going to get it a day before everyone else. My guess is they'll get i tthe week after. They do updates tuesdays but I doubt they'll make an exception for this.

The first one PS3 had to wait because it was an X-Box exclusive.
2012 PSN got it Tuesday before the release date.
PSN will get 2013 on the 19th because they did in fact make an exception last time.

The first one PS3 had to wait because it was an X-Box exclusive.
2012 PSN got it Tuesday before the release date.
PSN will get 2013 on the 19th because they did in fact make an exception last time.

Great thanks for the info.
xbigygames.com/magic-the-gathering-duels...

Here is the official blurb:

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 will be arriving on PSN June 19th.

Or the 26th.....

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster