Psion House Rules?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been playing in a campaign with a few psions and, as there are no rules for a lot of cool stuff that a psion could potentially do - like scan someone's mind - we've had to introduce a few house rules, i.e. a mind scan would be an Arcana check to invade someone's brain and then an Insight to withdraw the correct information.  I'm just wondering if anybody else has house rules that might be fun to introduce into this campaign.  More interested in the pisonic stuff but really house rules for any class that would improve gameplay and aren't already governed by existing rules are welcome.
I've been playing in a campaign with a few psions and, as there are no rules for a lot of cool stuff that a psion could potentially do - like scan someone's mind - we've had to introduce a few house rules, i.e. a mind scan would be an Arcana check to invade someone's brain and then an Insight to withdraw the correct information.  I'm just wondering if anybody else has house rules that might be fun to introduce into this campaign.  More interested in the pisonic stuff but really house rules for any class that would improve gameplay and aren't already governed by existing rules are welcome.

Be careful with these effects. Once your players know how to use them well, they will break any plot that requires any kind of intrigue. This is why the Psion has none of these abilities by default, and requires houseruling to add back in.

I would consider situational bonuses to Insight, Bluff, Diplomacy or Intimidate following a successful Arcana check. Remember that manifesting any Psionic ability generates a corona around the Psion, so savvy NPCs may realize that something is up, and really savvy ones may know exactly what is going on.

Remember that manifesting any Psionic ability generates a corona around the Psion, so savvy NPCs may realize that something is up, and really savvy ones may know exactly what is going on.

Is this expressly stated as rules text anywhere, or is it just fluff?
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.

www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/d...

Basically there's a lot of optional stuff already published, allowing for minor (mostly-fluff-wise) manipulations doable via psionics, whereas there's also "dangerous" psionic manipulations that allow for additional benefits but with significant drawbacks especially on a failure.
Show

You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what you create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

57047238 wrote:
If you're crossing the street and see a city bus barreling straight toward you with 'GIVE ME YOUR WALLET!' painted across its windshield, you probably won't be reaching for your wallet.
I Don't Always Play Strikers...But When I Do, I Prefer Vampire Stay Thirsty, My Friends
This is what I believe is the spirit of D&D 4E, and my deal breaker for D&D Next: equal opportunities, with distinct specializations, in areas where conflict happens the most often, without having to worry about heavy micromanagement or system mastery. What I hope to be my most useful contributions to the D&D Community: DM Idea: Collaborative Mapping, Classless 4E (homebrew system, that hopefully helps in D&D Next development), Gamma World 7E random character generator (by yours truly), and the Concept of Perfect Imbalance (for D&D Next and other TRPGs in development) Pre-3E D&D should be recognized for what they were: simulation wargames where people could tell stories with The Best Answer to "Why 4E?" Fun vs. Engaging
Remember that manifesting any Psionic ability generates a corona around the Psion, so savvy NPCs may realize that something is up, and really savvy ones may know exactly what is going on.

Is this expressly stated as rules text anywhere, or is it just fluff?

So ... Corona is made with psionics ... ;P? 

Sign In to post comments