Minimum Die and what it means

Alright, I've read in the Playtest Player's Handbook that certain things have whats called 'Minimum Die'. Now, say in the case of the Rogue whose minimum Stealth roll is a 10. Does that mean that if they roll a d20 and get less than 10 that they automatically make it a 10 or that they roll a d20, then add whatever they normally do +10? I assume its the former, but I just wanted to check and see what the thought on that is. I am running my group through the adventure and crash coarsing them with this information (they will all be registered by tomorrow when we play) and I would like to figure this out beforehand.

Q: If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home, and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous...with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid.

It means the former in your post. If I play a Rogue (as currently implemented) and on a skill check I roll a 9 or lower, I instead calculate the skill check as having rolled a 10. Bonuses to the skill check are added on afterwards as normal.
Wizard's first rule: People are stupid.
Thanks.

Q: If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home, and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous...with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid.

Sorry, need to clarify that this only applies to skills in which the Rogue has training.
Wizard's first rule: People are stupid.
Sign In to post comments