The dead rise and mobilize!

56 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, after a series of articles in the news, all I hear on the internet is two words... "ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE".  Sounds pretty crazy, possibly fabricated.  Though, we've had some pretty weird cases that remind me of the events leading up to Resident Evil 1 and 2 (the video games of course).  Yeah, not creepy in the slightest.  It could be people just dealing with the same old problems and other people warped on drugs... or it could be something else!  Is is just a load of superstition and paranoia?  ... Or is it?

An undead spectre occasionally returning to remind the fandom of its grim existence.

Some good pointers for the fellow hobbyist!:

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
It's the drugs.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Of course.  After seeing Nash's main show on TGWTG, that seems to be an easy diagnosis for CRAZY.  But, after a series of weird, weird things going on, it's easy to hype up "ZOMG ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, GUYS!  GRAB YER GUNS!"  But seriously, there's been a lot of strange things going on lately.  I mean, bizarre things happen all the time (fact, stranger than fiction) and people do have overactive imaginations.  Still, it's fun to pretend... right?

An undead spectre occasionally returning to remind the fandom of its grim existence.

• JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
Of course.  After seeing Nash's main show on TGWTG, that seems to be an easy diagnosis for CRAZY.  But, after a series of weird, weird things going on, it's easy to hype up "ZOMG ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, GUYS!  GRAB YER GUNS!"  But seriously, there's been a lot of strange things going on lately.  I mean, bizarre things happen all the time (fact, stranger than fiction) and people do have overactive imaginations.  Still, it's fun to pretend... right?

Meh... I live in Miami. These stories aren't as bizarre to me as they may be to you. See
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
I'm starting to see why Nash targets Florida in his show.  It seems that crazy seems to cluster up there (no offense!)  I'm starting to wonder if some new strain of hallucinagenic is spreading.  I mean, stuff like acid makes people do horrible acts... apparently including eating another person's face.  But, on that offhand 1% chance, well...  Ever played Resident Evil 1 and get to that part in the beginning where you see your comrade, "Kennith"?

• JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
Meh. I'm much more concerned with robots killing off us squishy humans.

Or maybe it's just my futile imagination wanting to be painlessly vaporized instead of mauled and eaten alive.

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1223957875/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

I'm starting to see why Nash targets Florida in his show.  It seems that crazy seems to cluster up there (no offense!)  I'm starting to wonder if some new strain of hallucinagenic is spreading.  I mean, stuff like acid makes people do horrible acts... apparently including eating another person's face.

Who is Nash?
Anyways, there are plenty of interesting stories that don't even make it on to the news. This weekend a friend of mine was shopping at a Macys and two guys got into a fight in the perfume section. One guy picked the other guy up and slammed him through the display case. People just kept on going about their business while these two guys tried to kill each other. 
 But, on that offhand 1% chance, well...  Ever played Resident Evil 1 and get to that part in the beginning where you see your comrade, "Kennith"?

Yes. I played it for 10 minutes and got bored. 

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Or maybe it's just my futile imagination wanting to be painlessly vaporized instead of mauled and eaten alive.

I think your death at the metllic hands of robots is up to Klirshon.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Who?

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

I'm starting to see why Nash targets Florida in his show.  It seems that crazy seems to cluster up there (no offense!)  I'm starting to wonder if some new strain of hallucinagenic is spreading.  I mean, stuff like acid makes people do horrible acts... apparently including eating another person's face.

Who is Nash?
Anyways, there are plenty of interesting stories that don't even make it on to the news. This weekend a friend of mine was shopping at a Macys and two guys got into a fight in the perfume section. One guy picked the other guy up and slammed him through the display case. People just kept on going about their business while these two guys tried to kill each other. 

He has a show on That Guy With The Glasses (Nostalgia Critic's website/media network) where he analyzes stupid things people do.  (Usually Not Work Safe)

• JUST ENJOY THE GAME!

Who?

He isn't going to like that you don't know who he is. 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
snippity snip snip
He isn't going to like that you don't know who he is. 

Tried googling him . . . Nothing to explain this mysterious situation.

I'll go hole up in my Robot Haven now, equipped with everything I need to survive for several years -- video games and an internet connection.

EDIT: And crap. Have no clue why my text is suddenly in a quote box. >.> Gosh, it's screwed up bad...

It won't end well for you. 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
It's not some new hyper LSD, it's bath salts.  Plain and simple bath salts.  Nothing to fret over.  Er ... wait ...
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

video games and an internet connection.

And you think you'll be safe?
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
So, bath salts turn people into zombies now.  Me thinks this'll cause some major changes in retail...

• JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
True, that's far more believable.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

yeppers. I've never heard of a naked zombie, but i have heard of naked lycanthropes.  They're like the hulk in that they have nothing they can do except burst out of their clothing.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

It seems the Zombie apocolypse is spreading.

www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harfo...

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
yeppers. I've never heard of a naked zombie, but i have heard of naked lycanthropes.  They're like the hulk in that they have nothing they can do except burst out of their clothing.

I take you've never watched Return of the Living Dead?  *MORE BRAAAINS!*  Also, Lycanthropes?  That's a different case entirely! 

• JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
Some guy in Jersey tossed his own innards at police?  Man, how can you not love the times we live in!

Section Six Soldier

Some guy in Jersey tossed his own innards at police?  Man, how can you not love the times we live in!

That made you hungry, didn't it?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

I don't live too far away from where that happened...  I'm guessing he was on bath salts too?  Or was it an elaborate cover up for a conspiracy of the living dead?

• JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
That made you hungry, didn't it?

H ... ungry.  Yeah, hungry is the 'h' word I'm lookin' for. 

I don't live too far away from where that happened...  I'm guessing he was on bath salts too?  Or was it an elaborate cover up for a conspiracy of the living dead?

The article I read didn't say anything.  I would guess toxicology results are pending, though.

Section Six Soldier

So I'm watching the local news and there is a story about zombie-guy and apperantly he had a run-in with an ex-boxer/MMA fighter a few years ago. The news station doesn't have the interview video up yet, but when it's up, I'll link it. 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
So I'm watching the local news and there is a story about zombie-guy and apperantly he had a run-in with an ex-boxer/MMA fighter a few years ago. The news station doesn't have the interview video up yet, but when it's up, I'll link it. 

You would think that he would've run out of his innards by now.

Wrong guy.  You're thinking of the New Jersey out-testines guy.  The Squirrel lives in Miami, so he was talking about the face-eater.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls

Wrong guy.  You're thinking of the New Jersey out-testines guy.  The Squirrel lives in Miami, so he was talking about the face-eater.

Yup, and here is the video I was talking about.
www.wsvn.com/video/category/top-video/

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

She's not bad but what does the forcast have to do with anything?

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

Machine society would eventually colonise other planets. We might as well keep humanity alive to "work" for the squirrels.

She was forecasting doom!!! Doom!!!

Not sure why the video I wanted to link isn't linking properly.  
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Machine society would eventually colonise other planets. We might as well keep humanity alive to "work" for the squirrels.

Yes, "work" for the squirrels.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Yes, "work" for the squirrels.

Okay, I can understand the otters.

I can understand the trolls.

But what is so special about squirrels??

(Maybe frequenting this OTT forum is not the best prescription for preserving sanity.)

(Maybe frequenting this OTT forum is not the best prescription for preserving sanity.)

You don't know? You really don't know? Obviously you have suffered a traumatic brain injury. Your carcas will be made into a somewhat nutritional wafer that will then be fed to the other enslaved humans.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

You don't know? You really don't know? Obviously you have suffered a traumatic brain injury. Your carcas will be made into a somewhat nutritional wafer that will then be fed to the other enslaved humans.

Soylent Green is people!!!
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?

Soylent Green is people!!!

No, soylent green was actually nutritional. The Buzzhorn1-wafer is only somewhat nutritional. I'm going to load it with high-fructose corn syrup, artificial coloring, artificial flavoring, trans-fats, and all the other garbage you humans love to gorge yourselves on.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
No, soylent green was actually nutritional. The Buzzhorn1-wafer is only somewhat nutritional. I'm going to lad it with high-fructose corn syrup, artificial coloring, artificial flavoring, trans-fats, and all the other garbage you humans love to gorge yourselves on.

Can you just make it a Buzzhorn1 Twinkie, instead?  That way, it'll stay with me forevah! 
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
No, soylent green was actually nutritional. The Buzzhorn1-wafer is only somewhat nutritional. I'm going to lad it with high-fructose corn syrup, artificial coloring, artificial flavoring, trans-fats, and all the other garbage you humans love to gorge yourselves on.

Can you just make it a Buzzhorn1 Twinkie, instead?  That way, it'll stay with me forevah! 

Even I am not so cruel an over lord. Seriously, what kind of a jerk would purposefully give a person a twinky to eat? A terrible person that's who!
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

She was forecasting doom!!! Doom!!!

Not sure why the video I wanted to link isn't linking properly.  

It is linking properly but just isn't linking to what you want it to. The page you linked to rotates videos since it's in the "top videos" section and whatnot.

Yup. Especially if you want to stay zen.

What are you talking about?  Frothing, impotent rage is the new zen, yo-ski.

Section Six Soldier

Sign In to post comments