Dungeon Command Rulebook

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wizards has posted a preview of the Rulebook for the upcoming Dungeon Command Miniatures skirmish game:
 www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4...

Looks fun.   
a lot of changes from the playtest, i've noticed:

morale, huh..sounds pretty cool honestly.
puzzle tiles. ugh. to be fair, props for wizards for making a choice and standing by it. but , in all fairness, i won't be investing in this aspect too heavily.

map building will be a major factor in winning, for select terrain could possibly isolate/ pin down certain pieces.

it does look fun, but only two factions to star? rather limiting wizards. especially without any expansion mini boosters , cause i don't believe people are going to purchase two of a faction set just to customize.

=star26
One thing that's not clear to me:

On deployment phase, do you count just creatures that you are deploying that turn to know if your leadership is high enough or do you count all controlled creatures on the battlefield?
Your leadership score is the maximum amount of creature levels, added together, that you can have on the battlefield at one time.

So for example, if you score is 8 and you have 5 levels worth of troops, you can add up to 3 more levels on your deployment phase.

The morale + leadership is basically the same mechanics as the playtest vault thingy, but with clearer flavor IMO. Though the Cower option that lets you lose morale to keep your critter on the field is an interesting twist.

The morale + leadership is basically the same mechanics as the playtest vault thingy, but with clearer flavor IMO. Though the Cower option that lets you lose morale to keep your critter on the field is an interesting twist.

i thought it sounded familliar.

the cower option sounds interesting, however.

Sign In to post comments