[PC2-ICD] Bloodhill Bastion

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
this one is pretty awesome.
Maybe there's two different "sides" to the place, a la Lorwyn/Shadowmoor; in one half time has slowed to a crawl, while in the other, time is hyper accelerated.

Just a guess...
Seems cool.  Not exactly sure what that artwork is though.

Perhaps it is referring to a bastion from the Eon fog? The background of the art appears to be a circular wall of clouds or fog.

This could be state of things before it came to an end because the planes have relation to current state in time.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
I see it as the The Eon Fog being like a particular part of the plane, while this Bastion is located someplace away from the Fog, like a small Society or Town, or the equvilant of that on this plane, I mean, isn't there some Weird creature in the picture, cause it looks WEIRD and I'm guessing thats a denizin of this plane location?
I see it as the The Eon Fog being like a particular part of the plane, while this Bastion is located someplace away from the Fog, like a small Society or Town, or the equvilant of that on this plane, I mean, isn't there some Weird creature in the picture, cause it looks WEIRD and I'm guessing thats a denizin of this plane location?

Well this plane is "done" the plane ran the corse of it's existence and no just sits there one of the oldest planes urza discovered it. The plane isn't dead just "went cold" so being that there is a quickness to this card I would thing it takes place before it got done.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
I do remember reading that.. hmm.. I do understand it also being a before the Fog card, but a few other option could be the Plane maybe be done but what about its inhabatiants? Maybe the Bastion is a living thing and the Plane is "Gone Cold" but the people still keep warm. Or, maybe this is a after thing, maybe the Plane "restarted" itself. I know not as likely, but just thinking of other possiblities.

I enjoy planechase, it brings up new ideas and questions about the vastness of a universe we are just getting started to explore.
Well they don't release the planar cards in the order of things happening. If I was going to take a bet it would take place before there are no inhabatiants when urza went there. It was like his prison of solitude a space to just relax and think all alone. Use a. Search engine that is what I did, it is the best way to get for dummies version of the story arc's and history of planes walkers ect.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
I understand the planes aren't released in order, just saying there is a lot of different ways the pieces of this plane could line up to how the Fog is the plane gone cold, and the Bastion being a faster piece of the plane. Just speculating on possiblities.

Edit: And I did Search Equilor, it says that there were people on the plane even when Urza arrived, so there is a possiblity that Eon Fog is just the beginnings of the end of the plane a a few other pieces of it still had life. All speculation though, until "real" information is given to us.
I understand the planes aren't released in order, just saying there is a lot of different ways the pieces of this plane could line up to how the Fog is the plane gone cold, and the Bastion being a faster piece of the plane. Just speculating on possiblities.

Edit: And I did Search Equilor, it says that there were people on the plane even when Urza arrived, so there is a possiblity that Eon Fog is just the beginnings of the end of the plane a a few other pieces of it still had life. All speculation though, until "real" information is given to us.

Yeah I haven't read it in a while I just knew urza spent lots of time thinking and planing the events that stopes phyrexain invasion of domimia.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
The art looks like a mountain of gore, minus the blood. Like gutting a pig after you drain it's blood. Then there is that naked sphinx with no wings... That place looks... Interesting to say the least...
Photobucket
Art kinda reminds me of Blood Lust.
The thing to notice is the clouds and sun. This seems pretty conclusive that its very far in the past, as currently everything is stopped. Even if this was on the other side or something you wouldn't have clouds or a sun.
The thing to notice is the clouds and sun. This seems pretty conclusive that its very far in the past, as currently everything is stopped. Even if this was on the other side or something you wouldn't have clouds or a sun.

I would more or less not say it is different time periods, or dismensions of the same plane, but just another area. A red mana area, like this place would have a way different magical effects than the say, blue like area, which would be the eon fog. Just Saiyan.

Art kinda reminds me of Blood Lust.

So I am not the only one who things it is gore-geous. ;D I'm full of bad puns today.
Photobucket
Except that it has no mana.

What has no mana, this couls be the mountains, or red alligned area is all I said. Whic the opposite effect would be a blue area, the eon fog, which does resemble an island-like area or blue area.
Photobucket

What has no mana, this couls be the mountains, or red alligned area is all I said. Whic the opposite effect would be a blue area, the eon fog, which does resemble an island-like area or blue area.

The plane itself has no mana.  It is a dead plane.  No parts of it produce mana of any kind.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Thank you azure.
Thank you azure.

It being a dead plane though does leave me to wonder:  with the advent of the neo-'Walkers who do not have unlimited stores of mana at their disposal, how do they planeswalk to and from this place since there's no mana to draw on to fuel their 'Walking ways?

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Does walking take mana? And they are hopefully smart enough to bring mana artifacts or not go at all, since there is nothing there.
Well in-game 'Walking takes mana, so......

Well in-game 'Walking takes mana, so......

Only if you are in a hurry.
Also, 'walkers can draw on extra-planar sources for mana. They aren't limited to using the mana around them, so they can do things even on a dead plane. It's just harder.
Rules Nut Advisor
Also, 'walkers can draw on extra-planar sources for mana. They aren't limited to using the mana around them, so they can do things even on a dead plane. It's just harder.

Cosidering in Purifying Fire, Chandra and Gideon planeswalk to a plane that has only Black mana, and then are incapable of casting spells or planeswalking away because they can't get mana there, I don't think neowalkers CAN draw mana from extra-planar sources anymore. And they definitely wouldn't be able to planeswalk away from a plane without any mana.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)

Cosidering in Purifying Fire, Chandra and Gideon planeswalk to a plane that has only Black mana, and then are incapable of casting spells or planeswalking away because they can't get mana there, I don't think neowalkers CAN draw mana from extra-planar sources anymore. And they definitely wouldn't be able to planeswalk away from a plane without any mana.

...Huh. I could have sword I saw something where neowalkers used extra-planar mana... either I'm crazy or the lore isn't consistent.

Probably the former.
Rules Nut Advisor

Maybe they just weren't smart enough to. I thought Jace did it in AoA, but I could be wrong. What I want to know is why they couldn't just draw on the black mana to planeswalk.
No, the Plane just had a powerful curse that kept people from casting spells unless the Prince allowed it.

Then the curse broke and Chandra lit the prince on fire.
The art looks really weird, like some snail with it's organs turned inside out....

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13