Double Accurate

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Say I have proficiency with ki focuses and daggers as implements.  If I take the feats and pick up an Accurate Ki Focus and an Accurate Dagger, can I benefit from both of them at once on melee attacks?  I think I can because superior implements are mundane equipment, so the +1 to hit is a non-magic property and thus still in play if I decide to use my ki focus's properties when I attack.  Am I wrong?
You can only use one weapon for an attack.  Unless you're a Hexblade, but they're a special case and can't do what you're wanting to do anyway.

Also, if you're talking about using the magic of the ki focus when attacking with the dagger, then that means it's a Weapon attack (meaning, has the Weapon keyword) which then means you'll get neither Accurate bonus, since superior implement properties only function on implement attacks. 
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
No because the +1 from Superior Implement only applies to Implement attacks, and you can only make such an attack with one implement at a time.

"Not only are you wrong, but I even created an Excel spreadsheet to show you how wrong you are." --James Wyatt, May 2006

Dilige, et quod vis fac

No because the +1 from Superior Implement only applies to Implement attacks, and you can only make such an attack with one implement at a time.

That's what I originally thought, but when I looked at the entry for the Accurate Dagger it reads: "Accurate (You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls made with an accurate implement.)"

You can only use one weapon for an attack.  Unless you're a Hexblade, but they're a special case and can't do what you're wanting to do anyway.

When you make a weapon attack using a ki focus, though, you get to use the ki focus's properties but still need to use the mundane properties of a weapon you're wielding, like damage dice and proficiency bonus.

Wait, nevermind.  It looks like it got updated for Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium.  That should probably have found its way into the Compendium by now.
The superior implement properties only working on implement attacks is in AV, for sure, and may be in PHB3 as well.  Just the Accurate property isn't the entire rule.  I mean, it's not that it's wrong, it just doesn't reprint the general restriction in each property. 
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Sign In to post comments