Human Deck; Decent play, but needs work.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I've built this deck to play against my friends, it's no tournament quality deck, but it's fun. However, I wouldn't mind help setting it up for tourney quality stuff! However, even though it's casual, I want to keep it standard.

Right now it runs good against anything that... well... doesn't try to counter it. However, Burns, Counters, and Destro cards are killing me. I was told that I should mix in Green or Blue to help out with this. The deck tends to run medium speed to as fast as 4 or 5 turn win. If you have any thoughts on how to make it run faster, I'd like that!

Anways, heres the list:

Creatures
1x Avacyn, Angel of Hope 
1x Angel of Glory's Rise
1x Herald of War
2x Elgaud Shieldmate
4x Adaptive Automaton
4x Thraben Doomsayer
2x Sliverblade Paladin
2x Mikaeus, the Lunarch
4x Champion of The Parish

Spells
1x Cathars' Crusade
1x Increasing Devotion
4x Bonds of Faith
4x Gather the Townsfolk
2x Mana Leak
1x Burden of Guilt
4x Cloudshift

Lands
4x Cavern of Souls
4x Glacial Fortress
16x Plains

The Creatures are (I think) self explanatory; Thraben adds tokens which fuels Champion, Mikaeus and the Automatons add counters to all cards, Elgaud protects Mikaeus or Thraben, Paladin bonds with Champ or Herald, Angel gets back my creatures that are destro'd, Avacyn Protects everything.

The spells help garner tokens or counters (Cathars, Gather, Increasing) Whereas Burden and Cloudshift protect my cards from getting destro'd. Bonds of Faith either helps my creatures or hinders my opponent. Mana Leak, well that's self explanatory.

I've played this deck a few times and it's decent, but I feel it could use a bit of work. Any help would be appreciated on this! 
Drop Avacyn, Angel of Hope. Can't think of anything to replace her with yet, but she costs way too much mana for your deck. Assuming you hit a land drop every turn, Angel of Hope will come out on turn...8. You said you kill them by turn 4 or 5. It does look like fun though!
Sign In to post comments