Year of the Messenger

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
i could be wrong on this but the last information on this was that it failed to show up ? myth has it that it brang information to the dragon ? ive done a search maybe not a very good one but has anyone done a write up on this as to what it was ? why it failed to show up ? any sugestion are welcome.. i  want to include it in a major story down the line .. ive come up witha few ideas ( please dont chuckle,lol i am already ) ok here it is ... who or what would contact for whatever reason the dragon? and more important why? just a hint remember the evil life masters (halings) well they were just a thought.. thanks 
This is from the old Dark Sun FAQ:

What happened to the messenger?

[$Date: 2001/06/01 02:37:18 $]
For sure, nobody knows.

However, at one point Lynn Abby mentioned that the messenger was, in fact, a vessel used by some ancient halflings, and that had landed. The idea presented was widely regarded with utter horror by the list at large, so maybe it's a good thing that this was never followed up on.

This is from the old Dark Sun FAQ:

What happened to the messenger?

[$Date: 2001/06/01 02:37:18 $]
For sure, nobody knows.

However, at one point Lynn Abby mentioned that the messenger was, in fact, a vessel used by some ancient halflings, and that had landed. The idea presented was widely regarded with utter horror by the list at large, so maybe it's a good thing that this was never followed up on.

Oh, funny. In which book she said that ? Brazen gambit or cinnabar shadows ?
It wasn't in one of her books. It was in a Dark Sun mailing list post from YEARS and YEARS (circa late 90's?) ago.
Ah ? I can understand why fans dislike that idea, but I don't actually think it's a very bad idea Yell
neither do i that's why i will use its disappearance to introduce another threat to dark sun, the nature benders.
neither do i that's why i will use its disappearance to introduce another threat to dark sun, the nature benders.

Good idea, good idea. I think I'll do something like that too. 
As I heard it a few years ago, the Messenger was a lifeshaped vessel, an idea of Troy Denning's. Then, when Dark Sun was cancelled, all of the ideas that would have gone along with it (and lifeshaping) were reworked into the Yuuzhan Vong in Star Wars. The parallels are too close to discount this line of reasoning. IIRC, it was going to have 3 rhulisti (one or 2 were Nature Benders) that were going to try and remake Athas into something closer to the Blue Age. And there was going to be a huge Kreen invasion due to the rift that opened in the Jagged Cliffs.