Rogue: +1 Dex
Wizard: +1 Int              

Dwarf, Hill: +1 Con
Dwarf, Mountain: +1 Str
Halfling, Lightfoot: +1 Dex
Elf, High: +1 Int
Human: +1 All, and +1 more to class main attribute

- - - - -

I like that classes granted a point, but the racial of only +1 to one stat (for non-humans) seems a bit tame.  Might be more impactful once I hit the table though.
Im surprised. But this is what the pattern seems to mean:

This is the array that all characters use:

Wizard: +1 Int
Rogue: +1 Dex
Fighter: +1 Con
Cleric (Protection): +1 Str 
Cleric (Sun): +1 Wis

It seems there are no racial ability bonuses, except for the Human.

The Human gets +1 to all ability scores, apparently instead of other racial features. Balancewise this seems absurd, but there it is.

It seems the Cleric domain determines the ability bonus. Probably class builds generally determine the ability bonus.

Heh, the anti-synergy between flavor and mechanics (Fighter gets Con, not Str?) ... is something I feel the need to fix.
The 3rd edition point buy system also works to come up with the same ability scores.  Personally, I don't like class giving an ability score bonus...racial bonuses are one of those things that just "feel" like D&D to me.  So an alternative way of generating ability scores which still works with the playtest is to start at 8, 1:1 to 14, 1:2 to 16, 1:3 to 18.  Use 25 points.  The non-human races get an additional +2 to one stat.  Humans gain a +1 to all stats and a +2 to one stat.

This works for all the sample characters except the dwarf fighter, who is using 26 points (with a +2 to CON), so it's pretty close.  This is assuming non-human races can have a +2 to one of two stats based on race, like:

Dwarf: +2 to CON or WIS
Elf: +2 to DEX or INT
Halfling: +2 DEX or CHA

And humans gain +1 to all stats and an additional +2 to one stat of their choice.

I mean no offense, but it seems kind of silly to reverse-engineer the ability score generating systm when it may very well change by the time we see the rules for character creation. Or after we see them for that matter, depending on how well recieved they are.
I mean no offense, but it seems kind of silly to reverse-engineer the ability score generating systm when it may very well change by the time we see the rules for character creation. Or after we see them for that matter, depending on how well recieved they are.

We've seen feedback where people complain human's suck because they get nothing. By reverse engineering the ability scores you can offer them an alternative viewpoint.

The OP is correct as far as I can see, except fighters get +1 con, not +1 strength (that bonus is coming from being a dwarf). All IMO 

We've seen feedback where people complain human's suck because they get nothing. By reverse engineering the ability scores you can offer them an alternative viewpoint.

The OP is correct as far as I can see, except fighters get +1 con, not +1 strength (that bonus is coming from being a dwarf). All IMO 

True, but "humans suck" isn't the feedback they're looking for either, especially since they know we don't know the math. Your efforts would be better spent on constructive feedback than trying to correct useless feedback. WotC will probably ignore the useless stuff anyway.

True, but "humans suck" isn't the feedback they're looking for either, especially since they know we don't know the math. Your efforts would be better spent on constructive feedback than trying to correct useless feedback. WotC will probably ignore the useless stuff anyway.

It's hard to give them contructive feed back when we don't have all the details.  At a glance the human does seem like they gets no racial perks.  The Dwarf gets a couple things, as do elves and halfings.  So the inital reaction of "humans got the shaft," may not be contructive, however it is an out cry that could be addressed.  As I said we don't have all the details on how racial stat blocks work or any of that so its a time will tell scenario.

I dont think your right.

Once you remove the Cleric class Wisdom bonus from the Human array, you have racial +1 to every ability. Once you remove that, you have the array that the other races are working with. Which means theyr just adding their class bonus to this array, and thats it. There are no other bonuses. There is no racial bonus for them.

It's hard to give them contructive feed back when we don't have all the details.  At a glance the human does seem like they gets no racial perks.  The Dwarf gets a couple things, as do elves and halfings.  So the inital reaction of "humans got the shaft," may not be contructive, however it is an out cry that could be addressed.  As I said we don't have all the details on how racial stat blocks work or any of that so its a time will tell scenario.

Exactly, so focus on the material that we do have, and let time tell on the stuff we don't have.
It seems far more likely that they're using the old Elite Array, which is actually 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.
It makes more sense, given all the throwbacks and nostalgia they're putting out. This means that:

Hill Dwarves get +1 Constitution (possibly Wisdom, the way the stats are arranged, but Constitution is more traditional)
Mountain Dwarves get +1 Strength
High Elves get +1 Intelligence (which means Wood Elves are likely to be +1 Dexterity)
Lightfoot Halflings get +1 Dexterity (which means Tallfellow Halflings are likely to be +1 Charisma)

And Humans get +1 to everything, then +1 to any one ability score.
Alternately, they could get +1 to everything, then +1 to their Class's ability score.
I like the idea, if its correct, that you get a bonus to attributes based on your race and then what you do. If you are a fighter, sure, a plus one strength makes sense. I mean you arn't all your species, you could be a weak dwarf that made up for it with fighter training...
Hill Dwarves get +1 Constitution (possibly Wisdom, the way the stats are arranged, but Constitution is more traditional)
Mountain Dwarves get +1 Strength
High Elves get +1 Intelligence (which means Wood Elves are likely to be +1 Dexterity)
Lightfoot Halflings get +1 Dexterity (which means Tallfellow Halflings are likely to be +1 Charisma)

Were these confirmed subraces?  I personally miss the Hairfoots (Hairfeet?) and the Stouts/Stoors, and we've always had far too many elves (wood, wild, high, gray, valley, aquatic...).

"Edison didn't succeed the first time he invented Benjamin Franklin, either." Albert the Alligator, Walt Kelly's Pogo Sunday Book  
The Core Coliseum: test out your 4e builds and fight to the death.

Assuming all is correct... if one were to try and build their own characters based on the pre-gens, we'd have:

Races
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
High Elf: Free Spirit, Keen Senses, Low-Light Vision, +1 Int
Hill Dwarf: Dwarven Resilience, Low-light Vision, Speed, Stonecunning, +1 Con
Human: +1 All
Lightfoot Halfling: Lucky, Naturally Stealthy, +1 Dex
Mountain Dwarf: Dwarven Resilience, Low-light Vision, Speed, Stonecunning, +1 Str

Classes
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cleric: Channel Divinity, Divine Magic, Orisons, Weapon and Armor Proficiencies, +1 Wis
Fighter: Weapon and Armor Proficiencies, Weapon Focus, +1 Str
Rogue: Rogue Scheme: Thief, Skill Mastery, Sneak Attack, Tools of the Trade, Weapon and Armor Proficiencies, +1 Dex
Wizard: Arcane Magic, Cantrips, Spellbook, Weapon Proficiencies, +1 Int

Backgrounds
Commoner: Animal Handling/Commerce/Folklore +3,Trade
Knight: Animal Handling/Diplomacy/Heraldic Lore/Religious Lore +3, Knights Station
Priest: Diplomacy/Insight/Religious Lore/Wilderness Lore +3, Temple Services
Sage: Forbidden Lore/Magical Lore/Natural Lore/Religious Lore +3, Researcher
Soldier: Intimidate/Perception/Survival +3, Endurance

Themes
Guardian: Defender Feat
Healer: Herbalism Feat
Lurker: Ambusher Feat
Magic-User: Arcane Dabbler Feat
Slayer: Reaper Feat

I doubt they'll give classes bonuses to stats.  I think it's more likely that they used the elite array with the 15 in every class' prime requisite (anyone else remember prime requisite?), and simply chose races whose ability bonus also hit that same stat.
Personally I like the idea of classes with stat bonuses. It makes a certain amount of sense after all.

Assuming all is correct... if one were to try and build their own characters based on the pre-gens, we'd have:

Races
High Elf: Free Spirit, Keen Senses, Low-Light Vision, +1 Int
Hill Dwarf: Dwarven Resilience, Low-light Vision, Speed, Stonecunning, +1 Con
Human: +1 All
Lightfoot Halfling: Lucky, Naturally Stealthy, +1 Dex
Mountain Dwarf: Dwarven Resilience, Low-light Vision, Speed, Stonecunning, +1 Str

Classes
Cleric: Channel Divinity, Divine Magic, Orisons, Weapon and Armor Proficiencies, +1 Wis
Fighter: Weapon and Armor Proficiencies, Weapon Focus, +1 Str
Rogue: Rogue Scheme: Thief, Skill Mastery, Sneak Attack, Tools of the Trade, Weapon and Armor Proficiencies, +1 Dex
Wizard: Arcane Magic, Cantrips, Spellbook, Weapon Proficiencies, +1 Int

Backgrounds
Commoner: Animal Handling/Commerce/Folklore +3,Trade
Knight: Animal Handling/Diplomacy/Heraldic Lore/Religious Lore +3, Knights Station
Priest: Diplomacy/Insight/Religious Lore/Wilderness Lore +3, Temple Services
Sage: Forbidden Lore/Magical Lore/Natural Lore/Religious Lore +3, Researcher
Soldier: Intimidate/Perception/Survival +3, Endurance

Themes
Guardian: Defender Feat
Healer: Herbalism Feat
Lurker: Ambusher Feat
Magic-User: Arcane Dabbler Feat
Slayer: Reaper Feat

Looks good.

Note, the Human gets an additional +1 Wis, in addition to the race +1 All and the class +1 Wis. A total of +3 to one ability. Already +1 All is an appealing race benefit. The Human getting even more seems overpowered compared to the other races.
Note, the Human gets an additional +1 Wis, in addition to the race +1 All and the class +1 Wis. A total of +3 to one ability. Already +1 All is an appealing race benefit. The Human getting even more seems overpowered compared to the other races.

It's only powerful if you can get all of your stats to be odd before applying the racial bonus. Otherwise they are just a waste. This is why +1s to ability scores don't really work in the "Need +2 to matter" system. Humans having +1 to everything will be able to give them anywhere between +6 overall to their total ability mods or nothing. Also, I'm kind of hoping with the racial weapon thing that Humans actually have one. Spears?
EVERY DAY IS HORRIBLE POST DAY ON THE D&D FORUMS. Everything makes me ANGRY (ESPECIALLY you, reader)