D&D Next Playtest DM SCREEN

Here's a DM Screen I created for the playtest.  There's not a lot of information in the playtest material so there's some extra space, some of which I filled with pictures.  I usually create a screen for every edition I play.  It's nothing special.  I just use OpenOffice which is free.  I usually print my screens on card stock then slide them into some plastic sheet protectors.  The shell types are the best because they're rigid.  But I've used the soft plastic protectors, and if you slide an extra blank card stock sheet in behind the screen, it helps make it more rigid.  Also, I usually print out some artwork for the back on photo paper and slide it in behind the screen facing the player side, so the players have some nice fantasy art to look at. 

I generally bind the panels together with some good, ole fashioned, black duct tape.  I cut a strip for the outside and inside of the pannel, leaving enough space between the sheets to fold the screen easily.  Because the duct tape is threaded, it makes for a fairly durable binder.

Anyway, here's the link.  Like I said, it's nothing special, but you might find it useful.

docs.google.com/open?id=0BxqOzfLumq28Wnl...

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

Thanks!
"I'm just killing time, since it's killing us." --Cyon Fal'Duur, Pathfinder Chronicler: Rogue Ascendant

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

thanks.

it was nice to see a hot elf chick before they take them out of the game due to political correctness, and make them fat and ugly so feelings arent hurt
thanks.

it was nice to see a hot elf chick before they take them out of the game due to political correctness, and make them fat and ugly so feelings arent hurt

unless you're the formerly hot elf chick I suppose
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
That's awesome, thanks!

Resident Basement Dwelling Freak of Dice

I had actually started working on this last night for myself.  Thanks!  

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it.  I sat down last night and threw it together for the game this weekend.  Looking forward to playtesting this system.  The rules are pretty simple, you probably don't need the screen, but I figured it'd give me something to roll behind when I needed to and it never hurts to have a quick reference should you need it, rather than having to scroll through a PDF for what you're looking for.  Now you can leave the PDF page on something like spells or anything you'll need to reference often.

Anyway, happy to help.

You have excellent taste in art. 

Thanks for the screen! 
Yoink! This will be a nice aid.  I haven't gone through it completely, but one type-o jumped out at me on page 2 "CREATUR SIZE", but no biggie.
Here's a DM Screen I created for the playtest.  There's not a lot of information in the playtest material so there's some extra space, some of which I filled with pictures.  I usually create a screen for every edition I play.  It's nothing special.  I just use OpenOffice which is free.  I usually print my screens on card stock then slide them into some plastic sheet protectors.  The shell types are the best because they're rigid.  But I've used the soft plastic protectors, and if you slide an extra blank card stock sheet in behind the screen, it helps make it more rigid.  Also, I usually print out some artwork for the back on photo paper and slide it in behind the screen facing the player side, so the players have some nice fantasy art to look at. 

I generally bind the panels together with some good, ole fashioned, black duct tape.  I cut a strip for the outside and inside of the pannel, leaving enough space between the sheets to fold the screen easily.  Because the duct tape is threaded, it makes for a fairly durable binder.

Anyway, here's the link.  Like I said, it's nothing special, but you might find it useful.

docs.google.com/open?id=0BxqOzfLumq28cE1...

Oh, very nice screen!
Yoink! This will be a nice aid.  I haven't gone through it completely, but one type-o jumped out at me on page 2 "CREATUR SIZE", but no biggie.

LoL.  Thanks for the heads up.  It was late when I finished it last night, and though I tried to proofread it for errors, I was tired and my "proofread" was little more than an quick over speed read.  That fact that I missed an error in one of the main headings shows you how well that turned out.

Anyway, I've edited the link in the original post to provide the corrected version of the screen. And I'll be deleting the old one, so grab the new one if you like.

Let me know if you find any more errors and I'll correct them.

you ROCK!

I was just thinking "how am I going to run this tonight without having to look stuff up all the time!

Thanks!
"If it's not a conjuration, how did the wizard con·jure/ˈkänjər/Verb 1. Make (something) appear unexpectedly or seemingly from nowhere as if by magic. it?" -anon "Why don't you read fire·ball / fī(-ə)r-ˌbȯl/ and see if you can find the key word con.jure /'kən-ˈju̇r/ anywhere in it." -Maxperson
you ROCK!

I was just thinking "how am I going to run this tonight without having to look stuff up all the time!

Thanks!

No problem, you're welcome.  I'll be running a game tonight as well, maybe tomorrow too.  It's why I threw it together.  Glad I could help you with your game as a bonus.

To digitally copy and distribute D&D Next material in whole or in part violate the Online Playtesting Agreement:

Confidentiality: As part of your!participation as a D&D Next playtester, you will receive Playtest Materials that are proprietary and highly confidential to Wizards. You agree not to copy, excerpt, distribute (either in physical or digital format), publish, display, disseminate, release and/or transmit, in whole or in part, or create derivative materials from you may publicly discuss your thoughts regarding the D&D Next Playtest Materials and your playtesting experience.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

To digitally copy and distribute D&D Next material in whole or in part violate the Online Playtesting Agreement:

Confidentiality: As part of your!participation as a D&D Next playtester, you will receive Playtest Materials that are proprietary and highly confidential to Wizards. You agree not to copy, excerpt, distribute (either in physical or digital format), publish, display, disseminate, release and/or transmit, in whole or in part, or create derivative materials from you may publicly discuss your thoughts regarding the D&D Next Playtest Materials and your playtesting experience.

Well, don't download it.

I created the screen for my upcoming game, and thought I'd save others the problem since it's no more or less what WotC sent us to begin with.  Just in a convenient form to playtest their game.  And if they don't wish me to share it, I'll gladly delete the thread and link and take it out of my Google Drive.  Doesn't matter to me.  I made it for my game.  Just thought I'd share it to other playtesters on the playtest forum.

Thanks for your concern though.

I think it could be fair to say that this is considered feedback to WotC.  Like, "Hey WotC, make a DM Screen like this".

Anything said here is not in violation of terms of service:

"Additionally, your Feedback and use of the Forums will not violate the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct. "

But, it's also WotC right to delete whatever they don't like. 

Its not so much wether i download it or not but more to let you know it violate the term of your license.  

Other than that I think its a nice useful tool. 

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

That is exactly the kind of information that I would like the official DM Screen to have on it once they produce one.
Usually the first panel of the screen I find completely useless during the game. I need to have the equipment list with prices and weapon hit dice, also Break DC's for items and their modifiers. Not XP awards or Damage adjustments those things are not needed on the fly. On the fly information is what is needed.

What do other people think are important items to have on the Official DM Screen? 
It is a nice screen, and I agree that the rules so far are simple enough that I probably don't need one but I do like having something to hide behind when my players chuck dice at me. Wink

In an "official" screen I'd want a little more artwork facing the players. Not total artwork, because I'd like to have some information that they can see.

Actually, it would be cool for an "official" screen to simply be a bunch of panels printed out for us, and have it come with one of those customizable screens. That way each GM could arrange panels to taste.

Just me thinking out loud....

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

I don't like the elf grils. It's a great DM screen. can you make one without the elf girls for me? mabey insted add more info. you can fit alot where that second elf girl is.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/1.jpg)

Yay thanks! I never end up using DM screens as actual screens when I've got a table going but as a common reference sheet these things are so handy.
Very good work!!! Thanks!!!