Errata

Page 2, section "Making a Saving Throw": The last word in the section perhaps shoud be "saving throw", not "check".
Page 2, section "Making a Saving Throw": The last word in the section perhaps shoud be "saving throw", not "check".

+1 for doing your job as a playtester and not whining things outside of the playtest scope.

good job sir.
The wording feels wrong in the movement section when describing high jump and long jump.  I would suggest changing the word "walk" (ie, you walk ten feet and then jump up ... ) to the word "move".  Because I know I will have players who will saunter over to the chasm and them jump across it.  I think they need to move a bit faster than the leisurely stroll that the word "walk" implies.  Maybe that's just me.
The wording feels wrong in the movement section when describing high jump and long jump.  I would suggest changing the word "walk" (ie, you walk ten feet and then jump up ... ) to the word "move".  Because I know I will have players who will saunter over to the chasm and them jump across it.  I think they need to move a bit faster than the leisurely stroll that the word "walk" implies.  Maybe that's just me.

But moving and walking are the same thing.  That's why the entries for jumping say "walk 10 feet".  So there's no real point changing it to "move" instead because at least at the moment they're synonymous.  The default mode of movement is walking, in which you're character normally moves however many squares they can.  But you can move in various ways by jumping(high or vertical), crawling, swimming, or standing up.  If the entries for jump were changed from "walk 10 feet" to "move 10 feet", by the way the rules and such are written now someone could swim 10 feet vertically and jump through water, or crawl 10 feet and jump into the air or something.
I noticed that the rogue's dagger does 1d6 damage but the dagger in the equipment list is 1d4.
Page 18: Simple Missile Weapon: A basic missile weapon...  - There shoud be probably "simple", not "basic".
Page 21: Lantern, Hooded: ...It burns for 6 hours on a pint of oil. Once lit, it burns for 6 hours on a pint of oil... - One sentense is redundant.
I noticed that the rogue's dagger does 1d6 damage but the dagger in the equipment list is 1d4.

According to this Legends & Lore article, that's not a mistake...that's a racial bonus that they didn't mention on the sheet. It also happens with both Dwarven characters (one is using a Warhammer to deal d10 damage, the other is using a greataxe to deal 2d6 damage). It woud have been nice if they had pointed this out on the sheets, though.

When the Cat's a Stray, the Mice will Pray 

So... Should I give the human cleric a morning star or fix the quarterstaff attack and damage to use his dex?
Page 25, section Stacking: There is Instead, the highest bonus from those spells applies. I guess there should be correctly Instead, the highest bonus or penalty from those spells applies. Because the section is not only about bonuses but about penalties as well.
Sign In to post comments