3.5 shade template

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm thinking about a character I would make if the one I'm playing now were to die. Im thinking a human shade warlock/bloodMagnus, just something completely different and strange. Now my questions are the CR of the shade template from FMCS is +2 but the LA from rof is +4, am I missing something there aren't any HD given with the template. Also I was going to make a shade before and my dm said it would cost me 20k gold from my start up money I can't find any info on the "ritual" if anyone knows where I can find this info that would be awesome.

Thanx

I think between me and my friends we have all the 3.5 books so that's not an issue. 
that race afaik only exists in the frcs and maybe lords of darkness. and aslo afaik there is no ritual to become one thats ever been presented.

the cr is the challenge rating and the la is the level adjustment which means your character will start out as a lvl 4 character...

and its the what not abilities that come with it. LA is overrated and over broken.

Id get with your dm and see if he'll let the abilities to scale with your character so that all spell like abilties are cast at your character's level.

a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
also.... they might be in champions of ruin too....
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
The FRCS errata document (www.wizards.com/dnd/files/FRCSerrata.pdf) adjusted the template's LA to +5. But our group uses the +4 Races of Faerun version, which I think supercedes both the FRCS and the errata. As for the ritual, I don't recall reading any rules on that.
Sign In to post comments