Layers? or a solution?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
A friend of mine plays with Humility, Leyline of Singularity and Dovescape casual of course, and horrible combo I think.

Is there a way using layers in which I could use the abilities of my creatures to destroy one or all of their enchantments? or any suggestion to break his combo?

Thanks
What's the combo? It's just dovescape, but you never get any tokens. Humility doesn't do anything special here.

Also, you don't "use" layers. Layers are always applied in the same order, unless effects within the same layer conflict (which none of these cards do).

Anyway, to answer your question, giving your creature an ability AFTER humility is on the field will work.

Alternately, if you had something like Nova Cleric in play as your opponent is casting Humility, you could use it to destroy the other 2 enchantments.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Humility + layers = FUN!  

If you have something that adds abilities and/or sets P/T, it will override a Humility that's already on the field.  Since Those effects would be applied in time stamp order, yours would have a newer time stamp. 
DCI Level 1 Judge Please autocard: [c]Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon[/c] = Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon [c=Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon]Skittles[/c] = Skittles Cards do what they say they do. No more. No less.
Ok Shrad Fenix, suppouse the next escenario to be more clear:

When my opponent casted Humility I have not any creature in play like Nova Cleric, so Humility resolves and all my creatures becomes 1/1 without powers, now if I got Nova Cleric kind of creature after that it doesn't matter 'cause they no longer works.

Now I'm hopping to draw some non creature enchantment removal, but before I could draw something like that, he plays Dovescape, now I'm hopeless to remove it, the combo is complete when later he plays the Leyline and now I neither have my birds.

Of course he is playing with somethings like Honor of the pure, Glorius Anthem played before Dovescape to pump his creatures or Reverence to prevent that I could attack.

Dragon Fox, exactly that's what I'm looking for, but is there something more especific? in order to break the statis he made with the combination of enchantments.
Ok Shrad Fenix, suppouse the next escenario to be more clear:

When my opponent casted Humility I have not any creature in play like Nova Cleric, so Humility resolves and all my creatures becomes 1/1 without powers, now if I got Nova Cleric kind of creature after that it doesn't matter 'cause they no longer works.

Now I'm hopping to draw some non creature enchantment removal, but before I could draw something like that, he plays Dovescape, now I'm hopeless to remove it, the combo is complete when later he plays the Leyline and now I neither have my birds.

Of course he is playing with somethings like Honor of the pure, Glorius Anthem played before Dovescape to pump his creatures or Reverence to prevent that I could attack.

Dragon Fox, exactly that's what I'm looking for, but is there something more especific? in order to break the statis he made with the combination of enchantments.

Those are questions for Cards & Combo's, not Rules Q&A.
You could also try countering Dovescape's ability if you really need a non-creature spell to get through.
Doh, nevermind.

DCI Level 1 Judge Please autocard: [c]Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon[/c] = Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon [c=Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon]Skittles[/c] = Skittles Cards do what they say they do. No more. No less.
You could also try countering Dovescape's ability if you really need a non-creature spell to get through.

Stifle won't counter dovescape's ability. It will give you a 1/1 bird.

Dovescape is pretty nasty. Your best bet would honestly be to just play as many creatures as you can until you have more than he does. I don't believe there are any hand-based activated abilities (like some cycling triggers or forecast) that destroy enchantments, but I may be wrong. 

Rules Advisor

could something like Wispmare be used to destroy Humility?
proud member of the 2011 community team
Opalescence.

Why it works.

The layer system prescribes that type-changing effects apply in Layer 4, before effects that add or remove abilities. Therefore, Humiliity can't stop Opalescence from applying (even if you have multiple Opalescences). However, Humility now finds itself applying to some new stuff. Things like Dovescape (so your noncreature spells don't get countered any more) and Leyline of Singularity (so nothing is Legendary unless it says so on the typeline).

For ways to get Opalescence onto the battlefield through Dovescape, look at ways of making your stuff uncounterable.
Still blessed by Julia of Hillsdown. M:tG Rules Adviser You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
could something like Wispmare be used to destroy Humility?

No, it Wispmare doesn't have any abilities while Humility is in play.

Rules Advisor

Man-Lands like Mishra's Factory.  They will have the right P/T since they are activated after Humility is in play. 

If you can get it on to the battefield before the Dovescape, Aura Shards could help. 
Sign In to post comments