Nanny Nuckles, Goblin Midwife

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

I've always had a problem in that whilst I love big mana EDH decks there aren't any ideal generals in the colours I want, the following is an idea for one that acts a bit like Omnath in that it's basically a big battery.

I've only got a small inkling of what I'm doing so please offer as much help as you can.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nanny Nuckles, Goblin Midwife

Legendary Creature- Goblin Shaman (M)

Haste

: Put X 1/1 red goblin creature tokens into play.

: Sacrifice X creatures, for every creature sacrificed in this way add  , or to your mana pool.

P2/T2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time for some thrilling heroics....
The flavor is epic, but it seems like potentially silly combo fodder. Blood Artist turns this into a repeatable Drain Life, for example.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

The flavor is epic, but it seems like potentially silly combo fodder. Blood Artist turns this into a repeatable Drain Life, for example.

Is there away I could make it less breakable?
Not easily. Even if you make her exile the tokens, you can still do insane things with Goblin Bombardment, Voracious Dragon or even a simple Goblin Chieftain.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Not easily. Even if you make her exile the tokens, you can still do insane things with Goblin Bombardment, Voracious Dragon or even a simple Goblin Chieftain.

Would adding a life loss clause to the 1st ability and changing the second ability to exiling rather than sacrificing work? Or would it be just too punitive?

Would adding a life loss clause to the 1st ability and changing the second ability to exiling rather than sacrificing work? Or would it be just too punitive?

Yes and yes. Consider a card like goblin offensive, then consider that this is more effective and repeatable. I do like the second ability, but I think the first ability needs a fair bit of tweak. Rather than making it an X cost, how about have the cost being exiling a goblin card from your graveyard to make more goblins. A sort of cycle of life feel (although this is probably more fitting for lorwyn goblins than other planes).

I like how the two abilities go together, but I think the first one needs to be changed to keep it from being absurd. Perhaps have the first ability cost XX. Also, haste might be a nice bonus for her to have.

Yes and yes. Consider a card like goblin offensive, then consider that this is more effective and repeatable. I do like the second ability, but I think the first ability needs a fair bit of tweak. Rather than making it an X cost, how about have the cost being exiling a goblin card from your graveyard to make more goblins. A sort of cycle of life feel (although this is probably more fitting for lorwyn goblins than other planes).

I like how the two abilities go together, but I think the first one needs to be changed to keep it from being absurd. Perhaps have the first ability cost XX. Also, haste might be a nice bonus for her to have.

So the second ability doesn't need changing? And if the 1st ability was  would it need the life loss or would that be enough?

So the second ability doesn't need changing? And if the 1st ability was  would it need the life loss or would that be enough?

I think the second ability is fine, especially given a card like phyrexian altar and that she needs to tap to use it.

It might be fine at that cost. I think it'd be okay, but someone else's insight might say otherwise and they might have a pretty good reason. Life loss wouldn't be necessary.
Sign In to post comments