Java 7 Issues

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
After my computer updated to Java 7 yesterday, I've noticed more problems with the VT:

Audio problems (hear but be heard, etc.)

No access to the cloud (maps, etc.)

Lock up of the program (you can play in the VT, but when you go to close you can't, have to force quit)

Parts of the VT not working (powers, dice roller, etc.)

Anybody seen similar?
--- -S. My campaign wiki: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/noble-house

D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

After my computer updated to Java 7 yesterday, I've noticed more problems with the VT:

Lock up of the program (you can play in the VT, but when you go to close you can't, have to force quit)

Anybody seen similar?

Nope.  When I upgraded to Java 7, I had more drastic problems, so I immediately switched back to Java 6, and haven't had problems since...  except for once when I needed to clear Java Cache...
"Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor? NOW you're scared!" - Rose Tyler

Anybody seen similar?

Nope.  When I upgraded to Java 7, I had more drastic problems, so I immediately switched back to Java 6, and haven't had problems since...  except for once when I needed to clear Java Cache...

what is the easiest way for me to do this

edit- i have java 6 and it still doing this all of sudden
Try clearing the cache..  go to control panel > Java (go to icon view if you can't find it) on the General tab, click Settings > then at the bottom, click Delete Files.

That process usually works...  If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling java..  control panel, uninstall.. and then you can grab java 6 here
www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/d... 
"Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor? NOW you're scared!" - Rose Tyler

Anybody seen similar?

what is the easiest way for me to do this

edit- i have java 6 and it still doing this all of sudden

Yes we are having similar issues and it seems to effect different players every Friday.  Usually the DM is having the issues also, but we are not all running Java 7.