Needed in the Next/5th edition Game!

What does everyone feel about the Next system? I'm loving what they've got so far, but am already craving options.

I want to take my current 4th ed character and be able to directly transer him over to 5 e Next ruleset..

I want 5th ed and 4th ed monsters options for variety and DM control. I like 4th ed hit points to better allow characters to live longer than 3 levels. 
 Also, feet and squares should both be written down for options of playing with or without a grid. In all editions, the DM stll had to stop to do the math and this puts an uneeded pause into the game.

Make sure the game has accommodation for 2 or more players, to better get friends not familiar with the product more easily involved.

put character backgrounds and theme challenges into future adventures, to add to combat, puzzles, riddles etc. for more immersion, ... for combat or non combat challenges. The Next edition Background skills and Themes need to be put to viable use, to perpetuate the storytelling and possible overall achievement of said game. The farming, blacksmithing, cow milking, etc. must have a purpose and not just be empty filler.

And lastly, in real life it's always simplified to a chance of 50/50; you may be a fighter fighting bugbears in a forest, but what are the odds that nature (or the gods)will have a tree branch snap off from bad weather at that time and crack you in the head, killing you or your enemy or both instantly? I'd say about 50/50 .

I also like the idea of a max damage and roll again for a critcal hit, as in real life, I can still kill a 500 lb man with dull dagger if I hit the right place and put down the right amount of force..
I'd also like to see DarkSun weapon destruction or -1,-2,-3 to weapons, as well as Dragon shard augmentations for weapons and armor in the basic system, this will give the blacksmith some purpose and reason for advancment.

I love the balance of 4th edtion characters, but love the chaos that the original Deck of Many Things or Rug Of Mothering added to the game.
Also, I currently use 3rd and 4th edition monsters for more variety and DM control. I want that option left in the Next rules.
I'm afraid they might lose the balance of the characters now that they're returning to an older system. This was needed in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and was only corrected to near perfction in 4th. Chaos was meant to stay in the DM's hands and dice rolls, in my opinion. The players add enough chaos to the equation all on their own.
You say you want the game to be approachable for new players unfamiliar with rpg conventions.

Then you say you want even the basic rules to incorporate themes, background modifiers, a skills system, grid combat options, and weapon depreciation modifiers.

Those goals are mutually exclusive.
Which one do you actually want?

I’ve removed content from this thread because explicit content is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: company.wizards.com/conduct

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

You say you want the game to be approachable for new players unfamiliar with rpg conventions.

Then you say you want even the basic rules to incorporate themes, background modifiers, a skills system, grid combat options, and weapon depreciation modifiers.

Those goals are mutually exclusive.
Which one do you actually want?

no they're not. The grid system and the foot system are exactly the same thing. 5 feet is still 1 square, burst one is still 15 square feet or 15 foot radius. I just don't want to do the math. 
You say you want the game to be approachable for new players unfamiliar with rpg conventions. Then you say you want even the basic rules to incorporate themes, background modifiers, a skills system, grid combat options, and weapon depreciation modifiers. Those goals are mutually exclusive. Which one do you actually want?

no they're not. The grid system and the foot system are exactly the same thing. 5 feet is still 1 square, burst one is still 15 square feet or 15 foot radius. I just don't want to do the math. 

Some players dont even run off of a grid system. Some players love the freeformedness of using a measuring tape to move their characters around. This is even more so for players who are using terrains from Warhammer series.
exactly, so they do the math and print both for options.
You also need to realize that that are leaving a lot to the DM to figure out. I am guaranteeing they will be encouraging house rules and DM interpretation. They aren't going to pack every rule every player wants because that would be unreasonable. Instead they leave core, fundamental, and very elastic rules that can fit any situation. Such as the user who wanted damageable weapons. This could be simple tally marks and then when it is damaged, it can provide a disadvantage or even only partial damage. Again, they are trying to make the game fit a world of gamers with different tastes.
You also need to realize that that are leaving a lot to the DM to figure out. I am guaranteeing they will be encouraging house rules and DM interpretation. They aren't going to pack every rule every player wants because that would be unreasonable. Instead they leave core, fundamental, and very elastic rules that can fit any situation. Such as the user who wanted damageable weapons. This could be simple tally marks and then when it is damaged, it can provide a disadvantage or even only partial damage. Again, they are trying to make the game fit a world of gamers with different tastes.

I agree. A toolbox approach might be much better. I've got a real beef with buying so many books thoughout the years and not being able to get something out of them for the Next system. 
Some players don't use grid or feet, "you are in a room and so are 60 Orcs, FIGHT" or a simple "the party can see 60 Orcs up ahead and they see you.  Right now you are in missle range, it will take you 2 turns of movement to get into hand to hand."  When I GM I try to you zones, something like my ranged good guys over here, the hand to hand guys all mashed in the middle and then enemy ranged guys over there.  Nice and simple.  I don't want a robuster (is that a word?) grid or foot system, I don't want to do that math I want to spend time telling a story, killing stuff and getting treasure. 

I want to see a very robust and even dare I say complex character creation system.  Creation can take a while so that you save time with game play.  I want the days of old back where each player could play 2-4 characters if they wanted.  In 3, 3.5, Pathfinder and 4th that really wasn't an option.

This is why they publish expansion books..